Aaron Hernandez

He hurt a lot of his own family. His older brother had a pretty promising coaching career, stayed out of trouble, and constantly told Aaron to shape up. After the first arrest for murder nobody in the football community would touch his brother. One of the big sports magazines ran an article on it all where his brother tried to figure out what happened to Aaron and what lead him where he was. The brother constantly said of course his hurt will never be the same as the family that lost a loved one but his life will also never be the same because of his brother's choices. I don't think these high profile athletes realize it is so much more then themselves.

It definitely is a shame that this guy wasted a ton of talent to go the thug life. He just got involved with the wrong Gang related people it seemed. It only takes one bad decision and no matter how much is handed to you on a silver platter or talent you have it can go down the toilet in an instant and it did with him. I certainly feel for his family and his little daughter, but the guy wasted his life and he could have had a really good one.

Welcome to the DIS and I love your signature. :welcome:

Is it true that he wrote the Bible verse John 3:16 on his forehead before committing suicide?

There are sick jokes all over Facebook about his suicide. My own cousin posted one and all of his friends had a good laugh over it. I don't know how I feel about him killing himself, and I know his family are among his victims because he hurt them with his actions. I just had hoped as humans, people were better than to do that but I guess not. I get the anger and the "who cares?" It just bugs me, the jokes. That's all.

Is it true that he wrote the Bible verse John 3:16 on his forehead before committing suicide?
Yes, a few more details have come to light as well. He left 3 notes near the open bible. one to his mom, Shay , and 4 year old daughter. The door was clogged with cardboard in the tracks, and the floor had soap on it. And Baez has lost his own mind today. I watched both of the trials.

There are sick jokes all over Facebook about his suicide. My own cousin posted one and all of his friends had a good laugh over it. I don't know how I feel about him killing himself, and I know his family are among his victims because he hurt them with his actions. I just had hoped as humans, people were better than to do that but I guess not. I get the anger and the "who cares?" It just bugs me, the jokes. That's all.
I did not care for the man, but I am not laughing , it actually makes my heart break for both sides of the famiies. It is not a joking matter. I did not want him to kill himself.

With the new info it is still crazy. Not denying it is suicide still just crazy witg the appeal still open and potential for him to get out.

Just a sad reminder of how bad everything can go even when you have all the opportunities in the world.

You die like you live. He lived a dangerous gang banger affiliated life. He died a convicted murderer, as a dangerous gang banger in prison.
The only thing his talent and NFL career did, was increase his bank account, his ego, and his resolve that he couldn't be touched. Unfortunatley he found out the hard way because of his hard life choices. Sad.
Now that he has died he will no longer be a convicted murderer. Hard to believe , but it so.

In his notes to his daughter and his fiancee, he said he loved them and would see them in heaven. The third note was to the public, but they haven't released what that one said. The autopsy is complete and his brain has been given to BU for CTE testing, as his family requested.

Denise

I agree.

I just got through reading a long article about his brother and how all of this has impacted him.

https://www.si.com/longform/2016/aaron-hernandez-brother-dj-hernandez/

So sad.

ETA this is probably the same article that @wilkeliza referenced in a pp.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter