• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about double strollers

Krisj

Mouseketeer
We are going in Sept, staying at the FQ. I have 5 kids ages 9 down to 9 mos at the time we go.
We have a double side by side stroller. We will be driving down to WDW.
Will it be better to drive to the parks with the stroller and kids or take the buses? I posted this on the transportation board too, but thought you guys might have some more input. The whole time I was thinking buses, but I forgot how much of a pain the stroller is, especially if we will have other stuff in it.
Or should we consider renting a stroller there? DO they have doubles? I have read though that with a baby your own stroller is better. But is it worth the hassle?

Yes, they do rent strollers, but I wouldn't want to do that if I were you. Your kids will be tired when you leave the parks, and you don't want to have to carry them while you're waiting for the bus. The nine month old would be heavy enough, and you didn't say how old the other child using the stroller is.

I've never had any experience with double strollers before. Is it possible that it folds up? If so, then don't worry about it. Another possibility would be to bring 2 single strollers and get one of those things that joins them together. You could get 2 small strollers that would collapse. I would not want to drive to the parks with all of those young children. The parking lots are busy, and you would have to hang on to all of them but maybe the oldest. Plus, you have to ride a tram to get to the entrance at most parking lots, and it's even harder to get a stroller on a tram.

We went to WDW 2 years ago with a 12 month and a 2 1/2 year old and a double side by side stroller. It was fine. We liked having our own stroller. The kids could nap and we had room to carry stuff.

My suggestion to you is to bring a large tote bag to throw everything into at the end of the day when you are waiting for the tram/bus/shuttle. Then when it gets there you just grab the loaded bag, grab the baby, fold up the stroller and off you go.

You have pleanty of extra hands so you could even use 2 backpacks instead.

Have a great time!

Lisa

We prefer our own stroller. We also rent a car for our trip. We've done folding up the stroller for a bus and a car and prefer a car.

We prefer our own stroller because of walking to the park, walking to the car, and walking to your room, and at the airport to hold the kids or other things, plus the baby will be more comfy in your own stroller. Also there's a place for your stuff at the parks, like the diaper bag etc...

We brought a double, side-by-side stroller last trip and it worked great, only bad thing was having to fold it up EVERY time for the monorail when others could just push their's on (if it wasn't crowded) because ours was too wide. But it wasn't too wide for stores and restaurants so don't worry about that.

Hope I've helped you!

Sometimes the parks run out of double strollers if it is a busy day. I would and have brought my own double stroller. I have three kids and this is what we did... I held the smallest child, and the hand of the middle child. The oldest child helped dad with the stroller, carrying any bags we didn't have sent to our room etc. If the bus was crowded we just made due and so did the people around us. Most were very pleasent.

Have fun!

:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter