A Touch of Disney 2021 Experience - Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

Touch of Disney is a "special event" with no rides open specifically to get around the required guidelines for opening the parks. I'm grateful, because I'm flying in from Salt Lake for it!

Exactly- I think Disney will leave ToD alone since pivoting would be too hard and a PR nightmare for those out of staters who put early faith into Disney. Disney knows how many out of state tickets sold so if significant number, disney will not pivot to reopening DCA before ToD runs its course.

The doesn't preclude DL reopening though. I would reopen DL as soon as unions are willing to do so and not a single day later. OC will most likely be in red by 4/1. as will qualify on tuesday's update and 14 day clock starts. Red tier entry ~3/23 and if the numbers keep improving orange tier 4/6 -- if the UK variant doesn't spread faster than some models are predicting. Here in SD we have some models dropping into red in April and bumping back into purple in May due to combo reopening and UK variant. :(

Does anyone think more tickets will be released for early April dates?

If everything went absolutely perfect from today forward, the soonest they could open tier wise would be about May 4th. And that isn't going to happen. I am hoping for a July 17th opening.
How do you get May 4th? Are you counting all the way to Yellow?

They haven’t mentioned anything about releasing additional tickets. Maybe (big maybe), if throughout the event OC moved to a less restrictive tier they can up the capacity and do “surprise” release ?

I think that they will definitely announce more late-April/early-May dates. The reception for the first month has been so strong that I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price and announced another month of dates in the next couple of weeks.

And even though we're all excited by the prospect of Disneyland opening, it's still a ways out. And with the parks only able to operate at 15% capacity with limited indoor attractions, I think Team Anaheim likely sees A Touch of Disney as being a more profitable short-term solution.

I think that they will definitely announce more late-April/early-May dates. The reception for the first month has been so strong that I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price and announced another month of dates in the next couple of weeks.

And even though we're all excited by the prospect of Disneyland opening, it's still a ways out. And with the parks only able to operate at 15% capacity with limited indoor attractions, I think Team Anaheim likely sees A Touch of Disney as being a more profitable short-term solution.
In town April 28th for 3 nights. Hoping for an opportunity to attend.

Just tried online and was put into a waiting room for dining reservations, so they may have opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter