A tip.

Some people have mobility issues and can not just stop on a dime if you just stop right in front of them. It all comes down to common curtesy. I have no problem going around you, but don't just stop dead right in front of me when everyone is walking.
Similarly, some people have mobility issues and can not just move on a dime. Some people are anxious and are trying their best to get a grasp of what's going on. Yeah, it can be frustrating if someone seems to carelessly stop right in front of me but we can also realize that maybe there's a reason beyond being "extremely rude" (it was a mistake, they have a mobility issue, something else). Like, how hard is it to be a little bit gracious when people don't do what you want/think. To me, extremely rude indicates some intention to offend another person and making a mistake isn't necessarily extremely rude (even stopping to get one's bearings, if not a mistake, may be rude but extremely rude? Jeez).

Similarly, some people have mobility issues and can not just move on a dime. Some people are anxious and are trying their best to get a grasp of what's going on. Yeah, it can be frustrating if someone seems to carelessly stop right in front of me but we can also realize that maybe there's a reason beyond being "extremely rude" (it was a mistake, they have a mobility issue, something else). Like, how hard is it to be a little bit gracious when people don't do what you want/think. To me, extremely rude indicates some intention to offend another person and making a mistake isn't necessarily extremely rude (even stopping to get one's bearings, if not a mistake, may be rude but extremely rude? Jeez).

And people are very understanding if there is an issue. I have seen it many times where something happened and they had to stop. But I have also seen many, many times where people are just oblivious that there are other people around them. It is not an emergency to stop dead in your tracks to look at your phone. I have a bad knee and it is extremely painful for me to come to a halting stop. I try to keep a bit of distance between me and those in front of me, but people always seem to fill in the gap. I don't want to blow my knee out because you don't remember what time your next Genie+ return time is and so you decide to just stop right then and there. Consideration works both ways but you seem to be acting as if being oblivious is not rude. And yes, it is extremely rude to have zero consideration of those around you. In your mind, you expect everyone to be "understanding" and dodge those who just stop, but where is the reciprocal courtesy for those who are forced to come to a fast halt or swerve so as not to hit the person who just stops, or worse, someone else? I have been going for over 30 years and have seen a lot of behavior. I have been bumped into, stepped on, and rammed with a stroller, all because someone decided to stop right in the flow of traffic for no reason. Where is the "understanding" and compassion for all of those affected by a someone who does this? This has to be the number 1 complaint about other guest's bad behavior.

If I have to stop either to check my phone or get a child in/out of the stroller, I step to the side of the walkway ( out of people's way.) This is the courteous thing to do. If you are going down main street etc, I fully expect people to stop for photo ops or to ' take it all in. When you are stopping to take a bite of what your eating, getting into your bag for a drink for yourself and child without getting out of the way......this is rude behavior. I have had this happen quite a few times.. I don't care if I go once a year or everyday, it's rude. If I see someone trying to figure out which way to go, I ask if I can help. It's all about being kind and courteous.

Also, what previous poster said, it's actually really dangerous to abruptly stop. I have seen so many people get knocked by strollers doing this, or hit by scooters.

And people are very understanding if there is an issue. I have seen it many times where something happened and they had to stop. But I have also seen many, many times where people are just oblivious that there are other people around them. It is not an emergency to stop dead in your tracks to look at your phone. I have a bad knee and it is extremely painful for me to come to a halting stop. I try to keep a bit of distance between me and those in front of me, but people always seem to fill in the gap. I don't want to blow my knee out because you don't remember what time your next Genie+ return time is and so you decide to just stop right then and there. Consideration works both ways but you seem to be acting as if being oblivious is not rude. And yes, it is extremely rude to have zero consideration of those around you. In your mind, you expect everyone to be "understanding" and dodge those who just stop, but where is the reciprocal courtesy for those who are forced to come to a fast halt or swerve so as not to hit the person who just stops, or worse, someone else? I have been going for over 30 years and have seen a lot of behavior. I have been bumped into, stepped on, and rammed with a stroller, all because someone decided to stop right in the flow of traffic for no reason. Where is the "understanding" and compassion for all of those affected by a someone who does this? This has to be the number 1 complaint about other guest's bad behavior.
Right on ............. OP will say this "has zero to do with his post" but in reality it and all the others addressing the rudeness that can come from some "enjoying the magic in their own way" have nailed it.

Being patient is one thing, but also having some awareness of those around you goes together with that. You aren't the only ones at Disney and there will be LOTS of other people around. When anywhere in public, it just seems that some people are so self-absorbed they have ZERO grasp of anyone around them.

The thing is--EVERYONE needs to be aware. There is NO need to be rude to someone who is "oblivious". It's not like they are doing it on purpose to be a *******. It's accidental. You can ask them politely and kindly to not do that. Being aware of snarkiness and attitude is very important, too.

I was at Knott's Berry Farm this past week and I noticed the worst behavior didn't come from the oblivious or the accidental knocking into people, but it came from the people WHINING and YELLING at them. Like the people who were obvious were all alike, "shoot sorry." or at Worst a glare. The ones who complained were yelling and calling names. How very "Karen."

Does an obvious person need to be more aware? Absolutely. Does a person need to be an *** to them? Absolutely not.

It boggles my mind that people CARE so much.

The thing is--EVERYONE needs to be aware. There is NO need to be rude to someone who is "oblivious". It's not like they are doing it on purpose to be a *******. It's accidental. You can ask them politely and kindly to not do that. Being aware of snarkiness and attitude is very important, too.

I was at Knott's Berry Farm this past week and I noticed the worst behavior didn't come from the oblivious or the accidental knocking into people, but it came from the people WHINING and YELLING at them. Like the people who were obvious were all alike, "shoot sorry." or at Worst a glare. The ones who complained were yelling and calling names. How very "Karen."

Does an obvious person need to be more aware? Absolutely. Does a person need to be an *** to them? Absolutely not.

The point is that the fact that people are "oblivious" IS the rudeness. How in the world are you surrounded by thousands of people and then "forget" that fact? Do you just stop driving in the middle of the highway to check your texts? Of course not. This is no different, your actions cause others issues and sometimes injuries. We are not taking about accidentally bumping into someone and say sorry or excuse me, we are talking about people walking in the flow of traffic and then stopping for no reason. The action that halts the whole line and causes people to try to stop or run into others. How about people stop being so "oblivious" to their surroundings. I don't condone being nasty, but I can certainly understand frustration when you are a person who consciously makes the decision to be aware of your surrounds so as not to be rude to others, but some people are too selfish to that. It is a choice to be oblivious or not. And there are too many people that chose to be this way. It has gotten much worse over the years as people have become more selfish. It is not that they are incapable of being aware of others, it is just that they don't care.

idk perhaps one person's definition of "oblivious" is another person's definition of an a******** ...... jus sayin

The point is that the fact that people are "oblivious" IS the rudeness. How in the world are you surrounded by thousands of people and then "forget" that fact? Do you just stop driving in the middle of the highway to check your texts? Of course not. This is no different, your actions cause others issues and sometimes injuries. We are not taking about accidentally bumping into someone and say sorry or excuse me, we are talking about people walking in the flow of traffic and then stopping for no reason. The action that halts the whole line and causes people to try to stop or run into others. How about people stop being so "oblivious" to their surroundings. I don't condone being nasty, but I can certainly understand frustration when you are a person who consciously makes the decision to be aware of your surrounds so as not to be rude to others, but some people are too selfish to that. It is a choice to be oblivious or not. And there are too many people that chose to be this way. It has gotten much worse over the years as people have become more selfish. It is not that they are incapable of being aware of others, it is just that they don't care.
It is actually not always a choice. There are tons of neurodivergent issues that are usually undiagnosed in adults that can lead to a person being oblivious.

And when you are driving there is a different level of concentration from walking. That's why walking doesn't require a license, but driving does.

It is a choice to not be bothered by others choices and only concentrate on our own, however.

idk perhaps one person's definition of "oblivious" is another person's definition of an a******** ...... jus sayin

Obviously. One person's definition of Treasure is another person's definition of trash. Still, one can choose to not care and still have a good day and another can stew and whine about it.

Obviously. One person's definition of Treasure is another person's definition of trash. Still, one can choose to not care and still have a good day and another can stew and whine about it.
Sure and One could also choose not to care about those that do choose to care and still have a good day :)

It is actually not always a choice. There are tons of neurodivergent issues that are usually undiagnosed in adults that can lead to a person being oblivious.

And when you are driving there is a different level of concentration from walking. That's why walking doesn't require a license, but driving does.

It is a choice to not be bothered by others choices and only concentrate on our own, however.

Ok so now you are going down the road that everyone is mentally incapable of realizing that there are thousands of other people there with you? LOL You seem to be defending this behavior pretty strongly. Are you one of those that just stops dead and doesn't care about anyone else? We all understand your point of view, how we should all just let everyone do whatever the heck they want to do and just be fine with it. But shouldn't that go for those who are actually the ones that are inconveniencing others? Why do they get a free pass to act however they want regardless of how it affects those around them? Everyone should be more understanding and aware of others, and this very much includes those who just stop for no reason. We need to stop excusing bad behavior all of the time. Where is the line on when the behavior is "bad" enough for you? So just stopping while walking is fine for you, how about running into someone with their stroller because they were "oblivious"? Or ramming someone with their ECV for the same reason? Do we just forgive all of those behaviors because they are just "oblivious" and that is fine? What if you or your child is injured by one of these "oblivious" people? Is that OK too? Why is it so hard for you to understand that this behavior has consequences? Yes, most of the time it is just annoying, but there are too many times where it is much more then that. Bottom line is that everyone should be aware of their surroundings and don't do things that can cause others issues. And that very much includes just stopping right in the path.

Ok so now you are going down the road that everyone is mentally incapable of realizing that there are thousands of other people there with you? LOL You seem to be defending this behavior pretty strongly. Are you one of those that just stops dead and doesn't care about anyone else? We all understand your point of view, how we should all just let everyone do whatever the heck they want to do and just be fine with it. But shouldn't that go for those who are actually the ones that are inconveniencing others? Why do they get a free pass to act however they want regardless of how it affects those around them? Everyone should be more understanding and aware of others, and this very much includes those who just stop for no reason. We need to stop excusing bad behavior all of the time. Where is the line on when the behavior is "bad" enough for you? So just stopping while walking is fine for you, how about running into someone with their stroller because they were "oblivious"? Or ramming someone with their ECV for the same reason? Do we just forgive all of those behaviors because they are just "oblivious" and that is fine? What if you or your child is injured by one of these "oblivious" people? Is that OK too? Why is it so hard for you to understand that this behavior has consequences? Yes, most of the time it is just annoying, but there are too many times where it is much more then that. Bottom line is that everyone should be aware of their surroundings and don't do things that can cause others issues. And that very much includes just stopping right in the path.
How will the "oblivious" ever know that they are "oblivious" if those who are affected by their "obliviousness" don't make them aware that they are being "oblivious"? Please have patience for those among us that choose to educate the inconsiderate. :)

Putting words in people's mouths is pretty rude, IMO. I said "not always" which is a far cry from everyone. Nor am I making assumptions of people, which is also pretty rude. But I don't let any of that bother me. As Elsa says, I just Let it Go. After all, maybe it's just me misconstruing the tone of this post and you don't mean to come across as snooty or higher morality.

Physically harming someone is always a different story from a simple annoyance. But have I been hit by an unruly stroller before? Sure have. Did I let it go? I sure did. The mom looked haggard and her kid was crying. I could be pissed at her rudeness or I could just let it be and go on to the ride. When something happens deal with it, if it's nothing move on, is my philosophy.

This all goes back to my point that EVERYONE should be more careful and give everyone grace. I have frequently bumped into people who stopped at Knott's this past week, cause of phones mostly, and I said, "Oh I didn't see you there." Almost everyone said some variation of, "I'm sorry, my bad." One person even acknowledged she was in the middle of the road herself.

**** happens. We are on vacation. There are ****ty people everywhere, but we don't know why people are being ****ty unless we are in their heads. I don't even blame anyone on here for being huffy at other people, tbh. It's a common human cognitive fallacy to attribute other people's faults as a fault of who they are. But I think it's important to point out those biases so we can all be kinder human beings, INCLUDING the people who are oblivious for no other reason than selfishenss.

not to get too out there or anything - but this is a little parable I think about often and can be especially relevant dealing with Disney crowds.
———————————-

A monk decides to meditate alone, away from his monastery. He takes his boat out to the middle of the lake, moors it there, closes his eyes and begins his meditation. After a few hours of undisturbed silence, he suddenly feels the bump of another boat colliding with his own. With his eyes still closed, he senses his anger rising, and by the time he opens his eyes, he is ready to scream at the boatman who dared disturb his meditation. But when he opens his eyes, he sees it’s an empty boat that had probably got untethered and floated to the middle of the lake. At that moment, the monk achieves self-realization, and understands that the anger is within him; it merely needs the bump of an external object to provoke it out of him. From then on, whenever he comes across someone who irritates him or provokes him to anger, he reminds himself, “The other person is merely an empty boat. The anger is within me.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter