• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

More precious animals cause they like to get up close and personal.

We made it to Starbucks where everyone got a pick me up. Dennis had Hot Chocolate and a breakfast sandwich, I had a tea and breakfast sandwich, Danielle had a Strawberry drink with a sandwich, Michelle had a coffee drink and John Paul discovered his new favorite sucker (cake pop). Check out what Dennis put on his cup.

We all enjoyed our pick me up.

Especially John Paul!

It was now time to split up. Michelle and John Paul went to have their breakfast at Tusker House and we headed back to Pandora so Dennis and Danielle could ride FOP with their Fastpasses.

While I waited for them to finish I looked around Pandora and took some more pictures of the Christmas decorations, general area and a puzzle I wanted. I didn't get the puzzle on this trip but did get in when we went this past October.

Continued . . . .

I also took a Photo Pass picture all by myself.

Michelle was Disney bounding Pocahontas but I was doing a different character. Can you guess who? It's not an easy one so I'll just tell you. It was Jane from Tarzan in this outfit.

After Dennis and Danielle were done we headed to Africa to meet up with Michelle and John Paul.

And that is all I have for now. It's now Michelle's turn to tell us about her Tusker House meal with John Paul.

How's everyone's week going? I'm so happy it's Friday.
It's your Friday, but right now is my Tuesday mid-morning. :rolleyes:
On the home front Dennis is working on changing the floor in our bedroom and repainting, so our furniture is in the dining room and we're staying in the spare bedroom.
Big job!
"fuzzy Disney math"
The best math of all. ::yes::
when I checked flights the other night they were only $73 each way plus taxes and fees! I paid right under $438 for all of us.
Wow! Not bad!
Will it offset the cost of the flights and airport parking? No, but time has a price tag too.
I think a lot of people forget that. But time does have a price.
a meal at TREX (Dennis' choice).
May I ask why he chose it?

I have always loved getting pictures of the kids with the characters but Dennis hates it. I have been know to purposely send him off with other kids just so we could character hunt.
A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.
It broke my heart when Danielle decided she was too old for characters and would rather ride rides with Dad.
Awww... :hug:
I love Chip and Dale and they are so cute in their dino costumes. They also played around with John Paul and made it fun.
:laughing: good!
As we went further down the trail we found Daisy. She was very taken with Michelle's outfit. She took pictures with all of us but insisted on a picture with just Michelle.
Daisy has taste. ::yes::
John Paul was not impressed with Daisy.
:laughing: Not interested in a girl... this will probably change. :rolleyes1
I watched many of episodes of Duck Tales with Brent when he was little so I'm a big fan.
And I have never seen one.
Michelle was fangirling.
:laughing:
Along the way we ran into the puppet animals for the first time. They were soooo neat and had such personality. We only stopped for a bit but really enjoyed it.
I wonder if they're still doing that? I mean, I guess not that close, but... at all? On a cavalcade maybe? :confused3
Believe me... you do not want to get that close to a polar bear. This is the voice of experience talking.
Check out what Dennis put on his cup.
:thumbsup2
Dennis and Danielle could ride FOP with their Fastpasses.

While I waited for them to finish
Hmmm... I don't recall... you didn't go because... motion sickness?
I also took a Photo Pass picture all by myself.
"It's my TR and I'll take my own dang photos!"

::yes::
Michelle was Disney bounding Pocahontas but I was doing a different character. Can you guess who? It's not an easy one so I'll just tell you. It was Jane from Tarzan in this outfit.
I never would've guessed that!

Wow I love all your photos and updates and happy weekend to you too! Your photopass photo is gorgeous and Michelle’s fangirl photo made me laugh out loud. She has such a great personality and it shines through even on photos. I can only imagine how awesome it must be being married to Skywalker :rotfl: Brilliant news on the new trip and low airfare cost. Something to look forward to for sure. JP did really well with the characters. I’m like you, I loved getting photos of the kids with characters and then child number 3 came along and he would not get within 6 feet of a character😱😭. He had promised to take a photo with Mickey when we go again with our grandson so I’m still hopeful I’ll have 1 character photo of him eventually!
The same boy turns 14 today so we’re having a teeny tiny party just the 3 of us as everyone here is still on lockdown so no family visits or friends allowed 😞. We will zoom with his big brother and sister and her crew while he opens presents and blows out his candles but yeah it’s a whole lot different than last year! Still we are all well and that’s what’s important. We are planning a mega celebration for all the missed birthday parties and family gettogethers that didn’t happen since covid hit-hopefully for this July 🤞

Last edited:
Yay for another update! Though Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, Animal Kingdom is a close second. I think it has the best theming overall and I just love wandering around that park. My youngest just had to do a biography for English and he chose Joe Rohde! I was very sad to hear he retired... I'm now at one week to go to my February Yacht Club trip! It's going to be a whirlwind, 3 day trip, but now with park hopping back we'll be able to hit all four parks, which means I get at least one morning at Animal Kingdom :lovestruc

You guys really got a lot done before breakfast! I can't remember the last time I got my kids to do a character meet, other than character dining. It's so nice for you to have a little one to enjoy again at Disney. Can't wait to hear about Tusker House breakfast!

It's your Friday, but right now is my Tuesday mid-morning. :rolleyes:

Did you make it to Friday yet?

Yes it is. He's repainting the room and fixing some issues with the ceiling too.

The best math of all. ::yes::

Oh yes!

Wow! Not bad!

I thought it was good too. I checked again last night and the departure flight has gone up $14. So glad I booked when I did.

I think a lot of people forget that. But time does have a price.

I think the older we get the more we realize this.

May I ask why he chose it?

He's a creature of habit. We went for the first time in 2010 and just loved the atmosphere. I guess he's a kid at heart and like most little boys loves dinosaurs.

Daisy has taste. ::yes::

I agree.

:laughing: Not interested in a girl... this will probably change. :rolleyes1

I'm sure it will. I guess she's just not cool enough yet.

And I have never seen one.

It was the late 80s and early 90s. You missed out, really cute show.

I wonder if they're still doing that? I mean, I guess not that close, but... at all? On a cavalcade maybe? :confused3

I don't know if they did it this year or not.

Believe me... you do not want to get that close to a polar bear. This is the voice of experience talking.

Please elaborate.

Hmmm... I don't recall... you didn't go because... motion sickness?

Separate FP for Michelle and I.

"It's my TR and I'll take my own dang photos!"

::yes::

So maybe I didn't take the photo but I did have it taken.

I never would've guessed that!

Not an obvious character.

Did you make it to Friday yet?
That's today. My Friday 5pm came around at 6:30 this morning.
I may be feeling.... really lousy right now.
Yes it is. He's repainting the room and fixing some issues with the ceiling too.
Impressive. :)
I thought it was good too. I checked again last night and the departure flight has gone up $14. So glad I booked when I did.
I think the older we get the more we realize this.
Hmmm... you may be right. I think we realize the value of our own worth more?
He's a creature of habit. We went for the first time in 2010 and just loved the atmosphere. I guess he's a kid at heart and like most little boys loves dinosaurs.
Acceptable reason. :)
I'm sure it will. I guess she's just not cool enough yet.
:rolleyes:
Please elaborate.
I lived for 4 years in the Polar Bear capital of the world. (Google that. You'll see.)
Separate FP for Michelle and I.
Ah!
So maybe I didn't take the photo but I did have it taken.
Counts. ::yes::

Wow I love all your photos and updates and happy weekend to you too! Your photopass photo is gorgeous and Michelle’s fangirl photo made me laugh out loud. She has such a great personality and it shines through even on photos.

Thank you! Yes, Michelle has personality to spare.

I can only imagine how awesome it must be being married to Skywalker :rotfl:

There is a back story. Dennis had a resemblance to Mark Hamill as Skywalker when he was much younger. My oldest Brent saw some pictures of him and was sure that his Dad was Luke Skywalker but just in hiding. It's a big family joke. Wait until you see the shirt he work on our DHS day.

Brilliant news on the new trip and low airfare cost. Something to look forward to for sure.

Don't we all need something to look forward to right now.

JP did really well with the characters. I’m like you, I loved getting photos of the kids with characters and then child number 3 came along and he would not get within 6 feet of a character😱😭. He had promised to take a photo with Mickey when we go again with our grandson so I’m still hopeful I’ll have 1 character photo of him eventually!

Boys are like that. The only character I was ever able to get Brent to take a picture with was Ben Franklin. When we went in 1999 for the kids first trip we found him walking around in Liberty Square. I look forward to seeing the promised Mickey picture with your son and grandson.

The same boy turns 14 today so we’re having a teeny tiny party just the 3 of us as everyone here is still on lockdown so no family visits or friends allowed 😞. We will zoom with his big brother and sister and her crew while he opens presents and blows out his candles but yeah it’s a whole lot different than last year! Still we are all well and that’s what’s important. We are planning a mega celebration for all the missed birthday parties and family gettogethers that didn’t happen since covid hit-hopefully for this July 🤞

I did see it was his Birthday. Doesn't it happen way too fast. I hope you're able to all get together to celebrate soon.

Yay for another update! Though Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, Animal Kingdom is a close second. I think it has the best theming overall and I just love wandering around that park.

Magic Kingdom is my favorite too but yes AK does have the best theming.

My youngest just had to do a biography for English and he chose Joe Rohde! I was very sad to hear he retired...

I love Joe Rohde. I'm going to miss his contributions to Disney. It seems like so many are retiring right now.

. I'm now at one week to go to my February Yacht Club trip! It's going to be a whirlwind, 3 day trip, but now with park hopping back we'll be able to hit all four parks, which means I get at least one morning at Animal Kingdom :lovestruc

Congrats on your trip. It will be short but should be fun.

You guys really got a lot done before breakfast! I

We really did.

I can't remember the last time I got my kids to do a character meet, other than character dining. It's so nice for you to have a little one to enjoy again at Disney. Can't wait to hear about Tusker House breakfast!

Before JP came along it was just Character meals for us too.

That's today. My Friday 5pm came around at 6:30 this morning.
I may be feeling.... really lousy right now.

Oh nooooo. Are you getting sick?

Hmmm... you may be right. I think we realize the value of our own worth more?

I would agree with that.

I lived for 4 years in the Polar Bear capital of the world. (Google that. You'll see.)

I did! Must have been really cold there. So did you get up close and personal with a polar bear?

Oh nooooo. Are you getting sick?
No. Just midnight shifts are getting harder and harder and harder as I get older. Now it takes me 2-3 days to recover from it.
I did! Must have been really cold there. So did you get up close and personal with a polar bear?
Yes and yes.

I remember walking over to a friend's place and the temperature was around -30F, but with the wind, it felt more like -75F.
But the summers did have hot days where the temp got up to 85. Just... the summers are very brief.

As for the bears, while being safe inside a tundra buggy or car... I guess I got a couple feet away. Walking, probably no closer than 60 feet. That I know of.

Michelle was fangirling.
to be clear, i was super excited for Jimmy when he would see this and that John Paul went up to him, himself!!! It was early, and he loves the characters, but shys up when he gets close. That was a fangirl-momma moment.
Just love the way you and Dad are both looking at this moment.
and John Paul discovered his new favorite sucker (cake pop)
He calls them "sucker balls" HAHAHHA.
It was Jane from Tarzan in this outfit.
And you did SO GOOD!!!
We are planning a mega celebration for all the missed birthday parties and family gettogethers that didn’t happen since covid hit-hopefully for this July 🤞
I love this idea. Fingers crossed we're getting to a better place, as a world, and celebrations will have a whole new meaning!

Okay... so my turn...

First off, here's some random pictures we got through that morning.
Seriously, we did SO much this morning. It's like it got cold and everyone stayed inside. Because as we walked around, it's like opportunities just kinda came up. I've complained so many times about how I hate being married to times, especially across the park, and especially with little ones. So the fact that we just all woke up on the right side of the bed and the day was just on our side... that's was a plus. Now, I don't like waiting for characters, either. But we literally got off the ride, and were just walking and one would walk out. Then as we finished that one, the next one walked out and walked to his spot. COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED BETTER. And a great way to get JP's feet wet with the characters. He loves them, always has.

(proof... that time I had to peel him off of Winnie the Pooh....)

But he gets shy at his age and wanted Mom's hand. One of the lask characters we saw was Launchpad. And he actually grabbed JP's hand and walked him over to the photo area. (Thus my mommy-fangirl moment).

Also... when we saw Chip and Dale... it brought up fond memories. Totally related, but unrelated. I'll just leave this here...

John Paul, Halloween 2018

With chip and dale Christmas 2019

Story Time continued in next post...

Tusker House Breakfast, just Mom and John Paul time.

I got a pic of us waiting just to send to Jimmy at about 10:46. So we were getting hungry, for sure. But we didn't wait but a hot minute! Naturally, they mispronounced my french last name. John Paul's like THAT NOT US! Yes, baby, get used to it. HAHA.

So it's just me and my precious, overstimulated, hungry toddler going to breakfast. He's allergic to eggs, so that's kind of out for us and he's a picky eater ((why we try to always choose buffets). But mickey waffles and fruit! That's all JP! We got seated at a two-top near the back of a room. Probably for the best. My pictures aren't great because of the lighting. We sat, got our pog, and I ordered more coffee. At home, I give John Paul his milk in a coffee cup when I don't have a clean sippy nearby. So I went ahead and ordered his milk in a coffee cup, and we cheers'ed our "milk coffees"
I think this was the trip we discovered he really likes bacon, too!

I wanna say I remember he ate pretty well here, and we didn't see many characters from this room. Which was good. kept him focused on eating. This was, of course, after his meltdown about having to eat in the first place...
Imagine, me, alone with my toddler, in the middle of the buffet at Tusker House. Toddler sprawled on the floor (ew), kicking and screaming. Me, holding two plates of food, so no photos, and not even a free hand to BEAT HIS BEHIND. I ended up leaving him there, dropping the food at the table, then collecting him, possibly beating his behind, hugging on him, and then we shared milk coffee. It's all about balance, right?! HAHA.

We actually must've timed it just right (again with that morning magic on this day!) because they were transitioning to lunch (although the breakfast is the one with characters, yay!). So I was able to snag him so mini corn dogs and a few other things before the characters even came!

Then it was time to get ready for characters...

He was so excited, but he gets shy. And if I was taking pictues, I couldn't really hold his hand.
So first was Daisy... unamused.

Then Goofy. This time, the CM took pics for me which was really wonderful. JP enjoyed it more, I love being a part of it. It was just awesome.

Then... the big guy was coming.

A little video... JP spots Mickey across the room

NOW THAT IS A HAPPY BOY!

This day he really got into the autographs. And he would always hand them the book and then sit with his hands on his hips or in his pockets. I don't know why that cracked me up.

Last one was Donald. He was brave, by now. Sorry for all the videos, but I just love it!

Getting Donald's autograph

So that was a LOT of fun! I enjoyed having just us, two. But he ate good and had a lot of excitement... because this was him as soon as we met up with my parents after brunch.

Okay... so my turn...
Well, it's about time, girlie! Sheesh.

(Of course I'm kidding.)
:hug:
Seriously, we did SO much this morning. It's like it got cold and everyone stayed inside.
Perfect. ::yes::
I've complained so many times about how I hate being married to times,
If you don't marry time, you'd have microseconds out of wedlock.
But we literally got off the ride, and were just walking and one would walk out. Then as we finished that one, the next one walked out and walked to his spot. COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED BETTER.
Perfect timing! :)
(proof... that time I had to peel him off of Winnie the Pooh....)
Awww... :)
And he actually grabbed JP's hand and walked him over to the photo area. (Thus my mommy-fangirl moment).
mommy-fangirl worthy. ::yes::
Also... when we saw Chip and Dale... it brought up fond memories. Totally related, but unrelated. I'll just leave this here...

:goodvibes
Naturally, they mispronounced my french last name.
I'm so curious now to know what it is! Maybe if we meet some day, you could write it out and I'll see if I can get it right. Betting I can, but... then again, maybe not.
got our pog
mmmm... pog.
we cheers'ed our "milk coffees"
Kinda lovin' this shot. :)
I think this was the trip we discovered he really likes bacon, too!
Atta boy! JP becomes a man!
Me, holding two plates of food, so no photos, and not even a free hand to BEAT HIS BEHIND.
:laughing: Oh dear!
because they were transitioning to lunch (although the breakfast is the one with characters, yay!). So I was able to snag him so mini corn dogs and a few other things before the characters even came!
So first was Daisy... unamused.
:laughing: He looks less than thrilled.
Classic mom move "You better eat some food or he's not gonna come."

:rotfl:
And he would always hand them the book and then sit with his hands on his hips or in his pockets. I don't know why that cracked me up.
:laughing: That is pretty funny. He's so serious!
But he ate good and had a lot of excitement... because this was him as soon as we met up with my parents after brunch.
Annnndddd.... he's out!

Well, it's about time, girlie! Sheesh.
I know, I'm terrible at keeping up LOL. I'm in survival mode.
I'm so curious now to know what it is! Maybe if we meet some day, you could write it out and I'll see if I can get it right. Betting I can, but... then again, maybe not.
It's pretty easy, in my opinion. but even people down here mispronounce it. Of course, down here, it's kind of expected to just mispronounce most names, anyway.
mmmm... pog.
I went to a bachelorette trip for Katelyn (my Disney bestie) and she has other current and former CMs on the trip. So we had pog-mimosas. AMAZING way to start the day.
Kinda lovin' this shot. :)
ME TOO!!!
Classic mom move "You better eat some food or he's not gonna come."
This made me laugh so hard! SO TRUE.

I know, I'm terrible at keeping up LOL. I'm in survival mode.
I think everyone is in survival mode.
It's pretty easy, in my opinion. but even people down here mispronounce it. Of course, down here, it's kind of expected to just mispronounce most names, anyway.
Really? Why is that?
I went to a bachelorette trip for Katelyn (my Disney bestie) and she has other current and former CMs on the trip. So we had pog-mimosas. AMAZING way to start the day.
I remember her. :)
That sounds like an awesome way to start a day. :)
This made me laugh so hard! SO TRUE.
:laughing:

No. Just midnight shifts are getting harder and harder and harder as I get older. Now it takes me 2-3 days to recover from it.

Everything is getting harder and harder as I get older.

I remember walking over to a friend's place and the temperature was around -30F, but with the wind, it felt more like -75F.
But the summers did have hot days where the temp got up to 85. Just... the summers are very brief.

Yikes!

As for the bears, while being safe inside a tundra buggy or car... I guess I got a couple feet away. Walking, probably no closer than 60 feet. That I know of.

and Yikes again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter