A Touch of Disney 2021 Experience - Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

Is the site even checking if the person has tickets to TOD? Is it possible that people grabbed reservations that don't even have tickets?
I don’t see how that would logistically be possible for a ton of reasons. Just as a for instance, our TOD tickets are attached to my account... so my husband wouldn’t be able to make us reservations?

I wish Disney would announce times in advance and bulk up their ability to handle the traffic. No one should have spent hours on this - I don’t think that message on the website was an actual queue. It’s not like it took them hours to sell reservations; that was just time spent in limbo. It should have been “reservations released at 10am on the 11th” or whatever, and then have a system to handle the flood. It would be more competitive, and obviously would require better IT. But at least then there wouldn’t be hours of uncertainty.

Is the site even checking if the person has tickets to TOD? Is it possible that people grabbed reservations that don't even have tickets?
They did not check.
They did not check. The site says we must have tickets to get in. I am guessing some folks might not know that.

Well, once I finally got in, the website made me log in before I could look for dates and would only let me search for times on the date we had a ticket for TOD.

If people who don't have tickets got reservations, then I guess there will be more walk-up availability.

I don’t see how that would logistically be possible for a ton of reasons. Just as a for instance, our TOD tickets are attached to my account... so my husband wouldn’t be able to make us reservations?

You can attach the tickets to more than one account like normal as far as I know. They just keep the names originally assigned the first time attached. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Was playing around on the app and this popped up. Hopefully this deters people without TOD to not make reservations inside DCA during the event.
View attachment 562032
I did not get that message on my Pixel. I wonder if my app was out of date.

Just checked. It's up to date.

Regardless, there was nothing available for March 18th when I tried at ~10:55

Darn I forgot it was today. I guess no lamplight lounge for me 😔. Maybe sometime this year I can try the lobster nachos.

You can attach the tickets to more than one account like normal as far as I know. They just keep the names originally assigned the first time attached. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Right, but without any requirement like that being announced in advance, I can’t imagine people would do that?

The hassle of making reservations linked to having a ticket seems significant. On the other hand, they can easily fill any no-shows with walk-ups with their new contactless system. The pop-up “warning” seems sufficient. 🤷‍♀️

Right, but without any requirement like that being announced in advance, I can’t imagine people would do that?

The hassle of making reservations linked to having a ticket seems significant. On the other hand, they can easily fill any no-shows with walk-ups with their new contactless system. The pop-up “warning” seems sufficient. 🤷‍♀️

True. And if it was a requirement to have it attached, they definitely should have announced it in advance. But I also feel like many attached them just in case too :confused3 . I did, but I ended up making no reservations.

Honestly? I've been worried people would troll reservations today :(. Or just ignore the pop up.

I am feeling very excited with all this Disney news! ToD, the egg hunt, and reopening just around the corner- it is nice to feel hopeful again! I look forward to seeing and hearing the first visits next week. We are headed there at the end of the month.

I am feeling very excited with all this Disney news! ToD, the egg hunt, and reopening just around the corner- it is nice to feel hopeful again! I look forward to seeing and hearing the first visits next week. We are headed there at the end of the month.

I agree!! I can't wait to get back into the park in any capacity and to hear everyone's trip reports and food booth reviews - especially the photo ops and stuff like that. My friend and I aren't going until April 17, but I'm already making my list of food to try and busily working on our Disneybound!!

They haven’t announced what time parking will open yet, have they?

We have tickets for next Saturday and are hoping to go early to do the egg hunt around DTD, but that will depend on when the lot opens...

Parking opens at 11:30 a.m.
Oh, thank you for the info!

That sounds like a mess, though - for a 12-8 event, it seems like you’ll kill at least your first hour just parking, walking the the tram route, and getting in! Super curious to see how the first couple of days go. May end up burning $10 on parking at DTD or a local hotel if it’s as chaotic as I imagine... maybe I’ll be surprised, a lot depends on how many tickets they actually sold, I guess.

Definitely looking forward to the first few days to see how it plays out. We will be there 21st. Wondering if we park elsewhere where would an entrance be.

Oh, thank you for the info!

That sounds like a mess, though - for a 12-8 event, it seems like you’ll kill at least your first hour just parking, walking the the tram route, and getting in! Super curious to see how the first couple of days go. May end up burning $10 on parking at DTD or a local hotel if it’s as chaotic as I imagine... maybe I’ll be surprised, a lot depends on how many tickets they actually sold, I guess.

Unless there turns out to be a reason to walk the tram route, this is what I'll be doing (getting a hotel and walking over; in fact hotel has been booked for months already along with several other speculative bookings). I mean, I have to get a hotel since I'm not local even though some really seem convinced I am :rotfl: . But it seems like a good idea considering how close to the start M&F opens to have a hotel.

I'll also be doing like you and watching the first few events to see how it goes, though. No matter what I need the hotel, but if there's good reason to park in M&F for some reason, I might as well.

I could also see it getting more chaotic if they can increase capacity at all and thus sell more tickets (I know more than a few crossing their fingers for that to potentially happen). So it could change after the event is already started... Also weekends and weekday ToD events might see a difference despite all being sold out? Maybe?

I'm definitely eager to see reports from the first few events!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter