A Mousekeeping Tipping ???

EJKONZ

Earning My Ears
My adult daughter and I will be staying at SSR for six nights in June (girls trip, whoo-hoo!!:cheer2: ) and wonder what tipping protocol for the "home away from home" resorts might be. We generally stay in one of the moderates (CBR, POR, etc.) and tip $5.00 per day. There is a lot more space to clean in the villas ... should we tip more? We are very neat and tidy and never leave a mess but still appreciate the service and have always had mousekeepers respond with extra towels, coffee, shampoos, etc. which is really nice. Just wondering. :confused3

I assume you are staying on cash and therefore getting daily maid service? If so, whether you are in a one bedroom or studio, for just the two of you I think $5 is fine. The studio's at SSR aren't much bigger than a moderate and even the one bedrooms aren't so big that I think a bigger tip is warranted on a daily basis.

If you are staying on points (your own or someone elses) you won't get daily maid service. In that case, for a one bedroom I generally leave $10 on my last day when I know they will have to clean and turn around the whole unit. For a studio, I still just do $5 since there's no kitchen to clean. For the trash and towel service I generally give around $3 for that. But again, if you are paying cash, you will receive the standard daily maid service you get at the mods.

Enjoy SSR, its a lovely resort!

How much should I leave for a moderate? Do I leave money everyday?

How much should I leave for a moderate? Do I leave money everyday?

I think the standard tip is $1 per person per day. For my family of four I usually leave $5 just because its easier for me! I just make sure I have a $5 for each day of my stay beforehand so I am no scrambling in the morning to leave the tip.

The tipping guidelines from the authority - Emily Post.....

We always tip well - perhaps we make up for those who leave no tips. In any event....we always have very good service.

TRAVEL:

Skycap
$2 first bag, $1 per additional bag

Doorman
$1-$2 for carrying luggage
$1-$2 for hailing cab
$1-$4 beyond the call of duty

Bellhop
$2 first bag, $1 per additional bag

Housekeeper
$2-$5 per day, left daily

Concierge
$5 for tickets or reservations, $10 if hard to get; no need to tip for answering questions

Taxi driver
15% plus an extra $1-$2 if helped with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter