A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes.... stories & pictures from shopping & laughing

I for one, am glad you took a hiatus from the DIS. I wouldn't have found your TR otherwise. Great pics (my DH is an avid amateur photographer and loves your shots-they have given him ideas for our next trip)

Thanks for sharing!

I was super duper excited to see that you posted on my PTR and then that you had updated over here! I also feel less guilty- I thought I had forgotten to keep up with your fantastic report, but it turns out I'm right on top of it still :rotfl:

Your Sawyer looks a wee bit like my Pennydog! So trust me when I say he's a VERY cute dog!

Loved reading your glowing review of Typhoon Lagoon. I think it's a pretty special place, and always enjoy seeing it get some love from others.

So glad you're back- can't wait to read more!

Jessica, great report so far. Sawyer is beautiful. You are a great photographer, getting lots of ideas from you pictures for our next trip. Thanks. Can't wait for more to come...:cool1:

Loving this trip report :) You are actually an amazing photographer and thanks to you I have tons of ideas of pictures to take while I'm there in the summer. Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2 x

Hopping on along with this TR!!! Got hooked with the title..."A dream is a wish my visa makes" -Priceless!

Thank You and Im SO psyched to have you reading along :) I find myself pretty hilarious.... and the pictures arent bad if you want to just scroll and look at them! I do assure you though "priceless" isnt a word my vacations (or my visa) know. EVERYTHING has a price :lmao:

Really enjoying your TR so far...clever title and cute pics! Sounds like your family is such a fun group! :goodvibes LOVE all your princess-inspired decorating too -- now I want to go out and find some notebooks/nick nacks with Disney princess quotes on them! And that fluffy pink wreath is fabulous. princess:

Thankyou! Fluffy Pink Wreath was a find on Etsy! Definitely something fun for a girly room. If nothing else- Ive got the high-maintenance chick thing figured out ;) Hope you had good luck finding notebooks, etc. Did you get any great treasures?!

Hey Jessica!

I"m here and so happy you're back! I was missing from DIS for a bit too, but slowly but surely getting back into my TR.

As usual, love your pics, too cute! :cutie: Looking forward to hearing more!

Hope you're surviving all this snow we've had...I don't know about you but I'm so over Winter here in Plymouth! LOL!

Stay warm!!!

The snow is NOT the highlight of my life right now. DH had to go back out and shovel AGAIN this morning before work. UUuugh. Im feeling some planning coming on, but I might have to get a little melodramatic about the cold weather first! Plymouth is going to change its name to Popsiclemouth.

Sub-bing!! I love all the great pictures and the title is perfect!

:)

Thanks! SO glad to have you!:dance3: Jump right in!

Hi!
So glad you are 'back' and continuing to write up your trip :goodvibes

Your puppy is adorable!!

Emma princess: x

:love: Sawyer says thank you. He lost his first puppy tooth this morning. It was more of an 'adventure' than I anticipated. Your wedding plans are looking amazing, Emma. The attention to detail is so obvious in everything you're doing- its making me jealous. I still cannot WAIT to see the pictures! Any updates on your trip from December cooked up yet??

I for one, am glad you took a hiatus from the DIS. I wouldn't have found your TR otherwise. Great pics (my DH is an avid amateur photographer and loves your shots-they have given him ideas for our next trip)

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much! Im VERY very lucky to do something I love so much. Its easy to bring my camera along after wedding season and have an eye for details and the like. Im actually in the process of replacing my camera for this coming season- so expect BETTER pics from my next trip. If people seem interested, ill post some highlight pictures from my life and work too. Just dont want to be overwhelming! Maybe ill come up with a few ideas today... hhhmmmm

I was super duper excited to see that you posted on my PTR and then that you had updated over here! I also feel less guilty- I thought I had forgotten to keep up with your fantastic report, but it turns out I'm right on top of it still :rotfl:

Your Sawyer looks a wee bit like my Pennydog! So trust me when I say he's a VERY cute dog!

Loved reading your glowing review of Typhoon Lagoon. I think it's a pretty special place, and always enjoy seeing it get some love from others.

So glad you're back- can't wait to read more!

HA! Glad youre still on top of it. I had some catching up with everyone else to do myself, but Ive been more of a DISDeadbeat than I care to admit. But life slowed down and the snow made me bitter- so I climbed back in!
Pennydoooooggg!! :goodvibes Sent you a hilarious link to some dog-laughter. My DH could not breathe when he read it last night. Really funny stuff. I am SO living vicariously through your PTR for this coming May. I cant wait to hear about DVC experiences.

And for the record: Typhoon Lagoon is a 5 star. FANTASTIC experience. Very clean and great staff - and I laughed all day. Spent the entire time there without ever feeling bored or like Id seen it all already.

Jessica, great report so far. Sawyer is beautiful. You are a great photographer, getting lots of ideas from you pictures for our next trip. Thanks. Can't wait for more to come...:cool1:

Thank you!! Im always very flattered and bashful :blush: when people say such nice things about my photos. I have LOTS more coming too... so stay tuned for more ideas and shots! Glad to have you, keep posting!!

Loving this trip report :) You are actually an amazing photographer and thanks to you I have tons of ideas of pictures to take while I'm there in the summer. Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2 x

I cant say Thank you enough, it truly means a lot to me. (That, and everyone thinks im crazy lugging around a pro cam and lenses... so im glad its worth it in the end!!) Otherwise Id be a crazy person with ONE shoulder looking like a football player from all the gear, and having junk for shots to show for it :laughing:

Im glad youre here!

~Okay, Im off to the studio today for awhile- hoping NOT to get snowed in. Ive got more fun pictures Ill upload tonight from Epcot, and some from a Disney Dinner Party my mom put together with me. We used my Cricut and had some really amazing decorations that I want to show you. I made mickey ears out of paper and everything! :wizard: Cant wait for you to see....

So glad to see you back :goodvibes What an adorable addition to the family!!!

I love Ohana as well, always a great meal!! Your captions for the signs are hilarious...I get the no smoking and the no food...but seriously what is that last one :lmao:

Joining in! Your pictures are great and you crack me up! Your new pup is adorable! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Joining in popcorn::

Your photo's are beaaauttiful! and you have lots of cool ideas for unusual photo's...the one of your mum and dad holding hands! :cutie:

I've got such an O'hana fixation at the moment so glad to hear you enjoyed there, and your morning Wilderness lodge photo's are great, although it took me a little minute to wotk out that was your family, my first thought was DBF would love to jog like that couple are doing, then I saw the girl was wearing flip flops and obvs not jogging and then realised ok nope she's not taking photo's of randomers, thats actually the breakfast fetchers!

So glad to see you back :goodvibes What an adorable addition to the family!!!

I love Ohana as well, always a great meal!! Your captions for the signs are hilarious...I get the no smoking and the no food...but seriously what is that last one :lmao:

Thanks! I cant take the credit for finding them or thinking of all of them... Eric had a big part in that. I was the obnoxious one gafaw-ing (sp?) on a bus at 8am. Glad to be back :lovestruc

Joining in! Your pictures are great and you crack me up! Your new pup is adorable! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Im glad someone thinks im hilarious :rotfl2: Im usually the type that starts cracking up at myself before I even get the whole joke out of my mouth! I suppose typing helps! Theres more fun and plenty of pictures - psyched to have you along! xo

Joining in popcorn::

Your photo's are beaaauttiful! and you have lots of cool ideas for unusual photo's...the one of your mum and dad holding hands! :cutie:

I've got such an O'hana fixation at the moment so glad to hear you enjoyed there, and your morning Wilderness lodge photo's are great, although it took me a little minute to wotk out that was your family, my first thought was DBF would love to jog like that couple are doing, then I saw the girl was wearing flip flops and obvs not jogging and then realised ok nope she's not taking photo's of randomers, thats actually the breakfast fetchers!

:hug: Thanks! Such nice things to say... anyone can steal any ideas, theyre pretty basic. Just a twist on some wedding snaps and details ive learned doing what I do. Id be glad to explain anything, too - should you need it. Photopass does a great job, dont get me wrong, but I think they do it so long day in and day out - its nice to have a little variety, and catch some details rather than the cursory "hands out in front of the castle!" and "Smiling self-paparazzi shot"

However... come to think of it.... how HISTERICAL would it be to do a self paparazzi/myspace face pic with princesses? Best facebook pic ever. Add it to the list!

Also: Breakfast Fetchers? I laughed out loud. Im officially stealing that word. Thanks- and SO glad to have you! xo

Morning! :yay:

Just a fun life-update. My parents are heading over to Orlando in March with a couple they've known for years. (Thats correct, as in, WITHOUT ME. The tragedy... the horror)

Im actually very excited for them, and the couple they're going with has never been before. So, to christen their new-ness to all things Dis, my mother did what any enthusiast would do- throw a fantastic dinner party to start planning their vacation. I broke out my Cricut and got to work. We decided on making faux Mickey Ears out of paper, complete with names "embroidered" on the back. Then put together a little travel package for things they may need. Inside the takeout boxes were hand sanitizer, chapstick, tissues, luggage tags, park maps, etc. I think they came out pretty fantastic - and wanted to share with you!

Their side of the table:
table.jpg

Gift Box Closeupppp:
table_close.jpg

Front of Mickey Ears placecard:
hat.jpg

Back of Mickey Ears placecard: (instead of stitching, I just wrote the letters on in paint pen in dashes like stitches from the machine)
back.jpg

Fun! And so easy.

Also, many of us here in New England have been lamenting over the 'Snowmageddon' or 'Snowpocalypse' thats happening here this year. Im sick of it myself, but not exactly crying that its the end of days. Either way, we took the dog for a walk this weekend and I wanted to show you how big the snowbanks were at the front of our house. (dont judge me, theyre low-res)

SawyerBoy:
snowdog.jpg

SQUIRREL!!!! :rotfl2:
snowdog2.jpg

Kris & Sawyer: King of the Frozen Mountain
KrisDog.jpg

Thats all for now - unless I get sucked into another post today.... going away for awhile has be back, and back with a vengeance! Thank you, as always- for reading and sharing a part of my crazy life! XO

The dinner party decor is too great! :wizard: How fun for your parents! I constantly talk myself out of buying a Cricut... I keep telling myself the day we movie into a house where I can have a home office/craft room- I shall get my Cricut! Sigh. I currently work from home but do not have a home office. :surfweb:

Your snow is crazy!! It is chilly this morning in Orlando, but no snow! :thumbsup2

Great TR!

I love the gift boxes that you made! :lovestruc

You are a fantabulous photographer! :worship: What kind of camera do you use?

Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

The dinner party decor is too great! :wizard: How fun for your parents! I constantly talk myself out of buying a Cricut... I keep telling myself the day we movie into a house where I can have a home office/craft room- I shall get my Cricut! Sigh. I currently work from home but do not have a home office. :surfweb:

Your snow is crazy!! It is chilly this morning in Orlando, but no snow! :thumbsup2

Dont ask me about the Cricut- because I will definitley talk you INTO one instead ;) I think DH got mine for a GREAT deal during a black friday sale online. Maybe by the end of this year you'll have talked yourself into it!! :)

Great TR!

I love the gift boxes that you made! :lovestruc

You are a fantabulous photographer! :worship: What kind of camera do you use?

Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

Thank you!! Such nice things to say- The gift boxes were a breeze, and im already planning ideas for kids birthday parties. (No, im not even pregnant yet!) But it becomes addicting.

I love photography, and always hope it shows in my images, so that 'fantabulous' really means a lot to me :hug: I shoot a Canon 1Ds Mark iii. Most of the lenses I use for images on this blog are a Canon 28-70mm, a 70-200mm, and a 100mm Macro. And dont get me wrong, there are definitley days I just roll over and whip out my point and shoot too!!! Woof :rotfl:

Those giftboxes are adorable, what a cute idea!!

Thanks Doll!

Love the party decorations!

Sawyer looks confused (but adorably so) on the snow :rotfl:

Sawyer is confused with LIFE right now- wondering what all these Yankees are doing up north. (sidenote: I HATE the Yankees)

Hello there!!

I haven't read anything yet, but wanted you to know I am here to follow along!!!!

Chat later:woohoo:

So glad to have you- Im flattered!!

Joining in and loving it so far!! Your pictures are amazing!!

Sawyer is so cute! Who is Sydney? A kitty? lol

Sydney is My disney Cat! Check out my PTR for a funny story about her name :) Thanks for reading --xo

Thank you!! Such nice things to say- The gift boxes were a breeze, and im already planning ideas for kids birthday parties. (No, im not even pregnant yet!) But it becomes addicting.

I love photography, and always hope it shows in my images, so that 'fantabulous' really means a lot to me :hug: I shoot a Canon 1Ds Mark iii. Most of the lenses I use for images on this blog are a Canon 28-70mm, a 70-200mm, and a 100mm Macro. And dont get me wrong, there are definitley days I just roll over and whip out my point and shoot too!!! Woof :rotfl:

I want to get an SLR but I don't know if I want to lug it around with me everywhere. I borrow a friend of mines (he has a Nikon) all the time and I love the pictures it takes. I guess I will stick with a plain ol' point and shoot until my DS is older and I can ditch the diaper bag. :laughing:

Good Morning, and Happy end of February Vacation Week. As cantankerous as this sounds, we can again resume going out to dinner and entering a shopping area without fear of the 9,647,463,022 children dominating the space during school vacation. I actually almost blasted off to Mars this week in line for Starbucks. A gaggle of Neon sweatshirts, rhinestone ipods, sunglasses inside & all were 4 girls ahead of me in line, texting and complaining about Venti Frappuccinos with Whip. OMIGOD. ITS 7AM, PLEASE. WALK. AWAY.- I NEED COFFEE BEFORE I DIE RIGHT HERE IN LINE AND NEVER MAKE IT TO THE STUDIO, YOUR CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES CAN*NOT BE THIS IMPORTANT.

Again I beg.... dont judge me :rolleyes1

Okay- so we ventured past the Food & Wine displays on our way to the World Showcase when we last caught up. Now, as any of you in attendance for F&W Fest know, there is alcohol aplenty. Almost as if each country feels like if they cant send you away full & satisfied - buzzed and giggling will do. Which brings me to the theme of Epcot Day: Beer O'Clock.

beer.jpg

Okay- thats a gross exaggeration... however, there were many in attendance that day who took FULL advantage of the Beer Cornucopia. Eric, Dad and Kris tried several different kinds - while Mom & I waited for the Grey Goose Slush. It was SO hot on this day, so it was no shock when all the drink stands were crowded. We break left towards Mexico (never ones to follow traffic patterns) and we were off. Once inside, Eric had read about a Tequila seminar being offered inside the Mexico Pavilion. Wanting to learn more, he decided to hang back and see what it was like - and offered to meet back up with us in a bit. This would be a defining moment in my brothers drinking career. Remember him staying behind ;)

Mexico.jpg

Norway? Today, it was more like Snoreway... so lets pin shop!

Pins.jpg

We had passed through Norway and almost through China when my cellphone rang. Eric was done and would meet me outside Germany. So as I waited out front for him, Dad and Kris grabbed another beer while Alsagirl romped around the town square area.

Now: Enter scene Eric. Giggling and looking to make sure Mom & Dad were nowhere near us for the following convo. I *WISH* I could remember everything, but here is the dialogue as near as I can get it:

E: Jess.... JessJess.... I was the only one.
Me: What?
E: I was the ONLY ONE to show up for the Seminar. There were 4 real Mexican dudes, and I was the ONLY one there - so they closed the door to the bar.
Me: Omigod.
E: They were all like "Hey Essay- you want to know how to make my madre's Tequila mang?" and they told me all the different ways and who does what and why its so strong and the worm was added by us and not by them they would never taint tequila and they gathered around and wanted to make it fun for me so i wouldnt leave and they were all like "Pour the Tequila mang, he's gonna leave if we dont let him try eeet" and then they had me try all.....
Me: Wait wait wait wait
E: Jess I didnt want to disrespectful the heritage (now hes starting to lose the cohesive speech) and they poured it as gifting to me *giggling
Me: Omigod. Do you need a pretzel?
E: It was supposed to be just a bit - but I was the only one, so I got full shots. A whole Ski full.
Me: Wait. The flight over Mexico?
E: No Jess, THEFLIGHTOVER TIIIJJJUAAAANNNAAAAA AAAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Me: Wait. Youre confused
E: 6 Shots and a DOSEQUIIIIIS. I was the only one there, they wanted to show me a fiesta. I was the ONLY one who even showed up.
Me: Of course.
E: Giggling. I got this. Best Epcot day ever.

That all being said- I give Eric a world of credit. Aside from a few extra giggles he was never that gross stumbling idiot. He had a pretzel with me in Germany, another beer, and we were off to Via Napoli for lunch. He left with a little bit of a buzz - and one of the best stories ever from Epcot. Him and his four Amigos in the Tequila bar. In Disney World.

Lets hit Italy for lunch, shall we?

Italy.jpg

Italsagirl:
Italsagirl.jpg

epcot.jpg

To start Lunch, Eric had the beer, Mom had the Lemon Drop, and I had the fresh Bellini:
Drinks.jpg

Lunch was so amazing, I forgot to take pictures of the giant ovens. Lame, I know. However- coming from my Italian Heritage- the Arancini is NOT to be missed. I almost asked for some to go.

Across the water from Italy:
epcot.jpg

Perfect timing to head to the American Adventure. Our most favorite display of all, the Fife and Drum. Its a family favorite, and we all stand around very reverently and appreciate the show, as well as the respectful remembrance announced at the end. I snapped these in an effort to try and capture the emotion. I hope you enjoy them:

Americana.jpg

Pose1.jpg

Pose2.jpg

pose4.jpg

pose3.jpg

Pretty fantastic. Lucky to live in the Land of the Free.

statehouse.jpg

What time is it? New Beer:Thirty

beer.jpg

We rounded out our Epcot day with a trip inside Japan for Alsagirls Pick a Pearl. She ended up (I believe) with a pinkish 7mm that fit perfectly in her carriage necklace. You'll see the pic in the next post I believe. By now I was making a bee-line for the grey goose slushie stand. It was hot, TOO hot, and I had this heavy black camera up to my face all day. I finally took a moment to drink my own slush... and poured a good lot of it down my tshirt. Awesome. Im done now. So we headed back to the Wilderness for a nap in the AC, maybe a quick swim... and a break from the walking.

To get you excited for whats to come (and mostly because I just love my detail shots more than anything...) I wanted to share two more pics. This first one is of the little Belle dresses hanging in the Grand Floridian. I went over there and captured some of the princessy details there with my camera- as well as did a little shopping. Thats coming soon:

belle-1.jpg

And the story of Mom & the most perfect Disney earrings! It was quite a mission, and somehow we flew home with several pairs!

earrings.jpg

Happy Saturday!

A Kris-less post? Never.

beeroclock.jpg

More fun TShirts and my goofy Husband - coming up soon :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter