A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr added to the celeb list!

Thanks for mentioning this. I was going to mention it in a few minutes. For those who want Sarah's Autograph/Photo, expect to pay $150 for either. That doesn't surprise me because of how well known she is for Buffy.

Great - thanks! I didn’t think we would, but I’ve only been to WDW once since the whole Magic Band system went into place, so I wasn’t sure. I have the tickets printed out and ready to go, and everything is linked to the account, so we should be all set.

I do want to get them on Star Tours at least once - they’ve haven’t been on it since the big update a few years ago.

My suggestion is to do that at 5 PM when you get there because many Celebration attendees probably haven't been on Star Tours, so it could get to 60 minute plus waits during the Hard Ticket event.

So I have a question about photo ops and autographs. If we're going with someone, do we pay for a photo or autograph ticket separately or together? Do we have to pay separately even if we take a picture with the guest together? Also, I wanted to know if they provide us with something for the guests to sign, or if we have to bring something ourselves. Thank you.

So I have a question about photo ops and autographs. If we're going with someone, do we pay for a photo or autograph ticket separately or together? Do we have to pay separately even if we take a picture with the guest together? Also, I wanted to know if they provide us with something for the guests to sign, or if we have to bring something ourselves. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure OfficialPix will be there selling pictures to get signed. We bought some in 2012, but also brought our own just in case we couldn't find something.

It is a different company. For most of the Guests, you can pre-order either Autograph, Photo or both. Felicity Jones Autographs only are sold out, so it's Photos and Both are still available. You have to buy the combo to get both Photo and Autograph. They provide an photo for the Guest to sign. If you bring on Star Wars Items, It is going to be authenticated by Star Wars authentics. It is being run by a different company that is part of Topps. Here's the link if you want to Pre-order them (would suggest this): https://www.starwarsauthentics.com/...d=21480&query=&sort=title_asc&pgmode1=catpage

Not sure if this info has been posted here. Does it sound confusing to all of you as it does to me?
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...&iusercampaignid=96892148#security-screenings
I'm talking specifically about the overnight queue and wristbands

You can enter the official "camp out" area between 8 and 12. Past that and you won't be allowed and any line outside will probably be told to disperse. If you leave after midnight you won't be allowed back in until 5 am. Wristbanding for the shows starts at 6am.

You can enter the official "camp out" area between 8 and 12. Past that and you won't be allowed and any line outside will probably be told to disperse. If you leave after midnight you won't be allowed back in until 5 am. Wristbanding for the shows starts at 6am.
thank you for the cliff notes :)

Not sure if this info has been posted here. Does it sound confusing to all of you as it does to me?
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...&iusercampaignid=96892148#security-screenings

I was surprised and a little confused also. Not super pumped about this - I mean now I have to line up from midnight until 11am? I was going to do like 2-3am after a nap and then drop the chairs and maybe freshen up at the hotel after I got the wristband. It is my first time so maybe I was being dumb thinking that! But man. 11 hours lol. Im too old for this o_O I have never seen the convention center either.

In other news, I switched hotels 4 times and finally landed on Rosen Plaza because the paperwork said it was the closest - and somehow one of the cheapest even though the rooms look to have been remodeled recenrly-ish. Hoping that was a good decision!

I was surprised and a little confused also. Not super pumped about this - I mean now I have to line up from midnight until 11am? I was going to do like 2-3am after a nap and then drop the chairs and maybe freshen up at the hotel after I got the wristband. It is my first time so maybe I was being dumb thinking that! But man. 11 hours lol. Im too old for this o_O I have never seen the convention center either.

In other news, I switched hotels 4 times and finally landed on Rosen Plaza because the paperwork said it was the closest - and somehow one of the cheapest even though the rooms look to have been remodeled recenrly-ish. Hoping that was a good decision!

In theory you'd be wristbanded pretty quickly at 6 so if you were close you could go take a nap but gosh knows. When I mean the screwed up NYCC they royal screwed it up. Took some people 4 hours to enter while others who got in line after only took 45 minutes. It was by far the worst one to date. They definitely fixed the panel size issues they had in previous years but some people missed the panels they wanted to go to and their photo/signature ops. I'm really hoping Celebration isn't like it. If it is it'll be out last one. I have 0 hope to get into a panel because we don't overnight. I need 8 hours of sleep or I'm an awful person haha.

In theory you'd be wristbanded pretty quickly at 6 so if you were close you could go take a nap but gosh knows. When I mean the screwed up NYCC they royal screwed it up. Took some people 4 hours to enter while others who got in line after only took 45 minutes. It was by far the worst one to date. They definitely fixed the panel size issues they had in previous years but some people missed the panels they wanted to go to and their photo/signature ops. I'm really hoping Celebration isn't like it. If it is it'll be out last one. I have 0 hope to get into a panel because we don't overnight. I need 8 hours of sleep or I'm an awful person haha.

Could you do the 5am open? If they will not let people line up outside before then you might be able to watch from a walkway and pounce right when the door opens!

Could you do the 5am open? If they will not let people line up outside before then you might be able to watch from a walkway and pounce right when the door opens!

Nah. We are staying at Disney so long drive over. It is fine just will know better to do VIP next time or not go. As long as I can walk the show floor I'll be fine.

Thanks for posting it. I was at a movie screening last night or I would've posted it sooner. Will be modifying top post on this immediately. Glad they posted the information three weeks out instead of two days out like they did with London.

I'm considering not even trying for the big panels, i was also planning on lining up sound 4am. I guess I'll show up at 5am and see what I can see

I know I'll have to pay for parking at the convention center, but does anyone know if you have to pay again if you leave and come back?

I know I'll have to pay for parking at the convention center, but does anyone know if you have to pay again if you leave and come back?

To my understanding, I don't think you get in and out ability at the convention center parking lots. Does anyone who attend MegaCon know how it works for that show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter