A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thanks, I am not buying anything (no money so no problem there) so if I can't make it into the store I would be ok, also not doing any autographs or celeb pictures.
Believe me that no one wants to see me when I'm sleep deprived :D
Do you think that for the general show floor the best day to go is Thursday? I'm assuming Saturday will be nuts

In 2012 the store had photo ops and other fun, non-shopping things.

Sorrry I should have said I haven't been in yet. No one has from what I've seen. Just saw thay it updated to 2017. Love the intro picture thougg. People are hoping for an announcement on the star wars show tomorrow. We'll see.

Sorrry I should have said I haven't been in yet. No one has from what I've seen. Just saw thay it updated to 2017. Love the intro picture thougg. People are hoping for an announcement on the star wars show tomorrow. We'll see.

I don't expect the App to be ready until the week of. They haven't announced a show map or all of the Guests yet. It would be an improvement though if they announced it this week though.

Today, we got a couple of announcements. First of all, they announced several guests for Celebration Orlando including Alan Tudyk (K2-SO from Rogue One), Vanessa Marshall (Hera from Star Wars Rebels) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando from Original Trilogy). Secondly, we have more information about Galactic Nights. Vanessa Marshall is doing a Rogue one talk a few times over the evening. My guess is Beauty and the Beast Theater. Lastly, we are getting a Rebels panel with Dave Filoni and some of the cast on Saturday of Celebration. Also, Badges are shipping starting this week. Watch your emails for a tracking number from Show Clix for them.

Today, we got a couple of announcements. First of all, they announced several guests for Celebration Orlando including Alan Tudyk (K2-SO from Rogue One), Vanessa Marshall (Hera from Star Wars Rebels) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando from Original Trilogy). Secondly, we have more information about Galactic Nights. Vanessa Marshall is doing a Rogue one talk a few times over the evening. My guess is Beauty and the Beast Theater. Lastly, we are getting a Rebels panel with Dave Filoni and some of the cast on Saturday of Celebration. Also, Badges are shipping starting this week. Watch your emails for a tracking number from Show Clix for them.
the talk show during Galactic Nights is at the Indiana Jones Theater

monthtocelebration.jpg Darth Vader is very important for this announcement. We are a month away from Celebration.

You are two days away from the Pre-Badge mailing deadline. Buy your passes by this Wednesday March 15th at 11:59 PM ET/8:59 PM ET to get them before the convention. Don't be like Chief Motti in A New Hope and get force choked by the Will Call line.

A couple of updates for Celebration were announced today. Riz Ahmed (Bodhi Rook from Rogue One) and Anthony Daniels (C3P0 from all of the films) were announced as signing Guests. Riz Ahmed is only there on Friday and will probably be at the Galactic Nights event. Anthony Daniels will be there all four days and will probably do his panel in a Golden Metallic Suit.

Collectors Track has also put their schedule and descriptions up. Looks like they have a couple of interesting presentations such as Rancho Obi-Wan and the movie promotional item panels. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...s-Panel-Descriptions.pdf?v=636251846606041505 for full information.

Hello, I know this probably looks real awkward so let me introduce myself, my name is Katarina
and I am a student attending Florida Southern College in Lakeland. I am someone who is very into Disney, I actually hope to become and imagineer one day, and I am VERY into Star Wars. For a few months now I have been doing some research on this convention and trying to make a decision to go or not. This would be my first Star Wars convention, and really first major convention any type. I am just unsure of what to expect and it has kept me from purchasing the ticket. I know with the convention being only about 20 or so days away this was probably not the most convenient time for me to have found this page. If you could possibly give me some information about it, I would really appreciate it. I would be attending alone so that is where most of my restriction is coming it, I'm not sure if it is going to be any fun attending something like this alone, but I also heard something about this being the last one until 2019 and thats leaning me toward buying a ticket. It would either be purchasing a ticket to this or purchasing the ticket to go to the Hollywood Studios event that night. I know that I’m new to this group which seems to have been going on for a while, and I know this is a lot of random information that you probably don't really care about but you guys seem to really know what your talking about and I am at a point where I need people to give me feedback on the event to make my decision. If you decide to reply back to me I would greatly appreciate it, if not I completely understand.
Thank you

Hello, I know this probably looks real awkward so let me introduce myself, my name is Katarina
and I am a student attending Florida Southern College in Lakeland. I am someone who is very into Disney, I actually hope to become and imagineer one day, and I am VERY into Star Wars. For a few months now I have been doing some research on this convention and trying to make a decision to go or not. This would be my first Star Wars convention, and really first major convention any type. I am just unsure of what to expect and it has kept me from purchasing the ticket. I know with the convention being only about 20 or so days away this was probably not the most convenient time for me to have found this page. If you could possibly give me some information about it, I would really appreciate it. I would be attending alone so that is where most of my restriction is coming it, I'm not sure if it is going to be any fun attending something like this alone, but I also heard something about this being the last one until 2019 and thats leaning me toward buying a ticket. It would either be purchasing a ticket to this or purchasing the ticket to go to the Hollywood Studios event that night. I know that I’m new to this group which seems to have been going on for a while, and I know this is a lot of random information that you probably don't really care about but you guys seem to really know what your talking about and I am at a point where I need people to give me feedback on the event to make my decision. If you decide to reply back to me I would greatly appreciate it, if not I completely understand.
Thank you

Welcome to the DISboards. My son takes voice at Florida Southern.

The convention center is easy to find and parking is pretty easy too.

To pick between the two, that's a tough call. Galactic Nights hasn't been done yet, but it sounds great. In 2012, I enjoyed every minute of SWC. Because we loved it so much, we went with 4 day passes and are devoting the whole time at the convention.

Thank you

Here's my thoughts on this: If I had to choose one, I would choose celebration because Celebration only comes to Orlando every few years (probably won't happen until 2021-23 again. There are solo groups on Facebook that can help you find a roommate or friends to join in Costuming (If that's your thing). Here's a link to one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/flyingsoloswc/ There are more creators and actors from the Star Wars Universe at Celebration than at the Galactic Nights event. A one day for Celebration is only $65-75 versus the $129 for Galactic Nights (no student ticket discounts on this event). If you are able to be off from school for a day, I wold do Friday. If I can't, I would do Sunday. Saturday is going to be the busiest day of show typically. Parking is easy at the convention and you should get there early for it. It is $15 for the day at the Convention Center.

Here's my thoughts on this: If I had to choose one, I would choose celebration because Celebration only comes to Orlando every few years (probably won't happen until 2021-23 again. There are solo groups on Facebook that can help you find a roommate or friends to join in Costuming (If that's your thing). Here's a link to one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/flyingsoloswc/ There are more creators and actors from the Star Wars Universe at Celebration than at the Galactic Nights event. A one day for Celebration is only $65-75 versus the $129 for Galactic Nights (no student ticket discounts on this event). If you are able to be off from school for a day, I wold do Friday. If I can't, I would do Sunday. Saturday is going to be the busiest day of show typically. Parking is easy at the convention and you should get there early for it. It is $15 for the day at the Convention Center.
Thank you so much I really appreciate the feed back

Welcome to the DISboards. My son takes voice at Florida Southern.

The convention center is easy to find and parking is pretty easy too.

To pick between the two, that's a tough call. Galactic Nights hasn't been done yet, but it sounds great. In 2012, I enjoyed every minute of SWC. Because we loved it so much, we went with 4 day passes and are devoting the whole time at the convention.
Thank you as well :)

It’s almost 3 weeks away!

We have tickets for Galactic Nights - that’s the only time we’re spending at WDW during the trip. I was able to get a FP for Toy Story, since they start letting ticket holders in at 5, which is pretty cool. Should I bring the Magic Band I have from my last trip (Dec 2014)? I think it’s still connected to my Disney Experience account. I figured I could use it for my FP and Photopass if I decide to use it. Will my folks need them too? They haven’t been to WDW in years, so they’ve never used them before.

Thanks.

It’s almost 3 weeks away!

We have tickets for Galactic Nights - that’s the only time we’re spending at WDW during the trip. I was able to get a FP for Toy Story, since they start letting ticket holders in at 5, which is pretty cool. Should I bring the Magic Band I have from my last trip (Dec 2014)? I think it’s still connected to my Disney Experience account. I figured I could use it for my FP and Photopass if I decide to use it. Will my folks need them too? They haven’t been to WDW in years, so they’ve never used them before.

Thanks.

Your parents won't need a Magic Band. Their RFID Tickets also let them get on with FP+ as long as their linked to the account. With a special event, I don't it's a necessity to bring a Magic Band with you. I would focus on the unique events (like the show at Indiana Jones Theater) over the regular rides and character meet and greets at Galactic nights. That is why that is the higher price for the ticket.

Your parents won't need a Magic Band. Their RFID Tickets also let them get on with FP+ as long as their linked to the account. With a special event, I don't it's a necessity to bring a Magic Band with you. I would focus on the unique events (like the show at Indiana Jones Theater) over the regular rides and character meet and greets at Galactic nights. That is why that is the higher price for the ticket.

Great - thanks! I didn’t think we would, but I’ve only been to WDW once since the whole Magic Band system went into place, so I wasn’t sure. I have the tickets printed out and ready to go, and everything is linked to the account, so we should be all set.

I do want to get them on Star Tours at least once - they’ve haven’t been on it since the big update a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter