A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the second part of A DISer Guide to Star Wars Celebration, we talk about what you can do in the show itself and how to make the most out of it. This will be in a similar set up to the other part of the guide where it is in a Q and A format.

How would I get my Badge?

If you buy your Badge by March 15, 2017 and live in the US, you badge will be mailed to you. If your order after that in the US, you will need to pick up at the show. If you are international, you will be able to either have it sent to you UPS or pick up at the show.

What are the show hours going to be?

We are confirmed 10 am-7 PM Thursday, 10 AM-7 PM Friday, 10 AM-7 PM Saturday, 10 AM-5 PM Sunday for the Exhibit Hall with evening Programming until 10 PM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Where will everything be in the Convention Center?

To Be Determined. When we get a Map, that will be posted here.

What Programming items will be at Celebration?

This is to be decided by who the attending guests are. What you can expect to do besides shop are:

-See Panels with various creators, actors and professionals who are part of the Star Wars Universe. Expect panels on things such as Episode VIII, Han Solo Movie, Rebels, the books and much more. Really dependent on where the movies and shows are in production at the moment.

-Meet the Actor Guests and get Autographs/Pictures with them. More of that in a later question.

-See the largest Star Wars Costume Contest you may ever see.

-An active Child programming track.

-Screenings, Concerts and other TBD events.

How would I find out when/where these events are going to happen?

There will be an online schedule available between 1-3 weeks before Celebration. Link will get posted here much later.

How do I get into the Main Events area for panels?

If Celebration Europe is any indication for Celebration Orlando, it will be by Wristbands. It started at 6 AM local time, but this may change. Keep an eye on the thread for more information. Expect wristbands to be gone by 10 AM Local time.

How would I meet the Guests for an autograph or picture?

There will be areas set up in the Exhibit Hall for this. We won't know where or when they will be until much closer to the event. You will need to pay for any Actors and most creatives (TV/Film creatives espcecially) Autograph/Picture. Film/TV creatives (ex. Dave Filoni from Rebels) may or may not do any autograph/photo sessions. You can start getting autographs/photos pre-ordered at https://www.starwarsauthentics.com/...d=21480&query=&sort=title_asc&pgmode1=catpage.

Expect between $20-200 for an autograph and $30-250 for a picture with the guest. Felicity Jones will cost $200-$250. She will cost for her autograph or picture to cost more than a WDW one day Park Hopper and combined more than the Current Seven Day Park Hopper deal on Undercover Tourist.

You may have up to four people over three and any Children under three in a Photograph with the actor. All Autograph/Photograph vouchers are non-refundable or transferable.

For authors/comic creators who may be there (ex. Claudia Gray of Bloodline), they will probably be signing for free at their Publishers or own table. Those authors who will attend and the setup will be decided closer to the event.

How do I get into Panels/Exhibit Hall/etc?

There may be a queing process, but that is to be decided. The biggest complaint is how Celebration does lining up for events and doesn't clear there programming rooms. The biggest thing you must get into your mind about Lines at a convention is there will be alot and many of them. You can not schedule a FastPass + for a panel/autograph signing/etc. Throw that part of Disney World Out of your mind. Be prepared to spend multiple hours in lines.

What is Costuming and What are the rules for Costuming at Celebration?

Costuming is when fans wear outfits of their favorite characters from the Star Wars Saga. There will be many of them around the show. There are rules on costumes. Nudity is not allowed. Think a conservative bikini for women and at least a pair of Swimshorts level of coverage for men. The stronger rules are on Weapons and are due to creating a safe environment. Live weapons will not be allowed. Here's the weapons policy from Celelbration Europe and expect it to be similar: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Info/Weapons-Policy/

Do I have to Costume at Celebration to enjoy it?

No, You don't have to Costume at Celebration to enjoy it. Some of the greatest joy as a fan I've ever seen is walking around a random corner and seeing an amazing C-3PO costume. Please ask the Costumer if you could please take a picture before taking it. Don't touch a Costumer or Harass any attendee.

Will there be Disabled access measures?

Yes, there will be. There will be elevators to get to the Exhibit Hall Floor for those who are disabled. You may not have to go upstairs for main events/exhibit hall because they are on Street level at the OCCC. They also offer a Medical Badge. If you are going, please read the information on the website before you apply. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Tickets/Medical-Badges/

Here's some practical help from @lovethattink on the Medical Badges:

Basically you write what accommodations are needed. And based in what you write, they determine if you're eligible. The medical pass is good for the person needing it and one person to accompany them. So my son and I waited in one line and my husband and other son waited in another line. Since there's no seat saving. We often sat far apart.

What are some other tips that you would give to a first time Celebration attendee?

-Bring Cash for Autographs/Merchadise. Many guests/vendors will take Cards, but many take cash only.

-Be prepared to walk as many miles in OCCC as you do in Magic Kingdom (7-10 miles a day).

-Bring a Water Bottle. It will get hot.

-Know your limits. If you get tired, find a place to sit and relax.

-Be prepared to be in line a minimum of an hour ahead of time for a panel. Preferribly longer. Will update when we get official information from the show runners.

-Convention Center Food is nearly as expensive as WDW food with quality about as good as Pinocchio Village Haus (not very good). Bring your own food and sodas with you. As long as you hide it, You will not be told to throw it out.

Will there be a Disney Hollywood Studios after hours event?

This is now confirmed for Friday April 14th starting at 7 PM (you get in at 5 PM). Here's the full information and to get your tickets: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-nights/. It is $129 before local tax and there is an AP discount at $119 each.

This is the end of the Q and A on what I would think be the major questions that DISer's would ask before the event. We won't know much until closer to the event, but ask away on questions I may not have thought about before hand.
I just put up a post about a charity to donate a custom made Mandalorian helmet signed by Jeremy Bulloch to. It was made to specifically to honor the Pulse night club victims. Maybe some of the Star Wars fans on here has some suggestions for a charity??
Images are attached. If this is not appropriate for this thread, I will be happy to remove it.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6
I just put up a post about a charity to donate a custom made Mandalorian helmet signed by Jeremy Bulloch to. It was made to specifically to honor the Pulse night club victims. Maybe some of the Star Wars fans on here has some suggestions for a charity??
Images are attached. If this is not appropriate for this thread, I will be happy to remove it.

IMHO It is appropriate to the thread. A good event that would appreciate that would be the Drowning in Moonlight event. They are doing a charity event with Carrie Fisher's favorite charity involved (Midnight Mission). I haven't heard of any Charity events being done by Star Wars fans to honor the Pulse Night Club victims. I'm not involved with it, but can give you their contact information by PM.

IMHO It is appropriate to the thread. A good event that would appreciate that would be the Drowning in Moonlight event. They are doing a charity event with Carrie Fisher's favorite charity involved (Midnight Mission). I haven't heard of any Charity events being done by Star Wars fans to honor the Pulse Night Club victims. I'm not involved with it, but can give you their contact information by PM.
That would be amazing!!

Question about the Ep 8 panel on Friday. I have seen line up time discussed on facebook and with mixed opinions. If I arrived at 4am would I get in? I dont need to be front row, but would like to have the experience of being in the actual hall since this is my first Celebration.

I looked at tiny portable chairs online lol. But since I am flying in on Thursday and doing Galactic Nights Friday I wanted to try to get a few hours of sleep!

Question about the Ep 8 panel on Friday. I have seen line up time discussed on facebook and with mixed opinions. If I arrived at 4am would I get in? I dont need to be front row, but would like to have the experience of being in the actual hall since this is my first Celebration.

I looked at tiny portable chairs online lol. But since I am flying in on Thursday and doing Galactic Nights Friday I wanted to try to get a few hours of sleep!

Last year at London, they did wristbands at 6 am for the panels. Would expect this to be the same for this year.

200 is so much for an autograph. Really going to have ot think on that one. Also kind of sucks that there is already discussion of over nighting. I know everyone wants to get into the episode 8 panel but I really don't see myself over nighting. This is why we usually get VIP to cons but they were already sold out by the time we decided to go. I guess I'll just have to set up my fiance for disappointment about getting into panels.

It is possible they might set up another room(s) for those who want to see the panel via video.

This will be my 4th celebration, and all the line standing does wear on you. I think I stood it line at the Anaheim one more than the other two. I am local and can get up at 3am, but sitting on my butt on a concrete floor for hours...getting too old for that, lol!

200 is so much for an autograph. Really going to have ot think on that one. Also kind of sucks that there is already discussion of over nighting. I know everyone wants to get into the episode 8 panel but I really don't see myself over nighting. This is why we usually get VIP to cons but they were already sold out by the time we decided to go. I guess I'll just have to set up my fiance for disappointment about getting into panels.

This is my opinion on this. If you want to see the Last Jedi Panel panel in an overflow room with other fans, You can easily show up at 7 AMish and get an overflow room wristband. I think they will most likely (95% chance) be doing wristbands for this panel. There is a 100% chance that Last Jedi Panel will have over 10,000 available seats (more than Fantasmic) between multiple rooms to see it. The people who will spend overnight will be wanting to see it in the Main events hall. I think it is going to be an amazing experience no matter what room your in.

This is my opinion on this. If you want to see the Last Jedi Panel panel in an overflow room with other fans, You can easily show up at 7 AMish and get an overflow room wristband. I think they will most likely (95% chance) be doing wristbands for this panel. There is a 100% chance that Last Jedi Panel will have over 10,000 available seats (more than Fantasmic) between multiple rooms to see it. The people who will spend overnight will be wanting to see it in the Main events hall. I think it is going to be an amazing experience no matter what room your in.

Overflow is fine for us.

Today's SW Celebration made a couple of related announcements. First of all, Celebration announced there is going to be a 40 years of star Wars panel with Kathleen Kennedy and Warwick Davis on Thursday April 13th. This seems to be their opening ceremony for this year. There is speculation that we see the trailer for it during it. I still think it will be during The Last Jedi panel to dominate many major news outlets for essentially three days with Easter being Sunday.

Second announcement is that Rancho Obi-Wan is going to be there. If you don't know, Rancho Obi-Wan is run by Steven Sansweet who was a long time Lucasfilm publicity director. They only do limited tours of the museum in California because it is his personal collection. It covers all 40 years of Star Wars from pre-1977 items until Rogue One and Rebels Season Three items. From what I have heard, it is a massive treasure trove of Star Wars History.

I have a question about shopping. Anyone who has been before can answer it. I'm aware that the lines for any of the stores will be long, but how good is the merchandise? Is this the kind of stuff that's worth waiting hours for in line? I really want merchandise, but if it's not worth waiting all that time, then I can skip it. I'm assuming they have the usual t-shirts, and posters, but what else? Also, what are the prices? Thanks in advance.

I have a question about shopping. Anyone who has been before can answer it. I'm aware that the lines for any of the stores will be long, but how good is the merchandise? Is this the kind of stuff that's worth waiting hours for in line? I really want merchandise, but if it's not worth waiting all that time, then I can skip it. I'm assuming they have the usual t-shirts, and posters, but what else? Also, what are the prices? Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of different types of Exclusives. The ones announced that are done by ReedPop/Lucasfilm and the ones done by vendors. We know almost nothing of this year's ReedPop Show Exclusives. Here is last year's for you: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Products/. Once they get announced (sometime next month), I will put something in the second post on it. We do know there will be exclusive Pins available Pre-show and at show. Here's some information on this: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Events-R-Z/Star-Wars-Celebration-Pin-Trading-Program/.

Exclusives are starting to come out from the exhibitors. Kotobukiya's exclusive is here: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/collectin...celebration-orlando-exclusives-revealed-nycc/. Hasbro's exclusive is here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/2017/...ation-2017-hasbro-exclusive-announced/.Prices for them will be announced closer to the show.

In my opinion, I would choose a Photo from your favorite actor or an event like the 501st Bash over tons of Exclusives. If you choose exclusives, Remember that these will be on EBay within days of the event.

Where are you seeing this on Facebook? I would be curious to look at some of the comments! Thanks!

The big news from yesterday is that several new Guests were announced for Autographs. I won't list all of them, but the major ones are Ray Park (Darth maul from Phantom Menace), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger from Rebels), Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar of Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca from TFA and Original Trilogy). Full list of Guests is available here: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Guests/Autograph-Hall/

I am having a bit of a decision making dilemma.
I would love to go to both the 40th anniversary panel on Thursday and the Last Jedi panel on Friday, but...
1.- I need to sleep, if I don't sleep I am not a functioning human being :D
2.- I'm going to Galactic Nights Friday night
So I am leaning toward doing the 40th panel Thursday and not worrying about being there super early on Friday so I can enjoy Galactic Nights. I mean, yeah it would be cool to be in the room for the Last Jedi but I want to have a good time at Galactic Nights as well.
I guess my question is:
I have a 4 day pass. Can I do most of the things that Celebration has to offer in 3 days? My thinking being that I can go early Thursday,4am,40th panel then merchandise looking, maybe another panel (depending on what they have) early Friday, 4am for Last Jedi panel, come back home sleep, Galactic Nights. Saturday and Sunday all day
I know I'm over thinking this

I would love to go to both the 40th anniversary panel on Thursday and the Last Jedi panel on Friday, but...
So I am leaning toward doing the 40th panel Thursday and not worrying about being there super early on Friday so I can enjoy Galactic Nights. I mean, yeah it would be cool to be in the room for the Last Jedi but I want to have a good time at Galactic Nights as well.
I guess my question is:
I have a 4 day pass. Can I do most of the things that Celebration has to offer in 3 days? My thinking being that I can go early Thursday,4am,40th panel then merchandise looking, maybe another panel (depending on what they have) early Friday, 4am for Last Jedi panel, come back home sleep, Galactic Nights. Saturday and Sunday all day

You can't do everything in four days. There is just too much to do in those four days. What anyone needs to do who is going to this is to figure out what areas to focus on. That is the biggest challenge I'm having. I'm also planning on three days to not be burned out for a day trip to Disney on Sunday and Monday. I can totally understand what your going through. Maybe, some of the other more veteran folks can help on this question.

I guess my question is:

I would wait until the full set of panels is released. The show floor is massive and it takes more than one day to see it all. Getting into the celebration store will take hours the line is always SUPER long. You have to really decide which panels you want to see, what autographs you want and be prepared to be waiting in VERY VERY VERY long lines for most of the big things. There are also a ton of random things that pop up including awesome photo ops that you just can't plan for. You just have to be there. I will say this The Last Jedi panel is going to be the GO TO thing. Because like last year that is probably where they will release the most exciting info. The 40th panel will be full of surprises as well. I will be at both of those and Galactic Nights because during celebration i give up on sleep.

I would wait until the full set of panels is released. The show floor is massive and it takes more than one day to see it all. Getting into the celebration store will take hours the line is always SUPER long. You have to really decide which panels you want to see, what autographs you want and be prepared to be waiting in VERY VERY VERY long lines for most of the big things. There are also a ton of random things that pop up including awesome photo ops that you just can't plan for. You just have to be there. I will say this The Last Jedi panel is going to be the GO TO thing. Because like last year that is probably where they will release the most exciting info. The 40th panel will be full of surprises as well. I will be at both of those and Galactic Nights because during celebration i give up on sleep.
thanks, I am not buying anything (no money so no problem there) so if I can't make it into the store I would be ok, also not doing any autographs or celeb pictures.
Believe me that no one wants to see me when I'm sleep deprived :D
Do you think that for the general show floor the best day to go is Thursday? I'm assuming Saturday will be nuts

thanks, I am not buying anything (no money so no problem there) so if I can't make it into the store I would be ok, also not doing any autographs or celeb pictures.
Believe me that no one wants to see me when I'm sleep deprived :D
Do you think that for the general show floor the best day to go is Thursday? I'm assuming Saturday will be nuts

Sunday is a great show floor day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter