A Last Hurrah Trip! We just didn't know it at the time. (A Pre-COVID Trip Report)

Day One: Hitting some Rides and Drawing

We made it to the World Showcase Entrance around 10:15.
Annual Passholder Line
We didn't need to use the Annual Pass turnstile but we did just because we could and we knew our passes were ending soon. :(

We headed toward the front of the park, as our first fast pass was open.

Farts White Rabbit Art
Of course we took some pictures along the way. First we found an art work for where you meet Alice.

Farts Mermaid Lagoon Photo Op
And then one of the photo ops for Peter Pan!

Soon we were seeing this beautiful sight!
Spaceship Earth
I seriously can't wait to see this again!

We made it to Spaceship Earth and use our fast pass at 10:34, just a few minutes before our window closed.
Space Jesus
I was happy to be riding this again. In my December trip report I told you folks how I thought we had ridden it for the first time in SPANISH!!! But they hadn't closed it down yet, so we def wanted to get a few more rides in.

Cinema Lights
I love this ride so much, as I know most of us here do.

utopia?
I think I didn't take alot of pictures on the ride, I just wanted to enjoy it. But the "future" THAT I took a lot of pics of. Apparently this is Utopia looks like a city? I think that is debatable.

My future
This tech was probably pretty cool at the time but I think it's getting a little old... ha.

I took that photo and looked up to see Morgan and Gwen's Future.. and saw this:

We picked the SAME FUTURE!!!!
Some how Andy and I AND Morgan and Gwen picked all the same answers and we had the SAME future. It was pretty funny.

Skeet Ball in the Future
After the ride, we let the girls play a few of the games in the dump area.They played some sort of Virtual Shuffle Board.

We did need to move on, as our Soarin Fast pass was open.
Jamonators
On the way we saw the Jaminators! We had never really seen them, so we stopped for a minute to watch.

The Land Pavillion
But we moved on and headed into the Land pavilion.

We got in line at 11:19, and asked fore B1.
Soarin b
And it took FOREVER!!!! If you have to wait on the side, it really ads along of time.

I do love Soarin, but I am not sure I will insist on B1 next trip.

After that ride, it was 11:43, so we decided to head toward World Showcase and skip Living with the Land fast pass. There was a 12:30 drawing class that Morgan REALLY wanted to do, so we needed to get moving.

Gwen Butterfly
But pictures on the way of course!

Morgan Butterfly

The sun had some out in full forces and it was getting hot. There was a booth just past the butterfly wings. So, we got some drinks.

Morgan Slushie
Morgan asked for a slushie, possibly Strawberry fanta? And Gwen just wanted a water.

The girls were loosing steam, and the prospect of walking all the way over to the American pavilion. Luckily, there was a boat loading people up to go across the lagoon JUST as we got up to that area.

Boat across the Lagoon
It was def a life saver and got us across fairly quickly.

We grabbed a seat at the animation class. And talked about lunch options while we waited for the class to start.

Art of Animation Stage
They moved the drawing class this year to the pavilion where they do concerts. So, because of this, they only have a few as they switched over to concerts later in the day.

Ready to draw
But it worked out well, Although it would be nice to have a table to draw on instead of your lap.

We were drawing Sorcer Mickey Today!
Gwen drawing

Gwen thinking she is not drawing well Gwen saying that she isn't very good at this.

The professional's drawing
Here its the professional's drawing.

Morgan's Drawing
And here was Morgan's final product.

Ariella's Drawing
And my drawing.

Gwen's Drawing
And Gwen's...

And Then Andy's.. His is the best.
Andy's Drawing

We really enjoy these classes and I think it is why Morgan likes the Festival of Arts the most.

We were in def need to get some food next! Food next!

We were outside of French Quarter at 7:46 waiting for an Uber to pick us up. But we had an issue with the uber being at Riverside and not French Quarter. So, it cancelled our request. And we had to find a new one. I was stressed at this point. I knew we weren't going to make it into the park in time.
Ugh. That must have been so frustrating. Especially when you only got there 2 minutes late. So glad you at least don't have to be in the park now. I have 3 MGM days booked for our trip just so we have a chance of getting it.

And she discovered the Jedi Stich. She had never seen him before. And I had mentioned that there were more stitches around the park.
I've never seen him before either. Adorable!!!

After we purchased our new goods, we headed over to the skyline and headed to EPCOT.
Skyliner
So question for you because its been 2 years since we've been there and apparently everything has changed. Does the skyliner go direct from MGM to Epcot or do you have to go through Caribbean beach to get there? Not sure I'll be up for the ride but i know C and J will want to.

Spaceship Earth
I seriously can't wait to see this again!
Me too!!!! How about we meet there next month :-)

I do love Soarin, but I am not sure I will insist on B1 next trip.
We've ended up in b1 just my happenstance but I don't really mind elsewhere. It's a good ride regardless in my book. Of course we are also impatient and rarely want to wait a minute longer than we have to.

Morgan's Drawing
And here was Morgan's final product.
Impressive!!!!

We really enjoy these classes and I think it is why Morgan likes the Festival of Arts the most.
We've only done it once and it just frustrated the heck out of Casey. But she is drawing much better these days so maybe she'd be down for it again. Of course I can't draw a stick person so if nothing else its good for some laughs at yours truly.

I have 3 MGM days booked for our trip just so we have a chance of getting it.
That is probably a good idea! It doesn't sound like it goes down as much as it did before but you just never know! And Jason will def want to ride it!

Does the skyliner go direct from MGM to Epcot or do you have to go through Caribbean beach to get there?
So, no.. Caribbean Beach is the hub. So, to go from MGM you would take the skyline to Caribbean Beach. You will pass through the Riveria stop but you don't have to get out. Everyone gets off at Caribbean Beach. And then at Caribbean Beach you can switch to go to Hollywood Studios or Art of Animation. The ride from MGM to Caribbean Beach is shorter than the ride from EPCOT to Caribbean Beach.

Morgan wasn't completely on board with riding the Skyline but we made her give it a try. And she is fine with it now. So, you should give it a try.... I do think it is faster than the boat from HS to EPCOT. But you could make a game of it to see who can get there faster!

How about we meet there next month
I wish!!

We've only done it once and it just frustrated the heck out of Casey. But she is drawing much better these days so maybe she'd be down for it again
Oh! We went to the animation class back when it was inside and you had real desks and stuff. And Morgan cried because her 6 year old self couldn't draw as well as the professional... I did hear that the morning classes are easier and they get progressively harder. (Which we found out later in this trip when we did the drawing at Animal Kingdom) So, maybe go early if you do?

How nice it was to sneak in a trip when things were still normal even though you didn't know it yet!
We really were SOOO lucky!

Love your reports! Now I want beignets. And breakfast from Woody's lunchbox. and food from the Festival booths. And to draw Mickey :D Really, I just want to live your vacation, apparently :D Glad you got one in pre-Covid!!
Ha! Come along for the virtual trip! Glad you are here!!!!

Ok, I'm all caught up finally! Looks like a fun time at the animation class. Bummer on not getting Rise of the Resistance, but I'm with you, I think now that they are letting people get them from anywhere if they have a parks pass for that day it keeps things from getting so crazy early. At least I hope so for us this summer!

That sounds like a lovely morning in Epcot. The drawing class looksv really fun!
We really enjoy it. And I am pretty sure Morgan would sit and do every single one if we left her.

Bummer on not getting Rise of the Resistance, but I'm with you, I think now that they are letting people get them from anywhere if they have a parks pass for that day it keeps things from getting so crazy early. At least I hope so for us this summer!
Fingers Crossed for you guys!!! I was watching All Ears yesterday and they were talking about how HS is just the hot place to be and to get there early, which you guys are good at anyway.

That's cool that they moved the Animation classes to the concert pavilion! I love the drawing classes, I really missed them at DHS!
I do miss it being inside, you know with air conditioning. But this is easier to not have to worry about spots.

This will be a short update, just trying to squeeze one in before I start working... Otherwise known as avoiding work!

Day One: Lunch

After we finished up the drawing class we were all HANGRY! So, I suggested we try Katsura Grill for lunch, as it was basically right behind us.

Katsura Grill

We headed over and went inside and was greeted by a long line... Well, maybe not a huge line but the building is VERY small and the line was wrapping around the tables inside.
It was about 1:00, so probably not the best time to be getting counter service food... But at this point it was what it was.

The line did NOT move fast either. And it was slightly akward standing in a line with people eating food right next to you. It looks like we got out food around 1:22 to get our food, so a full 20 minutes.

While we waited for our food, I made a collage of our artworks.
Our drawings

Gwen's Ramen
Gwen went with the Tonkotsu Ramen served with Pork and Vegetables
I am pretty sure that is what this is. It was perfect for her. She really enjoyed it. I will say it was VERY similar to the 50 cent ramen packets you make at home. But for her, it was exactly what she likes.

Morgan's Undon
Morgan is slightly more adventous and ordered the Shrimp Tempura Udon
Morgan really enjoyed hers as well. And these were prefect for both of them.

Andy and Ariella's Food
Andy and I split two of the Sushi's, the Tokyo Sushi Combo - 4 pcs. California Roll & 3 pcs. Nigiri & Spicy Roll
The sushi was fine. It was very much like Grocery Store Sushi. Nothing amazing but it wasn’t terrible. I won't be clammoring for it but it hit the spot and the noodle dishes were perfect for the girls.

I also got an unsweetened Green Tea
Green Tea
It was fine... since it was unsweetened, it didn't have a ton of taste. But I wanted something non-alcholic and I didn't want soda with sushi.

After we ate, we used the bathrooms outside. (which I didn't know existed till now) I think Andy was debating on changing out of his pants but decided not to.

Katsura Grill Garden
The garden outside is beautiful!

IMG_0623
I snapped a picture of the girls on the bridge. Which would have been cute but very shadowy.

And we headed across the way to do some shopping.
IMG_7068

The girls were dying to go into the Japan Store. I believe Morgan picked a a few nano-block sets. And Gwen made this purchase.
Gwen and her new Kitty Plush
She was in love with this plush! This was the first of WAY TOO MANY PLUSH on this trip!!! She went over board on this trip. I think at one point we didn't realize how many she had gotten until it was too late.
So, this was Plush #1.

After shopping was completed, I grabbed a drink from the Farts booth in Japan.
Saki Drink from Farts booth with Cotton Candy
I believe this was the Saki-tini drink you got that had cotton candy on top. The cotton candy melted almost immediatly!

With purchases made and drink in hand, we headed out to do some exploring!

up next.... well... exploring... ;)

What an awesome start to the day. I love your drawings! You all did a great job. Gwen's face made me laugh as she was drawing; she looked so like Andy in that pic!

You so have me craving some ramen or sushi for dinner tonight. Of course that won't be a hard sell in my house :D

As usual Casey and Gwen are so cut from the same cloth. Casey eats 25 cent Ramen for lunch a few times a week. And the plushies. Oh how do I loathe thee. I swear they are like gremlins and just multiple every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter