A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes.... stories & pictures from shopping & laughing

Hi Jessica, I'm here & I love your TR :love:
Your pictures are awesome & I love the one of your DH laughing!
Now, I feel sort of intimidated posting my crappy pictures :laughing:.

Your office looks beautiful, great job! :flower3:

There are no rules on red and green... and stepping into my new home office, im thinking of re-writing the laws of XMas Decor in my little corner of girl-dom at our house. Im thinking... no... *dreaming* of a
536397dgj9ef6ron.gif
PINK
536397dgj9ef6ron.gif
Christmas!

Below are a few ideas and inspirations... Tell me what you think and add your own! Id LOVE to have them ;) Im starting to think of ways to incorporate mickey heads and disney into tasteful holiday decor. Has anyone done this or working on it for this year?

Anyways...I think this is the picture I came across that started the fuchsia freight train
PinkWreath009.jpg

Followed quickly by me finding this little beauty for purchase: Hellooooo office door
il_570xN189602805.jpg

Looking for Aurora's Approval:
3111120009_e3540f80da.jpg

il_fullxfull193140030.jpg

pink-christmas-walls.jpg

And having nothing to do with the holiday, but looking altogether cunning and sweet...
il_570xN193125690.jpg

This pic also hooked me in with its bubble gum colors... I even found a how-to guide online to make them myself. (And by myself I mean with mom and Allie of course....)
pink_christmas_ornaments_by_amyr.png

I also found this little beauty at Target today, and added a little extra pixie dust of my own ;) Yes, its blurry and low-res... dont judge me. :rotfl:
P1070127.jpg

I know I have to get to writing my update for Monday, our first full day and MK day - but I was overwhelmed by stress these last few days (Hectic weekend, Kris is having a recurring headache that we're getting checked out at a Dr. tomorrow AND hes leaving for a few days Wednesday, on top of which the first floor of our house smells like paint and my car is at the dealership for two days.... bah! :confused3 ) so I needed a bit of a 'think happy thoughts' breather. That being said, I wanted to share a few teaser pics from MK just for fun & to keep you interested of course! Im off to climb into bed with my cat, and this guy who came home with us
IMG_8517.jpg

Then, while Alsagirl was cracking up, I caught a little picture of myself just for fun in the reflection of her sunglasses
IMG_8589.jpg

Sometimes - Eric and Kris like to pretend they're pirates. (mostly when I throw hats at them and force them to look tough. Kris's response is apparently "Pirate Elvis" but ill take what I can get...)
IMG_8662.jpg

Note the sweet Boston TShirt! lol

And finally - I hope you all find rest tonight and dream sweet dreams of Main Street.... sans my brothers tall shaved head in the bottom left corner. -- you know... of your dreams ;)
IMG_8643.jpg

Fun updates Jessica!

Love the pictures of the WL so far and can't wait to see more. My DH and I really wanted to check out the lodge after one of our MK days, but the boys were not interested in heading over. It looks amazing!

Great Boston shirt- it's wicked pissah!

About MGM-DHS. A cast member seriously reprimanded a friend a couple of years ago about calling it MGM "It's Hollywood Studios now!" Well, I think as recently as this year, something I received from Disney still called it MGM- some kind of map or something. I wish I could remember what it was. But I thought- they must have a drawer full of these things to use up.

Congrats on Kris' new job. Sounds like a great change.

LOVE the pictures!! I need you to come be my personal photographer for everything please :rotfl: Cannot wait to read more

I have to admit I am not much of a girly girl when it comes to the color pink...but some of those Christmas decorations were beautiful and I LOVE the wreath/door hanging :goodvibes

I was thinking of what Id like for Christmas this year... and Im considering asking for a Cricut machine. Does anyone have one or use one? Id love to hear some feedback on which machine and cartridges are best and your thoughts...

No pressure!... I might head over to DISigns and find out what the girls say over there :goodvibes Thanks for any input!

cricut_logo.gif

I was thinking of what Id like for Christmas this year... and Im considering asking for a Cricut machine. Does anyone have one or use one? Id love to hear some feedback on which machine and cartridges are best and your thoughts...

No pressure!... I might head over to DISigns and find out what the girls say over there :goodvibes Thanks for any input!

cricut_logo.gif

I have a Cricut Expression and I love it! I use it almost everyday for scrapbooking, decorations and my son has used it for school projects.

Love this trip report and the beautiful photographs!

I have a Cricut Expression and I love it! I use it almost everyday for scrapbooking, decorations and my son has used it for school projects.

I agree! I love love LOVE my cricut expression.

Hi Jessica, I'm here & I love your TR :love:
Your pictures are awesome & I love the one of your DH laughing!
Now, I feel sort of intimidated posting my crappy pictures :laughing:.

Your office looks beautiful, great job! :flower3:

Thanks so much! Im flattered you like my photos so much, it means a lot to me. Sometimes I just snap away, but others I work hard to frame the shot - so its nice to hear the compliments on the work ;) PLEASE dont be shy about posting pics, I love the silly ones in your TR right now - I can always spot Levi with his fluffy hat! :goodvibes Besides, some of the best loved (and genuine) shots are caught when no one knows theres a camera...

Fun updates Jessica!

Love the pictures of the WL so far and can't wait to see more. My DH and I really wanted to check out the lodge after one of our MK days, but the boys were not interested in heading over. It looks amazing!

Great Boston shirt- it's wicked pissah!

About MGM-DHS. A cast member seriously reprimanded a friend a couple of years ago about calling it MGM "It's Hollywood Studios now!" Well, I think as recently as this year, something I received from Disney still called it MGM- some kind of map or something. I wish I could remember what it was. But I thought- they must have a drawer full of these things to use up.

Congrats on Kris' new job. Sounds like a great change.

You my friend are whats called, an enabler... and I LOVE it. Ill forever call it MGM and even if I get the stink eye from CMs - Ill know im not the only one, and theres no need to feel embarrassed. If you ever get the chance, get over to the WL even if just for a meal. They have a dining room thats practically right inside the lobby where you can sit and eat and enjoy the huge grandeur of the lobby and music. Im sure my family and I will be traveling here for years - so maybe our paths will cross inside someday!

LOVE the pictures!! I need you to come be my personal photographer for everything please :rotfl: Cannot wait to read more

I have to admit I am not much of a girly girl when it comes to the color pink...but some of those Christmas decorations were beautiful and I LOVE the wreath/door hanging :goodvibes

Thanks doll! Ill take pictures for you anytime! Ive left my logo watermark off of the images, so print them out and take credit for them to your friends!! HA :rotfl: glad you love them, im humbled.

Decorated the office for Christmas, and mom brought over a giant bubble gum pink surprise... youre probably gonna hate it - but check it out when I post it!! lol I'll think of you :)

I love the tinker dress ornament &
I love PINK for Christmas!

<3 TY! I found it at the target. They had Cinderellas dress, Belles dress & Tinkerbell.... this was the coolest one, and came with her glittery wings!! (Strange I guess, its not like she takes those off...)

I have always wanted one...but really don't have the time to use it. We bought MIL one for Mothers Day because she was using one in her crafting group to make cards, etc...she loves hers...

We got her the Cricut Personal

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat3262&PRODID=xprd810738

Joanns has them on sale right now.

Thanks - Ive been cruising Amazon and getting lost. There are also lots of black Friday deals I might try and get online? Not sure im up for wrestling my way into Wal*Mart at 3am....

Where on earth did you find those beautiful office supplies?

Thank you! If its any help: The bouquets sign is from HomeGoods. Cinderella "believing" sign is from Hallmark's Disney Gifts collection, glitter hearts & vase are Kate Spade, Disney Princess book is from (where else?) World of Disney, INStyle weddings was a gift when I started shooting weddings, but you can amazon that bad larry..... lets see what else is there? Flowerpot is Mackenzie Childs, Hand Lotions are all Lollia (you can find them in anthropologie) Rhinestone frames are from the boutique my mother works at (PM me if you want the info to buy them) Pink Pens ive collected along the way ;) and the pink container they're in is actually a flower pot I found in Boston (super cheap!)

Thats probably TMI - but I hate seeing something and falling in love with it, only to be told I cant have it or find it! There are more office pics coming... so let me know if you want more info!

Thank you for your kind words! Glad youre enjoying them - I hope they bring a little Disney magic to all of us addicts sitting at home counting days!

The Cricut Expression is actually the one I was looking at... WalMart has a great black friday deal on it. Where do you usually buy your cartridges? Ill probably pick you brain for craft ideas once I get one :) Thanks!!

I agree! I love love LOVE my cricut expression.

WooHoo!! Thats a good testament. Okay, wishlist it is. Thanks Kris! :lovestruc Going to have to start carving out a name for myself on DISign board I guess....

Okay- posting Monday pics and some office updates before I finish too much coffee... stay tuned.

Okay - back to the TR. I took a million pictures, so Im trying to pick my favorites and finding it very difficult... so youre stuck with too many rather than too few. Besides, if the stories are boring or you are one of those lurkers who just power-scrolls through text to get to pics - youre in the right place :)

There. Is. NOTHING. Like waking up in Disney. Knowing that youre about to start your day by strolling into the land of magic and happiness, balloons and rice krispies, laughing and princesses. The best days have to start with the best breakfasts... so bright and early I woke up and crept out of bed (I had attempted to 'accidentally' wake DH with my impatient tossing and loud sighing... C'maaaaan, youve done it too!) then slipped over to the room Mom, Dad & Allie were staying in. Mom was on the balcony, so I grabbed two quick shots of the sunrise on WL when Al & Dad popped out of the door with breakfast across from the pool....
IMG_8511copy.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

Here comes breakfast...
IMG_8515.jpg

Stop! Stop right there! Look at me! ...
IMG_8516.jpg

So, after a little frosted flakes and coffee - mom pulls out a box. SURPRISE :banana: Halloween Decorations for the rooms! The box is FULL of window clings, paper decorations, light up Mickey pumpkin and ghost, glowstick bracelets, temporary tattoos, and CANDY! Trick or Treat - yes I WILL have some of those M&Ms while I spookify our door! Heres the slider and the paper lantern hanging outside. You could see it from the pool!!

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

Mickey lit up and kept our towel animals company on top of the TV
IMG_8519.jpg

Luggage rack is now a candy rack! Like an offering to the cavity Gods...
IMG_8525.jpg

The Door to their room (Home Depot anyone??)
IMG_8526.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

Okay, enough of this - lets go to Magic Kingdom!!

IMG_8636.jpg

wait till you SEE how cool a few pics I took in here came out. Ill upload them after this, I think my photobucket is on overdrive..
IMG_8639.jpg

Caught this pic of my Dad, one of my favorites :)
dad_edit.jpg

Eric on the other hand didnt give me that look over the shoulder, so I took a snap of his Boston Tee
IMG_8645.jpg

IMG_8651.jpg

Parentals ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo
IMG_8687.jpg

So after this it was like time to put the camera down and have some fun :) We did a straight shot of Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (I lose EVERY time.) Philharmagic, and ItsASmallWorld - which, in all its kinda creepy glory was a nice break from the heat.

We headed over to Pinocchio's Village Haus for lunch, and managed to find a table outside that would seat all 6 of us - a small miracle in and of itself really... however I will say the Dining Plan is the way to go. Im beyond pleased with how it turned out, and anxious to hear about the changes theyre making in 2011...

Anyway, grabbed a quick action shot of Big Thunder while we were in line to ride. Im sorry if youre actually in this one, but its a cool shot!!

IMG_8708.jpg

.... Lots more coming. Ive got those confectionery shots to show you, more Halloween - stories of being soaked on Splash Mountain, and bullying the boys into Pirate Hats. Pink Christmas too!!

I think you should just keep count of how many times I tell you I love your photos!! That one of your dad in the black and white with the castle is really great :goodvibes

It might just be me on Buzz...but my fingers feelings like they are going to fall off by the end and I hardly get any points :rotfl:

We really loved the dining plan too...I am trying to convince dbf to return next year for another trip, but we cant decide between Halloween time (possibly free dining again!) or early December :confused3

Hi! I am enjoying your TR. Those are great pictures of the Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to read more!

Hi Jessica,
I found your TR and dove right in! I love picture happy TR's, and this one does not disappoint thus far! :thumbsup2

Also, I am also a lover of pink. I always write and reply in pink!:cutie:

P.S. Very catchy title!

I am late, but I am here! I love your report, you describe Disney perfectly! And your photos capture all that magic and fun oozing all over the place down there!

Can't wait for more (pronounced without the 'r'... you know how it sounds)!

*peeks in*

hey lady...I have been SO busy at work and at home with the Thanksgiving Holiday and...

yeah, I know - excuses, excuses!

I am caught up and loving this so far! I do hope that Kris is alright and his doc appt went well.

I am going to start my TR soon...I promise.

Hit me up and let me know you're ok! :upsidedow

After a long DIS hiatus (due to lack of trip to plan and a little thing called college...), I have emerged and found your trip report. Love it! I love the pictures, and I can totally relate to how it feels waking up at WDW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter