A few weird things we saw people do on our trip

Because it's not illegal. Public urination is.

But she didn't quote the part about public urination, she was talking about the fact that she was fined in paris for soaking her feet in a fountain...no excuses were made about her being foreign...so why do we make excuses for foreigners???????

I grew up surrounded by animals, kids, and dirt, which blessed me with a healthy functioning immune system. (Being around animals and dirt between 0-12 months old prevents a multitude of immunity/allergy problems!) My kids don't have the luxury of being raised on a farm - so I made sure they picked up every germ possible in day care. :rotfl:

Oh, I wish it was that easy. My parents had a dog. We didn't have a/c, so, the windows were open. As an infant, I was taken to the park, the zoo, the beach and even DL. Still had/have horrible allergies. One of my two sons does as well. He didn't come home to a clean room environment either.

Oh, I wish it was that easy. My parents had a dog. We didn't have a/c, so, the windows were open. As an infant, I was taken to the park, the zoo, the beach and even DL. Still had/have horrible allergies. One of my two sons does as well. He didn't come home to a clean room environment either.

Even with horrible allergies, let's hope some of the immunity kicked in! I bet it would be really hard to ride Space Mountian in a bubble! :lmao:

But she didn't quote the part about public urination, she was talking about the fact that she was fined in paris for soaking her feet in a fountain...no excuses were made about her being foreign...so why do we make excuses for foreigners???????

I'm French. No excuse was made for me being foreign because I wasn't. Just another stupid local kid.

Not sure if this could be considered weird exactly, but anyway:

Last time we were in Epcot (Oct. 2006-and yes I'm in WDW withdrawl), we were walking into The Land building and had to slow down for a very large Grand Gathering which was trying to take a group pic right outside. The grandfather in the group was a very large man using an ECV. One of the mothers in the group told all the little girls to get around grandpa's chair, so they all gathered round. They couldn't get everyone in the shot so they asked gramps to move a bit to one side. So he guns it over to his left and we see his little granddaughter with this look of shock on her face - he had ran over her foot and the wheel was still resting on it. We didn't see what happened after that as we went inside, but I've thought of her many times since then, and hope everything was ok. :worried:

This happened to me back in Dec. 07 while walking back to my room at the GF. Well as I was walking past the main pool heading back to my room with some snacks and drinks I happened to look over towards the pool, and low and behold I saw this older lady stripping a young boy probably about 6-8 years old down butt naked. I mean his little wanker and everything was out RIGHT NEXT TO THE POOL FOR EVERBODY TO SEE. Oh and I might add the pool was full of young kids who were watching this little boy walking around butt naked around the pool. I was like :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

If you had said a teenager I would have said it was my son. He spent the whole day in HS last September sat outside rides reading a book, whilst the rest of the family rode the rides. He had just bought a Star Wars book in the Star Tours gift shop and couldn't wait to read it. He is not a big ride fan at all, and must preferred to wait outside quite happily reading his book. He must have looked strange to lots of people too.:rotfl2:

He also once feel asleep whilst waiting on a bench in Universal Studios, he didn't want to ride Twister and waited on a bench outside and when we came out he was asleep! Lol

LOL I can't remember if he was a teenager. I only remember how odd it was to see someone who looked as if they were studying on a bus to EPCOT..I think I'm too paranoid to fall asleep in public probably afraid someone will draw a mustach on my face!:goodvibes

LOL I can't remember if he was a teenager. I only remember how odd it was to see someone who looked as if they were studying on a bus to EPCOT..I think I'm too paranoid to fall asleep in public probably afraid someone will draw a mustach on my face!:goodvibes

Or stick your hand in a bowl of warm water:rotfl2:

This happened to me back in Dec. 07 while walking back to my room at the GF. Well as I was walking past the main pool heading back to my room with some snacks and drinks I happened to look over towards the pool, and low and behold I saw this older lady stripping a young boy probably about 6-8 years old down butt naked. I mean his little wanker and everything was out RIGHT NEXT TO THE POOL FOR EVERBODY TO SEE. Oh and I might add the pool was full of young kids who were watching this little boy walking around butt naked around the pool. I was like :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

People amaze me. Last weekend, nearly the same thing happened in the Disney Store I manage (I wasn't working that day, but another manager related the story to me later). A woman stripped her daughter totally naked to try on some clothes -- and the store was packed like Christmastime (our store is in liquidation so we're experiencing heavier than normal crowds). How old was the girl? About TWELVE. :eek: It's always something...

People amaze me. Last weekend, nearly the same thing happened in the Disney Store I manage (I wasn't working that day, but another manager related the story to me later). A woman stripped her daughter totally naked to try on some clothes -- and the store was packed like Christmastime (our store is in liquidation so we're experiencing heavier than normal crowds). How old was the girl? About TWELVE. :eek: It's always something...

:scared1: What the heck are people thinking?!?!?!?

Are you saying a 12 yr old girl totally naked, no underwear on naked, or naked but for underwear? :eek: Either way, what was the mom thinking? And, you'd think that girl would be totally humiliated, I mean she's 12 for goodness sakes! What young girl wants to be stripped naked like that in front of strangers in a store? :headache: My niece, 13 1/2 now, would never ever be caught dead like that. I can't even imagine a young girl just standing there letting the mom do that at all, plus they are usually pretty private by then. :confused3

I had to comment on this not because of the appalling behavior of the little girl but because I would FAINT dead away if I looked down and saw a frog near me. I am TERRIFIED of frogs (for no rational reason) and it never dawned on me that I might run into the little buggers at WDW. I'll now have to be constantly vigilent so y'all won't come back here and post something about some crazing lady :faint: when she saw a frog. :eek:

I feel your pain! I too am absolutely terrified of frogs. If anyone was a the BWV's about 3 weeks ago and heard a horrific scream at about 5 am that was me. A frog had made its way to our THIRD floor balcony! :rotfl2:
(check out my tag! ) And no, the frog on my balcony was not "the frog that can not be named" here on the dis! ;)

The Brits, they're just Jealous. :) (Reference the UK show Blessed, Episode 8 for you Brits at home).

Hang on, you get WDW, we get The West Midland Safari Park, you get Clearwater and Daytona beaches, we get Blackpool and Rhyl, you get US/ IOA, we get Alton Towers (on a good day you can maybe get in 4 of the main rides without a 2 hour wait). Damn right we're jealous.

The worst thing we find is the number of people who smoke all over Typhoon Lagoon, not just in Castaway Quay ( the designated smoking area). We also find peeps smoking in the streets in the parks and cupping the cig in a hidden hand. Sadly these peeps are either brits or eastern europeans.

I hate second hand smoke :(

As a smoker I feel that I've got to respond to this. Yes there are folk that think they have a God given right to smoke where and when they like, but I'm sure you'll find that the majority of smokers respect the non-smokers rights as well. The first time we came after the smoking areas were introduced we did not know about them until a CM told us when we were waiting for the ferry to MK. We apologised and put out our cigarettes straight away and only smoked in the SAs for the rest of our time in WDW.

I've read most (not all) of this thread and I think what it comes down to is a general lack of manners by some people spoiling the magic for others. It's up to us to demonstrate good manners and a certain amount of tolerance and set an example that the children of these idiots can try to emulate. The previous comment does not include line jumpers, I have stood by in the past and allowed it to happen, no more. I don't care if someone doesn't speak English, 'the bird' is 'the bird' in any language.

Are you saying a 12 yr old girl totally naked, no underwear on naked, or naked but for underwear? :eek: Either way, what was the mom thinking? And, you'd think that girl would be totally humiliated, I mean she's 12 for goodness sakes! What young girl wants to be stripped naked like that in front of strangers in a store? :headache: My niece, 13 1/2 now, would never ever be caught dead like that. I can't even imagine a young girl just standing there letting the mom do that at all, plus they are usually pretty private by then. :confused3

The way it was told to me, she was naked as a jaybird, and while the manager didn't ASK how old she was, he said she appeared to be about 12. Security was called, and the woman was asked to leave.

That's not the first time I've had a parent strip their kids in my store, you know. A couple of Halloweens ago, I had a mom strip both kids (granted, they were very young, but still) totally naked, removed diapers and everything, to try on Halloween costumes. Believe me when I say, I immediately informed her that any costume or piece of clothing that touched one of their naked butts was absolutely going home with her. And to think that in that location, we had huuuuuuuuge windows facing out to the mall. Anyone could have seen her children with nothing on. In this day in age, with the sickos and psychos that seem to be everywhere, WHY would you do that? :headache: I understand that a child molester is likely going to get jolly just seeing a kid that meets his criteria, even fully dressed, but to parade a naked kid around just seems like really asking for trouble.

While waiting in line for pictures with the characters, I've seen/heard plenty of adults wondering out loud if the CMs are feeling hot inside their costumes, as well as other such queries, and I only hope that the kids in line didn't hear anything.

Ugh, I know what you mean! Think before you speak people! Thanks for killing the magic for all the kids around you!:furious: .

I remember there was a commercial for Wal-Mart running around the first of the year where customers told their experience and one lady said something to the effect of "We got all our kids' presents from Santa from Wal-Mart." :scared1: I was mortified and hoped my DD hadn't heard what she'd said...luckily she didn't. What was Wal-Mart thinking!?!? I was tempted to send them a letter stating that my kids' presents from Santa would not be bought there because thanks to their mindless marketing department she now knew he didn't exist!:rolleyes1

Generally speaking...it always shocks me at how many you encounter in the fountains or near the pool either in their underwear only or being stripped for all to see. :confused3 They make bathing suits in every size for kids--there is no reason that your kid should be there in just their underwear or being stripped/changed on the spot!:mad: Especially if you kid is 3, 4, 5 or older! You are in public for Pete's sake!

The way it was told to me, she was naked as a jaybird, and while the manager didn't ASK how old she was, he said she appeared to be about 12. Security was called, and the woman was asked to leave.

That's not the first time I've had a parent strip their kids in my store, you know. A couple of Halloweens ago, I had a mom strip both kids (granted, they were very young, but still) totally naked, removed diapers and everything, to try on Halloween costumes. Believe me when I say, I immediately informed her that any costume or piece of clothing that touched one of their naked butts was absolutely going home with her. And to think that in that location, we had huuuuuuuuge windows facing out to the mall. Anyone could have seen her children with nothing on. In this day in age, with the sickos and psychos that seem to be everywhere, WHY would you do that? :headache: I understand that a child molester is likely going to get jolly just seeing a kid that meets his criteria, even fully dressed, but to parade a naked kid around just seems like really asking for trouble.

I know we are a little off topic, but I have to jump in this one. I have worked retail for more years than I care to remember. It happens every year around back-to-school time. If the fitting rooms are full parents will just start stripping their kids down wherever they find a spot. It makes me crazy! And if you say something to them about please waiting for a fitting room, they look at you like you are the pervert! Some people just have no sense of modesty, or give no thought to what the heck they are doing!

Back to the original topic. I have to say that after joining these boards and seeing all the posts about strange behavior I have been on the look out when I go to the parks. And yet I can think of nothing to add. Maybe I have just been really lucky, but I have yet to see people relieving themselves in public, or tossing their cookies, or soaking their feet. Knock on wood!:cutie:

When my son went to play in Donald's boat - he went with his father. (age 3) I came up with our other son later to see my little one running through the water IN HIS UNDERWEAR! His dad had stripped his clothes after he got soaking wet.

Soooo embarrassing!

My son was a bit of a nudist then, so he loved it.

I can't remember seeing anything weird on our trip in April but I have to say this.

I was quite disgusted this time with the trash that people would put anywhere. In the other times I have been to WDW I noticed how clean the parks were. This last time though was dispappointing. I can't understand how people just throw garbage anywhere. IT ESPECIALLY URKED ME TO SEE GARBAGE THROWN IN AREAS OF RIDES :mad: . I noticed so many times bottles and other garbage lying around in the rides or in areas of the lines.
A couple of examples:
Splash Mountain - somone threw a plastic water bottle and it landed at the feet of one of the animatronic characters.
Pirates - In line not only was there graffiti written on some of the stone work in the line someone also threw a popcorn box down into the area where the two skeleton pirates were playing checkers/chess. :furious:

Littering anywhere is a pet peeve of mine. Okay, I finally got that out of my system. Sorry for my rant.

JD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter