A Vegetarian, picky 4 year old and Preggo do the Dining Plan!

dylansmama

Earning My Ears
I am used to Disneyland and there normal crappy park food (sorry) I was so pleasantly surprised to find good food through out the parks!

Thurday
Breakfast at Mara's in Animal Kingdom Lodge
Me and my husband had bagels and my son had Mickey waffles w/ unsweetened apple sauce. Nothing to write home about, but it was only $10 for all of us. Can't compain there!

Dinner at Nine Dragons in Epcot.
We went to see the Space Shuttle launch at Kennedy (don't ask about the food there [8|] ) so we were starving and took one of the first restaurants we could find, LOL
My husband, the vegetarian had Stir-Fry Seasonal Vegetables with Tofu added. He loved it and was glad the waiter talked him out of Ma Po Tofu Vegetarian style. He also talked him out of Salad in a Vase which I watch one girl eat. It was not a salad but like sticks of veggies with sauce on the side.
I had the Honey-Sesame Chicken, which even my son had some of... his first time eating chicken. I thought it was really good and I am used to PF Changs.
My son had a special made for him... tofu and broccoli with a brown sauce. The broccoli was too hard for even me to eat, but he ate the tofu and rice and didn't complain. The sauce was a little salty for my taste, but not too bad.
We each got dessert too... the Red Bean Ice cream was different, but good... not too sweet. I had the chocolate mousse cake that I enjoyed and my son had plain ole vanilla ice cream, which he was just fine with.

Friday
Breakfast at Tusker House in Aminal Kingdom
What is not to love about a breakfast buffet? They had waffles, eggs, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pastries, donuts, fruit... you name it! My husband came away with a big plate as did I... I pregnant woman's dream come true! LOL They had a Passion Fruit - Orange - Guave juice that was to die for. Add Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy and you have a winner. Plus he got a birthday cupcake!

Lunch at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios
Another buffet? Yeah, it was my sons birthday and he loves Little Einsteins and JoJo's Circus! Again, so many choices! My husband did not go hungry as most of the items that day were vegetarian... and he is a sucker for garlic mashed potatoes. And for the preggos, can you say little bite sized desserts so you could try all of them and not feel bad about leaving most of it one the plate!!
For my son, he ate the mac and cheese, broccoli and lots of applesauce.

Dinner - Jiko's Animal Kingdom Lodge
This was amazing!! We started with the Taste of Africa - Kalamata olive hummus, Durban Tikka Masala, and Malay spinach-lentil dip, with Lentil papadam, whole wheal lavosh, and Flax seed Naan bread. All the dips were great, but the spinach was my favorite! The also bought extra bread with a whipped butter with some spices and it was the best butter I have ever had!
Next came the Lentil "Pastilla" - Lentil-filled Phyllo pockets with a sweet-and-sour sauce. This was my favorite and I wish I got 2 orders instead of one! Then the Maize & Sweet Potato "Tamales" - Herbed maize pudding and truffled sweet potato mash with shredded goat cheese in corn husk boat.
We also got the Grains, Peas, and Vegetables - Black garbanzo peas, kamut, quinoa, pearl and black barley, and wheat berries with roasted veggies, and seared tandoori tofu. I was so full by the time this came I took a few bites and that was it. It was very good, but i would stick with the appetizers alone next time.
I also paid for this meal because with the dining plan, it take 2 credits and since our bill was less than a character meal, I figured, why waste a meal... Oh, and my son slept through the meal.

Saturday
Breakfast at Mara's in Animal Kingdom
Same thing as Thursday, but I added oatmeal too. It was really creamy and I could add how much brown sugar I wanted which was great b/c I don't like it too sweet.

Lunch at Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom.
I was starving and getting sick, so this fit the bill. Food, any food!
My husband got cheese pizza which was one step up from a frozen pizza. Not impressed at all.
I had the chicken parm sandwich and really liked it. It was on a whole wheat roll and the chicken quality wasn't too bad. The sauce didn't suck, so I liked my lunch.
The kid, well, he had spaghetti noodles... plain and grapes. Whatever, he ate! LOL
You also get desert and we got the Minute Maid Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Strategic move to get my son to sit in his stroller. [;)] I liked the apple pie though!

Dinner at Tony's in Magic Kingdom
I felt bad because I was raging hungry and my son was not listening and whining. I had to take him to the bathroom which was 2 stalls and a long wait, so when they had called our name and we missed it and the hostess told me another 25 min., I about lost it. She talked to her manager and said they would get us in sooner. Figures the kid had to pee AGAIN and yes, they called our name again. My husband was standing by, so they didn't skip us again. Poor girl.. and she smiled the whole time.
Now on to the food! Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!
We started with a salad, nothing to write home about and bread with a sun dried tomato dip... that is something to write home about! We ate it all! [:D] For dinner we both got the Eggplant Rotini. It was delicious!
My son had Mac & Cheese (I did say he was a picky eater), grapes and bread too!!
For dessert (It is included, so why not!) My husband had vanilla gelato that my son took over. I did get one bite in and really thought it was good. I had the Lemon Walnut Vanilla cake. I could have ate the whole thing if I wasn't thinking about how big my butt would have got [;)]

Sunday
Breakfast - Room Service at the Aminal Kingdom
I was so sick, I had to eat NOW! They got the food right up to us... they were awesome.
We had the standard, bagels, oatmeal and Mickey waffles with fruit... creatures of habit! LOL We also got the Passion Fruit - Orange - Guava juice that I am not craving [:(]

Lunch at Columbia House at Magic Kingdom
I was excited for my husband to try the Lighthouse sandwich... Hummus with tomato and broccoli slaw on whole grain bread. he said he really enjoyed it. The fries passed muster too as he is a fry freak!
I was going to order the Vegetarian chili, but my husband said I would probably fart all through the park (sorry TMI) and they also said that it gets returned the most because it is pretty spicy.. so I got the fish and chips. It was pretty good. No complains at all! For desert, we stuck with the apple pie.
Oh, my son had a pretzel (don't judge me) and fries. They had nothing he would eat.

Dinner at Cosmic Ray's at Magic Kingdom
We were both craving veggie burgers. And these were great! They have a condiment bar like no other! Sauteed Mushrooms and carmelized onions! Oh yeah! And don't forget the fries!! I think the patty was a Boca patty... I was really good.
They would have made my son a grilled cheese (they had a bun and cheese) but would have taken 20 minutes, so we skipped it) We got the triple chocolate cake and carrot cake. Not impressed. Took 2 bites and left the rest.

Dinner for the kid at Plaza Restaurant
This was a good deal! He got a salad, that mom was thrilled to eat, a grilled cheese that he downed along with grapes and then chocolate chip cookies for dessert, that mom also ate (he doesn't like chocolate so I wasn't taking the kids cookies away from him LOL)

Monday
Breakfast was room service again
Yeap, sick as a dog. I got the cheese omlete because I thought the protein would be good for me, but the grease mad me sicker. Oh well... it was good though! Husband stuck to the bagel and kid stuck with eating the ears off his Mickey waffles (which is not on the menu, but they send them up anyway)

Now what about snacks?
I would have got the Dole Pineapple Whip more but going past that part of the park with my little pirate son was too hard, so I settled for twice during our visit!! Once was the Pineapple and Vanilla swirl and once just Pineapple. I liked the Pineapple better, but my husband liked the swirl.

Can you say Pretzels? My son loves them and we got quite a few... but the pretzels are the only food at Disneyland that is better!! They have Mickey pretzels and taste better too.

Hand Dipped Ice Cream at Hollywood Studios. Since it was my son's birthday, they did a regular scoop and then 2 smaller scoops to make mouse ears! It was so cute.

Other than that, we used our credits on water!

I was so impressed with the food and glad I didn't have to have standard park food!!

Great review and hope you are feeling better!
Best of luck with the new baby!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter