A tip.

BrotherCraig

DIS Veteran
Be patient. There are a lot of people who don't get the chance to visit Walt Disney World often or it might be a once in a lifetime trip. If you go a lot, be patient with the ones that don't. We want to stop and look at things. We want to soak it all in. We want to snap a picture. We want to see everything we can. Please be patient. Walk around those folks if you have to but allow them to soak in the moment. I have seen arguments and people yelling at folks being very ugly because they were soaking it all in while others didn't care what was around them and just wanted to go through. Be patient. Walk around them or ask if you can go ahead of them. Everyone wants to enjoy the magic in their own way.

That is all.

On the flipside, even if you're new, it's incredibly rude to suddenly stop and block all walking traffic behind you. Everyone should just be mindful of everyone else.
It's unbelievable how many people (not just at WDW, but everywhere) stop right in the middle of the flow of traffic to have a conversation, check their phones, etc. So oblivious, heh.

On the flipside, even if you're new, it's incredibly rude to suddenly stop and block all walking traffic behind you. Everyone should just be mindful of everyone else.
I always go off to the side but is there a walkway direction in parks? If so, I never knew or noticed.
Also, an annoyance, is people who walk side by side with three people or sometimes two when not room for people passing. They do that at work too. Annoys me.

I find it amazing that people get mad about stuff like this. Is it really that big of a deal to have to go around a person? Does it matter that the "flow of traffic" is messed up? I mean I get it when there are injuries involved, but otherwise, the fact that people care or get annoyed boggles my mind.

I find it amazing that people get mad about stuff like this. Is it really that big of a deal to have to go around a person? Does it matter that the "flow of traffic" is messed up? I mean I get it when there are injuries involved, but otherwise, the fact that people care or get annoyed boggles my mind.

I agree. Not worth getting annoyed or upset over. When I enter a theme park, I just see chaos. Same goes with a mall. I just see chaos. And fun. Love seeing everyone smiling and enjoying their time. A lot of people we see on vacation probably never been on a vacation before. Some of these people never been outside of their towns or states their entire lives. There is a lot to take it that is for sure. Heck, I never been on any vacation until I was in my 20s. My parents never been on one their entire lives. Most people don't get the chance so it is best to enjoy the moment and realize how lucky we are to be able to visit these kind of places.

Agree, I have no trouble doing what I can to help make everyone's visit enjoyable but what I refuse to overlook is rude ignorant people whether it's your once in a lifetime trip or you have been there 100 times.

Regardless of how many times I may have already visited the current visit has cost me $1000's of dollars and it will not be ruined by any uncouth behavior. In other words you aren't putting your family ahead of mine at the last minute at parades, you aren't cutting line in attractions, I am not going to be subject to your foul mouthed conversations, I won't be impeded by large groups blocking walkways, I won't be a party to your drunkeness etc, if any of that happens I have and will continue to speak up rather than be quiet and just allow the behavior to continue.

Has zero to do with my post but thanks for sharing.
It kind of does actually when you say to be patient with folks "enjoying the magic in their own way" Sometimes their "own way" is all of those things I enumerated and more. I happen to agree with your premise to an extent right up until it interferes with me "enjoying the magic" in my own way. Whether it be your once in a lifetime trip or youre a frequent flyer we are all ultimately there for the same reason.

It doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying specifically. Someone waiting one minute to snap a picture or video standing in a long line does not affect anyone. The Hurry up and wait type folks maybe.

Same type of people who honks their horn at people when the light immediately turns green just to pass them to just see them again at the next light. Hurry up and wait type folks.

I'm all for people taking their time to take it all in and snap pics, and when in a wide open space like the middle of the hub or over near Space Mtn and the dance stage where it's more spacious, sure there's room to go every which way and people do. But if your party is in a not-so-spacious pathway where there's a general flow of foot traffic (between hub and Tomorrowland, between hub and Liberty Square, etc) please PULL OVER and step to the side out of foot traffic and then take all the pics you want. This is one of my biggest peeves of WDW that people (first timers or 100th timers, doesn't matter) are right in the flow of traffic and stop dead without notice to look at a map or talk about where to go next -- please please please move over to one side and discuss all you want. It's not so much a hurry thing (as noted above in the rushing to the next red light) as it's an unexpected disruption thing.

I've been to many new cities for the first time and before I stop to take a pic or two of a landmark I pull the car over rather than stopping in the middle of the road.

It's unbelievable how many people (not just at WDW, but everywhere) stop right in the middle of the flow of traffic to have a conversation, check their phones, etc. So oblivious, heh.
My Husband says I do that all the time in the grocery store.
Did not know I was guilty.

I'm all for people taking their time to take it all in and snap pics, and when in a wide open space like the middle of the hub or over near Space Mtn and the dance stage where it's more spacious, sure there's room to go every which way and people do. But if your party is in a not-so-spacious pathway where there's a general flow of foot traffic (between hub and Tomorrowland, between hub and Liberty Square, etc) please PULL OVER and step to the side out of foot traffic and then take all the pics you want. This is one of my biggest peeves of WDW that people (first timers or 100th timers, doesn't matter) are right in the flow of traffic and stop dead without notice to look at a map or talk about where to go next -- please please please move over to one side and discuss all you want. It's not so much a hurry thing (as noted above in the rushing to the next red light) as it's an unexpected disruption thing.

I've been to many new cities for the first time and before I stop to take a pic or two of a landmark I pull the car over rather than stopping in the middle of the road.

Exactly this! No one has a problem with others looking and taking pictures, but be aware that there are others around you also. You can easily tell if you are in the "walking zone" part of the walkways and that if you just stop, the whole line behind you stops. That is extremely rude to just stop dead in the path. It is so easy to work your way to the side and stop. I don't think that that is an unreasonable expectation for people to have. Some people have mobility issues and can not just stop on a dime if you just stop right in front of them. It all comes down to common curtesy. I have no problem going around you, but don't just stop dead right in front of me when everyone is walking.

My Husband says I do that all the time in the grocery store.
Did not know I was guilty.
Grocery stores are different. Most only have the width of two grocery carts. No place to go there without blocking. I usually don't take my cart down an aisle because of that. I walk down quickly and grab what I need and back to the cart. Lol. Wish aisles were wider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter