A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Finally caught up this morning!! I've been away from the Dis for too long - I think since before our trip in November. The holidays were busy (though a lot quieter this year) and work has been overwhelming. But so glad to be back and hearing more about your Christmas trip!

Welcome back! The last part of the year is always busy.

I haven't been to Columbia Harbor House for a while - miss the Lighthouse sandwich - have to check if that's still on the menu.

I really miss it. It's still closed but they are serving part of the menu at Tomorrowland Terrace when it's open.

And oh, the blue sky in your pictures :lovestruc - it's been very gray here for the last few weeks and I'm longing for some Florida sunshine!

There is nothing prettier than the blue sky over Disney. Looks like you'll be seeing it soon.

Your Thanksgiving table looks amazing -

Thank you!

this was my first year ever making Thanksgiving dinner, and it was just for the five of us, but it turned out pretty well. My stuffing needs work though.

I'm sure everything was delicious.

So exciting that you're planning another trip in May :cool1: there's nothing like springtime at Disney.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I currently have a trip planned for early February, but am not sure if I'll keep it

Lucky you! We looked at February but since they have basically cancelled Mardi Gras I won't have any time off and neither will Danielle.

the room rates were unbelievable at that time, so I booked just three nights at the Yacht Club - never stayed there and think we'd love the ease of walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Also, just saw the menus for the Festival of the Arts, and they look amazing!

Yacht Club would be perfect for Festival of the Arts. I hope you go.

I'm so sorry you got rained out on your Christmas party night!! Looks like you had a great time for the first part at least.

It was a bummer getting rained out. I'm thankful for the fun we did have.

John Paul is so cute in his Christmas jammies

Yes he is! He has grown so much. He put them on at Christmas time and they were way too small.

Looks like they really stepped up the snacks - my oldest and I went several years ago (I think 12 years ago?!?!? he was 11 at the time, and he's now 23 so I guess so - oh my gosh where has the time gone :faint:) Anyway, at that time you got sugar cookies and hot cocoa at every stop!

I'm so happy the snacks have improved. Variety is the spice of life.

Can't wait to hear more - and Happy New Year!

We have so much more to share.

Happy New Year to y'all too!

Pretty and so festive!

Thank you!

Awww, love this shot! And his jammies!

He was really cute.

How cute is that thing?!

And yummy too. I've read where some thought they were too stale, but ours was good. I would really like one right now.

LOL!! Ok, yeah that's funny!

It still makes me snicker.

Awww, shoot. But at least they compensated nicely!

I was surprised since they are always saying it's non refundable.

This is starting to sound complicated and messy. :(

Both.

Vanessa, I've been off the Boards for the most part for ever so long. I miss everyone and the fun interactions here. I'll try to stay caught up a bit better, but it's good to be back reading again and seeing everyone's sweet faces. Hope you are well, and Happy New Year!

Liesa I'm so glad you're back on, we've missed you. I also see you have a trip coming up. I'm jelly.

Finally all caught up again. I haven’t been in these boards in a wee while. Happy New Year to you all! We say Happy Christmas Eve Eve but only because my brother-in-law started it with the kids years ago and it stuck 😊. I felt less Christmassy in the run up to Christmas than usual but I think that’s because I was stuck at home shielding from the world. We had a quiet morning with only the 13 year old but then lockdown was paused here so families could spend a few hours together for the day and it was so magical having all my kids and son-in-law and wee grandson here under the one roof. Truly made everyone appreciate the important things in life! First time I’d hugged any of them since 16th March and given that they are here most days normally, it’s been tough.
love that you’ve a trip planned. Sorry the party was rained off. Looking forward to hearing more 😊

Last edited:

And yummy too. I've read where some thought they were too stale, but ours was good. I would really like one right now.

I've had stale cookies at Disney before- you lucked out!
I was surprised since they are always saying it's non refundable.

Me too! They even say that inclement weather won't guarantee a refund. I'm sad to see parties for go for the foreseeable future. :(

Finally all caught up again. I haven’t been in these boards in a wee while. Happy New Year to you all!

Happy New Year! I've missed you on the boards, glad you're back. How are you doing?

We say Happy Christmas Eve Eve but only because my brother-in-law started it with the kids years ago and it stuck 😊.

Glad someone else does it too.

I felt less Christmassy in the run up to Christmas than usual but I think that’s because I was stuck at home shielding from the world. We had a quiet morning with only the 13 year old but then lockdown was paused here so families could spend a few hours together for the day and it was so magical having all my kids and son-in-law and wee grandson here under the one roof. Truly made everyone appreciate the important things in life! First time I’d hugged any of them since 16th March and given that they are here most days normally, it’s been tough.

I'm so happy your Christmas ended on such a great note. Family hugs are the best!

love that you’ve a trip planned.

Me too! I hope things improve so you can plan a trip this year.

Sorry the party was rained off. Looking forward to hearing more 😊

Bummer on the party, but we made the best of it.

I've had stale cookies at Disney before- you lucked out!

I don't remember any of the cookies being bad.

Me too! They even say that inclement weather won't guarantee a refund. I'm sad to see parties for go for the foreseeable future. :(

I guess they plan for the worse (no refunds or comps) so they look like champs when they offer them. I have a feeling it will be awhile before we see them again.

Happy New Year! I've missed you on the boards, glad you're back. How are you doing?
I'm doing great. Thanks for asking :goodvibes
I'm so happy your Christmas ended on such a great note. Family hugs are the best!
It felt so good to be able to hug them all and to actually sit and have a bit of craic together inside the house. My wee grandson kept us all amused with his chatter and dinosaur impressions and he remembered where Goey (this is what he calls me-no idea were it came from) and Granda keep the treats!:rotfl:
Me too! I hope things improve so you can plan a trip this year.
We had hoped for this year but it's increasingly looking like it will be 2022 at the very earliest due to travel restrictions and how long it will be before everyone is vaccinated but I still browse for bargain trips on a weekly basis, dreaming of a future trip. :)

I'm doing great. Thanks for asking :goodvibes

I'm happy to hear this! :hug:

It felt so good to be able to hug them all and to actually sit and have a bit of craic together inside the house. My wee grandson kept us all amused with his chatter and dinosaur impressions and he remembered where Goey (this is what he calls me-no idea were it came from) and Granda keep the treats!:rotfl:

I have to ask, what is a craic? I'm guessing it's a visit? Sounds like your grandson likes to entertain just like JP. I do like your grand name, it original.

We had hoped for this year but it's increasingly looking like it will be 2022 at the very earliest due to travel restrictions and how long it will be before everyone is vaccinated but I still browse for bargain trips on a weekly basis, dreaming of a future trip. :)

I would be looking for future trips too. Maybe by Christmas time things will be better. Did you get your shot yet?

I imagine you are right. So sad. :(

It's looking more like 2022.

Wednesday, December 18th Animal Kingdom - The Best Day Ever!

Today is a new day. The rain last night brought changes to our plans and a major temperature change. We had a much earlier night then we had originally planned so now we could hit AK for rope drop. We also had to make a major change to our clothing with the cool weather brought in. We went from shorts to pants, jackets and hats. Today was not a pretty cold either. The dampness from the rain stayed and left lots of moisture in the air, the kind of moisture that my hair DOES NOT like. It grew to 3 times it's normal size by the end of the day. Thank goodness for my animal print Minnie Ears.

I'm going to give a brief (maybe not so brief) synopsis of our plans for the day.
Park hours are 9-8. We planned to have breakfast in the park for Dennis, Danielle & I , while Michelle & JP had an ADR for Tusker House @ 10:40. Lunch & diner would be in the park too at a CS. Originally we had reservations for the HEA Garden Viewing party for after the fireworks but cancelled so we could get up early in hopes of a boarding pass for ROTR on Thursday.

Fast Passes
FOP for Dennis & Danielle 10:55-11:55
FOP for Vanessa & Michelle 12:30-1:30
Lion King for all 1:30-1:45 for the 2:00 show
Kilimanjaro Safaris 2:30-3:30 for all

We also wanted to do some favorites like Dinosaur & Everest and play around in Dinoland. We knew John Paul would have a blast there.

Our goal was to make it for rope drop so we were all up early. John Paul was a much happier toddler now than his Mom was helping with his shower.
This was taken while we were in line waiting for the bus. Everyone looks happy but Grumpy.
It was a little crowded on the bus but John Paul was happy to stand and hold the bar with Grumpy.

We were walking in by 8:43 and headed back to Pandora.

We passed this on our way.

We headed straight to Navi since we already had FPs for FOP. This was the first ride JP ever rode and we had taken a selfie to remember it by in 2018 so it only made sense to take another one. Sorry it's so blurry but it was really dark in there. This was taken before 9 am.

After Navi we hoofed back to the other side of the park but stopped at the Lion King Waterfall.

And a quick picture in front of the Tree.

More to come.

After Navi we hoofed back to the other side of the park but stopped at the Lion King Waterfall.
So cute. He looks so happy to be in Disney with his moma

It was a little crowded on the bus but John Paul was happy to stand and hold the bar with Grumpy.
Why do kids love to stand on the bus?!?! But I guess at least he was happy to stand.

We went from shorts to pants, jackets and hats.
So... how cold was it?
Today was not a pretty cold either. The dampness from the rain stayed and left lots of moisture in the air, the kind of moisture that my hair DOES NOT like. It grew to 3 times it's normal size by the end of the day.
I wish my hair did that!
John Paul was a much happier toddler now than his Mom was helping with his shower.
Cute shot. You should all pose like that!

:rolleyes1
Everyone looks happy but Grumpy.
Well, that's fitting. :laughing:
Really like this group shot. :)
Kinda digging Michelle's outfit and hair.

I have to ask, what is a craic?
Craic (pronounced crack) is basically fun. Something/someone can be good craic, no craic (boring) or mighty craic (the best kind :rotfl: ). It is also used to ask people "what's the craic?" or "have you any craic?" meaning "have you any news/what's happening in your life at the moment?". Our wee grandsons are great craic :love:
Did you get your shot yet?
Haven't got my shot yet but hoping to soon. The powers that be say people like me should have theirs by mid-February and all adults here should be vaccinated by July. We shall see if they keep to that but fingers crossed. Have you guys had your shots yet?

Craic (pronounced crack) is basically fun. Something/someone can be good craic, no craic (boring) or mighty craic (the best kind :rotfl: ). It is also used to ask people "what's the craic?" or "have you any craic?" meaning "have you any news/what's happening in your life at the moment?". Our wee grandsons are great craic :love:

Love this! Thanks for the education. Does this word come from another word that is Celtic or Gaelic?

Haven't got my shot yet but hoping to soon. The powers that be say people like me should have theirs by mid-February and all adults here should be vaccinated by July. We shall see if they keep to that but fingers crossed. Have you guys had your shots yet?

Fingers crossed you get the shot next month. None of us have gotten it yet. I do speak to more and more people every day that have gotten at least 1 dose. I think they are shooting for June or so for it to be available for all adults.

Great story, and a lovely family! Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Looking forward to more stories from you!

Love this! Thanks for the education. Does this word come from another word that is Celtic or Gaelic?
Think craic is of Celtic origin but it's in common everyday use here even though we are speaking English (or our version of English just like you have an American version) :thumbsup2
Fingers crossed you get the shot next month. None of us have gotten it yet. I do speak to more and more people every day that have gotten at least 1 dose. I think they are shooting for June or so for it to be available for all adults.
The world will seem safer when we are all sorted. We are pretty much on the same time-scale here :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter