Aack!! Airline change...and 5 day panic setting in!!

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
...actually, its the four day panic! We're heading to Halifax Friday morning!!

AND...we now arrive on TO at 9:30am...
flight leaves for MCO at 10:20am...:earseek:

Can you spot the paniced people running through the airport?::yes::

That would be us!:D

Soooo...gonna go UNPACK the *beeeyouuuteefully* packed big, black, brick, and try to condense it down into carryons...think it'll work???

Please say yes...cause I might just lose my mind!!

I just can't see it all working this time of year - with de-icing, departure delays, etc, etc, that we would have time to claim bags, clear the "tunnel", clear C&I - and still make it to the gate, with a bathroom break thrown in there for good measure...

I apologize now for any posts over the next four days that will convince you that I'm a raving lunatic..please bear with me - here's hoping its not permanent !;)

:sunny:

I think that is a great idea. We try to do that all the time to avoid checking in and picking up the luggage. It will definitely save you time. Hope you have a great time.

I think it will work too. We haven't travelled with any checked luggage since we went to Holland for 3 weeks in 1996. We always take carry on, much quicker that way.

Remember the golden vacation rule............half the clothes, twice the money...........and you will be just fine.

Have a great trip, here's hoping for good weather for you.

It should be pretty balmy again by Friday!

Relax, enjoy! You're going to Disney World!

BTW, what makes you think we don't already think that!LOL

Sorry, I could not resist!

If I hear Sirens coming from the Airport, I'll know it's you and yours running down the runway trying to catch your plane!

Scratch
pirate:

Not sure if the whole Customs thing has changed from someone in your shoes flying from elsewhere in Can to Toronto, then changing planes and flying to Orlando, but I had to endure many frustrations a few years ago when I had to upon landing in Toronto not just worry about making my connecting flight, but I had to
a) re-claim my baggage (checked from Halifax, in your case)
b) drag yourself and your baggage through US Customs
c) re-check your baggage to Orlando after clearing customs
d) go through security again!

I would check in advance with your carrier how this all happens...even if you have no bags, it's very tight timing to have to go through Customs.

Hopefully things have changed for the better, but I'm a very frequent traveler (a Million Miler on Delta and a Continental Platinum Elite Flyer) and literally the only times in my life I have missed flights was trying to negotiate around the nuances and craziness of Toronto Airport!

Good luck!

When you get to Customs after your first flight, there is a person making sure that people with connecting flights in tight situations move to the front of the line. Watch for him and let him know what time your next flight is. He will help you to get through the Customs wait line much faster.

Make sure you've got your customs form filled out before you get in line or you'll just have to wait. Ask your flight attendant on your first flight for the forms or pick them up in the airport before your first flight.

Remember to roll your clothes and you can get lots of stuff in your carryon. Our last flight the carryons were huge.

We're doing lots of positive visualizations...:)

No line ups, we whiz right through everything...
PERFECT day to fly, no de-icing, no lineups on the tarmac...
AND the Candian dollar jumps to an ASTOUNDING $1.55!!

Could it happen...?:goodvibes

....who am I kidding!!
:headache: :headache:

:laughing: :laughing::laughing:

Thanks for all your tips...even if, GOD FORBID, we miss it, there's always another flight...we'll get there!!

:sunny:

We are in the same situation as you. We leave next Wednesday and and arrive in Toronto at 9:30 and have to be on the plane to Orlando at 10:20. Air Canada assures me I will make my connection but I have given up hope! We are travelling with three toddlers and can't see how we will ever get all of our luggage in time to clear customs. I was wondering if anyone knew if you can check your carseat at the gate instead of special luggage. We had to wait along time for special luggage but notice people were picking up strollers as they got of the plane.

We have travelled with just carryons before but it still took a long time to clear customs. Since September 11 we have had trouble clearing security with just a carryon. Watch what your putting in it. i.e shavers etc... You'll have to buy some things in Orlando if you plan on bringing just a carryon.

Have a great trip and I hope you make your connection!

too bad we're not all flying together...at least we could tag team the kids!!

"OK, you go the next 50 feet, tell the next AC employee that we're cuttin' 'er close!!"

It would be just like Airport Olympics!!;) ;)

If your car seat is a booster seat, they will not allow you to use it on the plane, and yes, I think you could "sky Check" it. This it what you will have to do with your stroller anyway. They take them from you just as you're walking in the plane door, and give them back as you're walking out of it.

But, are you renting a car in MCO? or just getting ground transportation...because if you're renting a car, call your rental car company. Then you wouldn't have to stress about taking it with you...and if its just ground transportation, like a town car, they have them, but you have to request it.

Tell EVERYONE that you need help...don't be shy, and have a great trip!!:sunny:

Thanks, your time is close now - Have a great trip.

I am renting a car but I was told it is an extra $50 US for a car seat. I could almost buy a new one for that.

Jaime:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter