A Successful September-W.I.S.H. Goals

:welcome: Mike! Feel free to jump in whenever you can-if we don’t hear much from you next week we’ll know it’s because you’re having fun!
Wow, you are doing great! Aren’t you glad you’re 45lbs down heading to Florida next week?

:welcome: Mike! Feel free to jump in whenever you can-if we don’t hear much from you next week we’ll know it’s because you’re having fun!
Wow, you are doing great! Aren’t you glad you’re 45lbs down heading to Florida next week?

Its AWESOME lol. I had an original goal of dropping 17 before I left and here I am at 45. Glad to be part of the group!

We talked about how awesome the app is at my meeting this morning! Love scanning things in the grocery store! And isn’t it easier to track now that so much is 0 points?

Definitely. I put a couple things back today after I scanned them today. Today was a really low point day for me so I'm having a vodka lemonade.

Definitely. I put a couple things back today after I scanned them today. Today was a really low point day for me so I'm having a vodka lemonade.[/QUOTE

Vodka lemonade sounds fabulous! I weighed in today and kept my points low enough for a celebratory vodka martini :)

I am in for the month. I am Stephanie and I am from Northeast Ohio. I have been married almost 14 years. We have 2 kids. DS is 12 and DD is 11. They keep us very busy so getting a workout in is tough.

I don't walk outside by myself when it is dark and that seems to be the times I can go. I have decided to start getting up at 5:30am and walk with DH even though I despise it. Today that did not happen since I somehow did not get my phone on the charger and it did died last night. Thankfully DH woke up at 6:30 so neither one of us were late to work. Since we didn't walk this morning we did go for a walk tonight.

The weather here right night is really hot. So walking during the daylight times is really out. My kids are bummed because our district closed schools that did not have air condition. Their school does.

Hello, Piglet1979! Glad you can join us this month!
Isn’t the the heat oppressive? I live in south central Pennsylvania and some schools in other counties have closed due to heat and not having air conditioning. I’ve been walking around 6:30-7 at night. We have a wooded trail behind our house and by then it’s tolerable-except for gnats! No matter what repellents I try they love to buzz around my face.
Hopefully cooler air is on the way.
I’m so impressed you get up so early to walk! I know when you work full time there just isn’t enough time.

:banana::banana:Woo-hoo Wednesday is here! :banana::banana:

What positive, happy, I’m having a good day type of event can you share with us?

Over two weeks I lost another 3.2lbs-so I am 2lbs under my official WW goal and only 3 more lbs to lose to reach my happy weight-after carrying those extra 20lbs for almost two years I feel so much better!

What positive, happy, I’m having a good day type of event can you share with us?

Over two weeks I lost another 3.2lbs-so I am 2lbs under my official WW goal and only 3 more lbs to lose to reach my happy weight-after carrying those extra 20lbs for almost two years I feel so much better!

Congrats, that's great progress and you hit your WW goal! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!

Woohoo it's Wednesday... or is it Monday? On Friday this confusion is going to work in my favor as it will feel like I'm going from Wednesday to Saturday.

I'm back from the extra long holiday weekend, and joining in for September. Hi, I'm Lizanne, a singleton from lovely Seattle Washington. I've been over weight pretty much my entire life, in the past few months I've gotten things together and am moving in the right direction, eating well, getting healthy and getting some weight off.

My September goals:

1. I want to lose 14 pounds by the time I go to Texas in November, so -7 will be my weight loss goal for this month.

2. Walk 100 miles... this one seems to work well for me.
3. A gal I follow on IG just published her book about spending 30 minutes a day drawing/painting something everyday day for 100 days. I had pre-ordered the book months ago and it came yesterday and it's really lovely with themes and prompts. I'm terrible about developing new habits, so I'm going to make it one of my goals this month, to do a drawing/painting every day.

I did almost nothing over the holiday weekend, except for Sunday when I drove up in to the mountains where my Brother and SIL were camping and we did a four mile hike. It was beautiful and a bit challenging as it was a steady climb. The trail ran along a stream and we hiked up to the first of a couple lakes, where the water was the same blueish-green color that I saw up in Alaska, due to the high mineral content. Other than that I did a few chores around the house, knit, and took a lot of naps. In hindsight I'm thinking I was so low energy because I've got a touch of a cold, so I'm being grateful that I was just feeling lazy and not out right sick.

Last edited:
And PS... Welcome to all the new comers! It's great to see new folks get involved!

I’m so impressed you get up so early to walk! I know when you work full time there just isn’t enough time.

I am impressed with myself too. I hate getting up in the morning. Today I got up at 5:30, walked for about 30 minutes then went back to sleep until 6:45 when I had to get up and get ready. DH starts work at about 6 so we have to be back by then. The lucky duck gets to work from home 4 days a week.

This is awesome. Congrats!!!!

I forgot to post my goals. I have a few.

1. I am going to get 10,000 at least 6 days a week
2. I am going to get 45 minutes of exercise a day. Doesn't matter what kind just some movement
3. Drink 20 oz. of water a day starting with today. So 25 days.

My Woohoo for today is I got up and walked this morning at 5:30. I have been doing great so far with my goals. September is the only day I did not get any steps or exercise in. We were lazy this day.

I am also woohooing that I made the decision to go to the work conference. I am still very nervous about it but excited to go. Conference, hotel and flights are all booked. No backing out now. This is so out of my comfort zone.

DD is hanging in there with school. Anxiety has kicked in so we have been dealing with that lately. It is not bad right now so i am hoping it does not get worse.

DS is doing great as always. He loves school and his sports. We just need to get him on a better schedule. His is so tired in the morning.

I’m putting Thursday’s topic up a little early because tomorrow is a little crazy busy for me!
I noticed several of us have determined to drink more water as part of our goals-and if we need any more confirmation as to why this is a good idea, there’s a good article on elementalbottles.com that list 15 very good reasons.
I’m guilty of not reaching for water as much as I should and I’m going to work on that.

What are some of the ways you incorporate drinking enough water into your day?
Do you like water? Do you feel you drink an adequate amount?

Wahoo school started and the students were back! I think the entire staff was pooped at the end of the day. I actually enjoyed having them teaching all day so they couldn't be in the office bugging me!!! I almost found my desk. Maybe tomorrow, but probably not until October!

I slept in this morning. I did get my workout clothes ready just in case I woke up early. I did not--which is rare. Thoroughly enjoyed that extra hour plus of sleep.

I found my file on physical therapy but my shoulder exercises weren't in it. Wonder where that went?! Guess I'll keep searching and in the meantime do the few I remember.

@Flossbolna it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything because I would have lost it all over my laptop when I read your comment about pickleball!

welcome @MikeNamez . Awesome job on your journey to be healthy!

I’m putting Thursday’s topic up a little early because tomorrow is a little crazy busy for me!
I noticed several of us have determined to drink more water as part of our goals-and if we need any more confirmation as to why this is a good idea, there’s a good article on elementalbottles.com that list 15 very good reasons.
I’m guilty of not reaching for water as much as I should and I’m going to work on that.

What are some of the ways you incorporate drinking enough water into your day?
Do you like water? Do you feel you drink an adequate amount?

I find it really hard to drink water, so to get more in I have been using the Crystal Light sprays which are great. No calories and doesn't ever seem like I'm actually drinking water. I try to get at least 4 liters in a day which still isn't enough, but better than none at all!

Water:
Right now I'm consuming a good amount of water: my goal is 2+ liters per day, because that feels right for my body. Every now and then I have a day where water consumption is low, I can really feel the difference. I'm OK with straight up water, but at home I mix in some powder that's a blend for healthy skin/hair/nails.

Due to a mix up on my part last week, last night was really my first Pilates class. Holy cow, I'd forgotten how challenging even simple moves can be. There are only four people in each class, which I like because I feel like the instructor can keep an eye on everyone and help to make corrections. At home I'll be practicing just doing the basic table top position, so I can master it and feel like I've got a good foundation.

The past few weeks I've done well with reducing the amount of dairy I was consuming, now I need to focus on getting my % of protein up... fortunately with autumn looming I'm wanting more cooked foods. I'm thinking there will be salmon for lunch today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts