Add on concern

off to neverland

DIS Veteran
We just bought 150 points at SSR, with the plan that in a few years we would add on another 150 points, as our kids would be growing and we would want larger accomodations at more popular times of the year, such as spring break.

I would like both kids to inherit one of the point packages, and am thinking that we will need to make sure both point packages expire at the same time, so that one kid isn't robbed of the 14 or so extra years that SSR has over the other resorts. So for now that means that when we add on, resales at resorts other than SSR are out of the question.

Which leads to my dilemma..... Disney is offering the $10 off per point, as well as the 2 annual passes. This seems like a good deal. In three years, do you all think Disney will be starting another DVC resort? Is this the plan? If not, we'll end up buying an SSR resale, and I can't imagine we'd save that much buying in three years, when you figure the free annual passes in.

Truthfully, I'd rather have two separate home resorts (that expire at the same time) at 150 points each, and moneywise, it would be easier to swing another purchase in a few years (though we could make it work now.)

Is this add on such a great deal or is this par for the course with Disney? Is it a once in a lifetime chance, or do you all think there will be another new resort in a few years with similar cost?

Thanks,
Rae

While none of us can predict the future, SSR may still be selling in 3 years, since it is planned to be a very large resort. DVC has not announced that Eagle Pines has been cut, only that SSR was built first because the infrastructure was already in place. There is also the outside possibility of the rumored Contemporary DVC Villas...so there may be other DVC resorts available with the 2054 end date when you are ready to add onto your purchase...as far as price, who knows? But I would just guess it would be more expensive than the current offerings for SSR, since the price has historically increased over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter