Aaron Hernandez

When a decent person commits suicide, it is tragic and horrible. When an absolute waste of a life, one who murders others, commits suicide, society celebrates. His suicide just rid the world of a murderous threat and drain on society. Many people don't find that tragic at all. I'm sure the guy he murdered would be dancing in the street.

I'm a member of society and I do not celebrate his death. I find the memes and jokes about him distasteful. Yes, he was a horrible person and I'm not shedding a single tear over his death, but I'm sorry, I just can't celebrate it.

I am in the minority, but I think he could have won an appeal for the first murder conviction. Much of that case was based on the other case- the one he was acquitted of. He really did surround himself with some horrible people - college, and NFL coaches knew that and spent a lot of time and effort keeping him away from "home".

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-prison-suicide-death

The theory is that the murder of Lloyd was because of the previous case. He was convicted with circumstantial evidence. His DNA was not found at the scene and he was not shown on camera waving a gun around at his house. His attorneys said he was at the scene - with the others who plea bargained the charges to 4.5-7 years in prison. It seems Hernandez was the bigger fish to catch.
- https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-prison-suicide-death

You are incorrect. There was a lot of evidence against him.
The prosecution was not allowed to bring up the nightclub incident in his first trial. Actually that shows just how much evidence there really was. Police do believe the motive was Hernandez being super paranoid and not trusting Llyod with his knowledge about the nightclub evidence. They weren't allow to bring up any of that at trial so they basically had no real motive yet he still got convicted on first degree.
The idea going around that he had a good chance with his appeal is totally made up.

Man, you are wound up today! :lmao: I didn't see anything about CTE till page 4 when Denise mentioned it.

I guess I think more like these guys.

yeah I get wound up when people have sympathy & think a scumbag gang banger is a poor victim. Darn he shot his supposed BFF in this face, and people defend him. Poor Aaron

Oh smearing the DOC officers with murder accusations with all this conspiracy stuff. That is what kinda gets me "wound" up.

Last edited:
yeah I get wound up when people have sympathy & think a scumbag gang banger is a poor victim. Darn he shot his supposed BFF in this face, and people defend him. Poor Aaron

Oh smearing the DOC officers with murder accusations with all this conspiracy stuff. That is what kinda gets me "wound" up.
I haven't really seen anyone here express a ton of sympathy for him. It's an interesting subject worthy of discussion.

There's nothing wrong with discussing "conspiracy stuff" when it comes to finding out the truth about something. Even if there are criminals housed in jails, they're still someone's relatives, or they may be innocent, so it's in the public interest to know if there's anything sketchy going on. No one's running around with a tin foil hat.

I haven't really seen anyone here express a ton of sympathy for him. It's an interesting subject worthy of discussion.

There's nothing wrong with discussing "conspiracy stuff" when it comes to finding out the truth about something. Even if there are criminals housed in jails, they're still someone's relatives, or they may be innocent, so it's in the public interest to know if there's anything sketchy going on. No one's running around with a tin foil hat.

I don't know. The conspiracy stuff is totally made up, there is harm in that. It's one thing if there's some basis in reality but if it's just feelings, gossip and bad information then it's harmful. We have a big problem with feelings, rumors, gossip, and outright lies being treated as true.
The idea that there's no harm in baseless conspiracy theories just adds to that. It's all about breaking the mentality that has gotten us to this place.

Opinion conspiracy news is all fun and games until you are hurt by it.

Opinion conspiracy news is all fun and games until you are hurt by it.
Of course. I think some conspiracies can drag on and on long after facts have come out. I see this as different. Less than 48 hours after an event, it's normal to ask questions about what may have happened, until the facts are in. In this case, it wasn't just guards that were being looked at, it was other inmates, and I think that's normal - guards, inmates, and others aren't going to necessarily be hurt by it. We know things happen in jail. Now, it seems, they're off the hook. Although the family is calling for an independent investigation, which probably makes sense in this case since it is so complex.

In his notes to his daughter and his fiancee, he said he loved them and would see them in heaven. The third note was to the public, but they haven't released what that one said. The autopsy is complete and his brain has been given to BU for CTE testing, as his family requested.

Denise
No, it hasn't. It is infuriating that he died an innocent man, due to a technicality in the law.

No, it hasn't. It is infuriating that he died an innocent man, due to a technicality in the law.
I am not sure what you mean by bolding part of my reply. It has been confirmed several times here in the Boston area that brain tissue was turned over to BU yesterday for CTE testing.
Denise

Plus, the bible verse? Not Aaron.

I've read in several places that he was known for being religious in college. So much so, that he would meet his college football coach at 7:30am for bible study some days.

I've read in several places that he was known for being religious in college. So much so, that he would meet his college football coach at 7:30am for bible study some days.
Yes, I believe his college coach was really into it and got Aaron into it, as well.

I am not sure what you mean by bolding part of my reply. It has been confirmed several times here in the Boston area that brain tissue was turned over to BU yesterday for CTE testing.
Denise
Yes, it was reported on the news last night that the doctor from BU who studies CTE went to the funeral home in Watertown where Aaron's body is being handled. Not sure if that was to pick up the brain, or to examine his body, or what. :scared:

ETA Oh, I guess he did an independent autopsy there. Wow. And the body will be embalmed before bringing it to CT, according to this article.

http://whdh.com/news/independent-autopsy-conducted-on-aaron-hernandez-at-watertown-funeral-home/

This just out this morning:

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...g-judge-for-order-on-aaron-hernandez-evidence

"Family asking judge for order on Aaron Hernandez evidence

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — Family members of Aaron Hernandez are asking a judge to order Massachusetts prison officials to preserve evidence so they can investigate the circumstances of his death.

Hernandez’s fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins Hernandez, filed an order Wednesday on behalf of the daughter she had with Hernandez. It asks that prison officials be barred from altering or destroying any potential evidence, including Hernandez’s writings, video and audio recordings and medical records.

A judge in New Bedford is due to hear the request at 2 p.m. Friday.

Hernandez was found dead in his cell Wednesday, days after being acquitted in a 2012 double homicide case. He was already serving a life term in a 2013 killing."

My SO watches a lot of ESPN so I saw Aaron's reaction when he was found not guilty. I turned to my SO and said "he is a broken man. Jail will do that to you." At his first trial he showed no emotion and this time he broke down. It was really weird to watch.

You are incorrect. There was a lot of evidence against him.
The prosecution was not allowed to bring up the nightclub incident in his first trial. Actually that shows just how much evidence there really was. Police do believe the motive was Hernandez being super paranoid and not trusting Llyod with his knowledge about the nightclub evidence. They weren't allow to bring up any of that at trial so they basically had no real motive yet he still got convicted on first degree.
The idea going around that he had a good chance with his appeal is totally made up.

Simply quoting you because you mentioned motive, not disagreeing with what you said.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys will bring forward suggestions of motive or lack thereof to provide a framework of their theory of a case. Motive is not actually an element of the crime according to the law and is not required in order for a conviction. Jurors are specifically instructed regarding this and are told motive is not part of the prosecution's burden of proof.

I could go out one night and randomly shoot someone in a dark alley. Let's say the person is a stranger to me and there are no witnesses. The police are completely stumped until they wind up with some grainy footage from a surveillance camera in the area. The camera shows a minivan with one door a different color from the rest of the vehicle. At the scene they've also recovered a shell casing with a partial fingerprint on it, but not enough for matching. After an extensive search the police locate me via my minivan, with a now re-painted door matching the rest of the vehicle. They have evidence from a local collision shop that after the shooting I had my entire van repainted a different color, including the door that did not match the rest of the vehicle when I brought it in. I am brought in for questioning and a search warrant is obtained for my fingerprints. I am found to be a possible match to the partial print, but that's as far as they can use that evidence to establish my identity. They have also uncovered evidence I once owned a gun like the one used in the shooting, but I claim to have gotten rid of it years ago. Absolutely zero connection can be established with myself and the victim, offering no motive they can put forth to explain why I would shoot this person. I could nonetheless be charged and convicted even though the prosecution could present no motive whatsoever to the jury.

I'm very interested in any verified evidence coming out that there was K2 in his system. What I know of how the jail here in our county works, as well as what colleagues here have said about our state prisons, I'd be very surprised if anyone could have gotten into this cell and murdered this man without being detected and stopped. I'm told even a scenario where a rogue guard or guards could potentially have done something like this would be pretty unlikely. A lot of the same reasons that make someone managing to sneak in and murder this high profile prisoner incredibly unlikely really reduce the ability he could get contraband like K2. Not that drugs are unknown in our prisons or even jails, but the high profile of this particular prisoner and what that meant to his particular living situation make that kind of thing particularly difficult.

Once the brain is handed over and if results come back positive for CTE, I'm sniffing a lawsuit from his family against the NFL. :rolleyes:
He only played in the NFL for 3 seasons before all this happened. He definitely abused steroids which was probably a contributor to his erratic behavior. I guess he could have gotten a brain injury in 3 years for sure, but he also could have gotten that injury while in college in the NCAA. I understand that all of this could have contributed to murder and eventually him committing suicide, but you also have to look at the other side as well he also had many positive influences as Family, Coaches, Ex-Teammates who all reached out to him during his troubles and he made choices to keep going the thug life. It all comes down to making Good choices or Bad choices and he unfortunately kept making the bad ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter