~ A PTR for a CAMPING Trip That Might Never Be ~ *TR Started (link inside)*

You will love camping at FW. I started taking my boys to FW when my third was 2.5 and I took my youngest for the first time when he was 1.5. My boys are now 22, 19, 15 and 11 and they still love to go to FW. The oldest 2 now have their own busy lives with work and college but every time they hear we are going to the fort they try to take some time from their schedules to join us for a few days. My second one even told me that when he has own family he wants to take them camping at the fort.

We started out with tent camping using air matresses and sleeping bags and in 2006 we bought a pop-up camper and love it. On our last camping trip we did not even go to the theme parks, we just enjoyed the campground and everything it has to offer.

I look forward to seeing how your plans work out.

That sounds much more relaxing than a theme park :thumbsup2

If I would have known there was a cookie for a prize I would have spilled the jelly beans! :lmao:

:rotfl:

You will love camping at FW. I started taking my boys to FW when my third was 2.5 and I took my youngest for the first time when he was 1.5. My boys are now 22, 19, 15 and 11 and they still love to go to FW. The oldest 2 now have their own busy lives with work and college but every time they hear we are going to the fort they try to take some time from their schedules to join us for a few days. My second one even told me that when he has own family he wants to take them camping at the fort.

We started out with tent camping using air matresses and sleeping bags and in 2006 we bought a pop-up camper and love it. On our last camping trip we did not even go to the theme parks, we just enjoyed the campground and everything it has to offer.

I look forward to seeing how your plans work out.

Thanks so much for posting! I love hearing from others that have camped at the Fort with children and not only survived, but had a great time :) In just the short amount of time we spent there in January, I could tell how relaxing a place it is.

I think I'm gonna fall asleep... Sounds peaceful.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz;)

Everyone's falling asleep on my thread :eek:

:rockband: Maybe that'll wake you up.

I'm debating whether or not I should let you all get some sleep or post a new installment :confused: Everyone must be tired from the time change!

I don't get a time change ;) An installment works.

That's right. You're in Arizona, right? University of Phoenix (my school) is in Phoenix and I always have to have my assignments turned in by midnight Arizona time. And I know they don't do Daylight Savings. Alice Springs, Australia doesn't either.

But, alas, no installment tonight. I'm really trying to pace myself this time. I mean, come on! I have 20 months of PTR'ing to get through. Can't use all my good material right away.

But, I do have the next one started and will post it tomorrow :thumbsup2

Hi Carissa,
I'm here too. Do you actually like camping? We camped at FW when I was 6 and it was awful. I wished so much that we were at the Poly or CR. Just not outdoorsy I guess. Well I hope that you get to go to DIsney again regardless. But the Cabins at FW are really nice, my DB stayed there in October and they loved it.

Hi Carissa,
I'm here too. Do you actually like camping? We camped at FW when I was 6 and it was awful. I wished so much that we were at the Poly or CR. Just not outdoorsy I guess. Well I hope that you get to go to DIsney again regardless. But the Cabins at FW are really nice, my DB stayed there in October and they loved it.

Thanks for joining in :) Yes, I do like camping. I camped quite a bit as a kid and I love the outdoors.

I have no doubt that the cabins at FW are wonderful. The problem is the price. Part of why I want to tent camp is that it's so inexpensive. If we don't end up doing the camping thing, we'll be staying at Windsor Hills.

You do know that you're suppose to read the above title while channeling Cookie Monster, right? Cause otherwise you just think Me Don't Know Good Grammar.

This last one was simply a splurge. I saw it, it was new, one that I'd never seen before and therefore had to have it. It has tons of great glossy, color photos and interesting tidbits (it should for the price :sad2: ).

IMG_3561.jpg

"Me Don't Know Good Grammar" wins my Funniest Comment of the Evening award! I'm still laughing! :rotfl2:

You are absolutely right about that pic of Connor -- he's precious!

Australia is one of the places I would love to visit -- I have an aunt, an uncle, and assorted cousins who live in Canberra -- with a free place to stay I am not sure what is taking me so long to get there. :sad2:

I bought the Complete Guide to WDW, too -- love it with all the glossy pics and pages full of information. It's been my nightly bedtime story since I bought it. Amazon loves me, because I ALWAYS have to buy at least $25 to get the free shipping.

Nope. Not a wallaby. Here's a picture of what's on his cheek:

australiananimal.jpg

If no one gets it by tonight, I'll give the answer ;)

That thing looks suspiciously like a rodent -- part of me wants to like it...and part of me wants to run screaming in the other direction. :scared1:

"Me Don't Know Good Grammar" wins my Funniest Comment of the Evening award! I'm still laughing! :rotfl2:

I'm glad it amused someone! :rotfl:

Princess said:
You are absolutely right about that pic of Connor -- he's precious!

Thank you for stroking my mommy ego :lovestruc

Princess said:
Australia is one of the places I would love to visit -- I have an aunt, an uncle, and assorted cousins who live in Canberra -- with a free place to stay I am not sure what is taking me so long to get there. :sad2:

Did you know that Canberra is the capital of Australia? I've heard it's an odd city, but I've never been myself. Perhaps the 20 hours of flying time is keeping you from going (and the $2000 per person tickets).

Princess said:
I bought the Complete Guide to WDW, too -- love it with all the glossy pics and pages full of information. It's been my nightly bedtime story since I bought it. Amazon loves me, because I ALWAYS have to buy at least $25 to get the free shipping.

Someone else who understands how it all works :worship: It's silly to NOT spend $25 and have to pay the shipping fee. I mean, come on!

Princess said:
That thing looks suspiciously like a rodent -- part of me wants to like it...and part of me wants to run screaming in the other direction. :scared1:

Awww - if you read the Easter Bilby you'd fall in love with 'em :lovestruc I actually have a copy of the book and I should get it out in preparation of Easter coming up.

Did you know that Canberra is the capital of Australia? I've heard it's an odd city, but I've never been myself. Perhaps the 20 hours of flying time is keeping you from going (and the $2000 per person tickets).

Someone else who understands how it all works :worship: It's silly to NOT spend $25 and have to pay the shipping fee. I mean, come on!

Awww - if you read the Easter Bilby you'd fall in love with 'em :lovestruc I actually have a copy of the book and I should get it out in preparation of Easter coming up.

I am pretty sure it is the $2000 per person plane tickets -- seriously, for the 4 of us that would be $8000! :scared1:

Sheer foolishness to not spend $25 -- if you pay the shipping charges, that is like another whole book! ;)

I could probably handle bilbies in books -- I am okay with mice and rats in books (one of my favorite books as a child was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh), but, in person, let's just say, I freak :scared1: ! There were even parts of Ratatouille that gave me the heeby-jeebies.

Let’s pretend for a moment that this is a real PTR for a real trip. What are the plans so far?

Travel dates – November 21 – 29, 2009

Staying where – Fort Wilderness (tent camping – no stinkin’ cabins for us!)

Getting there – This is another roadblock that I hadn't thought about. If we end up being stationed on the West Coast, I can't see us driving. But, if we don't drive, it'll be awfully difficult to bring all of our camping gear along. Ideally, we'd drive as that's just our thing.

Tickets – Base tickets for 6 days (we’re not Easter Bunnies – no hopping for us)

Non-Disney Stuff – Definitely will do Sea World (most likely will be able to get in free thanks to DH’s military status)

ADR’s – Trail’s End, Coral Reef, Yak and Yeti, and maybe the character breakfast at the Poly :stitch:

Must Do’s – Haunted Mansion (never done), Space Mountain (ditto), Spend more time at the World Showcase, Finding Nemo and Beauty and the Beast (haven’t seen either), Henna tattoo for moi, spend lots of time hanging out at the Fort – campfire sing-a-long, beach, horseback riding?, chillin’ :cool2:

What about Memere and Pepere? I think I mentioned that they'd consider renting an RV at the Fort. There's someone on the camping board that rents out hers so that's a possibility. But, I think that would be kind of pricey for just the two of them. Another option is for them to stay in a value resort. Of course, they could always tent camp with us!

My friend Liz just told me about a segway tour at Fort Wilderness. That'd be pretty cool. I'll have to look into it, although this is suppose to be a budget trip. :rolleyes1

I'm sure I'll have more Must Do's as we go along, but I really want this trip to be a relaxing one. I'd love to hear any suggestions, especially ones related to Fort Wilderness.

**I'm so excited. I just printed out the list of all the smilies and their code! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I click on "more" it takes forever to load. But, I just don't have the codes memorized. Now I can look at my list. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Up Next...Sad News

Hi there!

Just made it over here. I can't believe you have another PTR going! I love reading your writing, so I'll definitely be keeping up.

Do you don't like MD too much? Dh's best friend lives in Elkridge with his family. We haven't been down there since 2005. It's a long drive for us with the kids!

Hi there!

Just made it over here. I can't believe you have another PTR going! I love reading your writing, so I'll definitely be keeping up.

Do you don't like MD too much? Dh's best friend lives in Elkridge with his family. We haven't been down there since 2005. It's a long drive for us with the kids!

Hey Danielle :) Glad to see you made it over here. Yeah, I have an illness. I guess I need an audience for my writing so another PTR it is :sad2:

Maryland is ok. It's just so crazy busy around here. I've done the drive from here to Maine by myself with the three boys and it took me 10 hours each way. It really wasn't bad at all. But, I don't mind car rides ;)

Eeks! The 20 hours of flying time has kept me from even looking up the plane ticket price! I do know that whenever I meet someone travelling from Australia, they are making it a really long trip, like a year, because they say it just isn't worth it to make a short trip.

Not sure how flying to camp would work. Dh (then dbf) and I did that once, just the 2 of us, and it seemed like we had a ton of stuff, and that was with a small-ish tent and just a tiny little camp stove. Tho possibly at FW, you could get away with just a tiny camp stove and not a full-blown one, since there are other food options? (I still don't own a big one, because we always go with friends who own one - and we usually have a big enough group to have 2. My little one usually is used for hot water for coffee & tea.)

Btw, yesterday, out of the blue, dd requested that we go camping. :confused3

Your tenative plans look great so far!

Eeks! The 20 hours of flying time has kept me from even looking up the plane ticket price! I do know that whenever I meet someone travelling from Australia, they are making it a really long trip, like a year, because they say it just isn't worth it to make a short trip.

Not sure how flying to camp would work. Dh (then dbf) and I did that once, just the 2 of us, and it seemed like we had a ton of stuff, and that was with a small-ish tent and just a tiny little camp stove. Tho possibly at FW, you could get away with just a tiny camp stove and not a full-blown one, since there are other food options? (I still don't own a big one, because we always go with friends who own one - and we usually have a big enough group to have 2. My little one usually is used for hot water for coffee & tea.)

I just don't think it'd be possible for us to fly with a huge tent, 5 sleeping bags and we MUST have mattresses to sleep on. Way too much.

Irene said:
Btw, yesterday, out of the blue, dd requested that we go camping. :confused3

Has she been reading my PTR? :confused3

:scared1: You could go to Disney twice with all that money!:scared1:

I'm hoping the military will pay for my next trip to Australia :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter