A cot fits in Pop

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
But it's not easy. We had a cot 80"x 32"x 18.5. We had to out the cot in front of the door on an angle. As long as you don't need to leave the room while the person on the cot is sleeping it's ok.
The kids took turns between the cot and the regular bed. We put cot back each morning and put the bed up so we'd have a table.
I know this question comes up a lot, so I just wanted to share our experience

But it's not easy. We had a cot 80"x 32"x 18.5. We had to out the cot in front of the door on an angle. As long as you don't need to leave the room while the person on the cot is sleeping it's ok.
The kids took turns between the cot and the regular bed. We put cot back each morning and put the bed up so we'd have a table.

Just hope there is not a fire where you need to get out. I suspect that massively breaks fire codes and would result in a fine (at least) if discovered.

Just hope there is not a fire where you need to get out. I suspect that massively breaks fire codes and would result in a fine (at least) if discovered.
This was my first thought. Not something I could ever personally do. My fire safety anxiety would never let this fly

Cot? Pop provides cots?
No, POP does not provide cots. OP must have brought their own.

Wouldn't there be space between the two beds to put a cot? Sure, the people sleeping on those sides of the two beds would have to scoot out the front of the bed, rather than the side, but much safer than a cot in front of an exit...not that I would recommend breaking any fire codes or safety issues.

Wouldn't there be space between the two beds to put a cot? Sure, the people sleeping on those sides of the two beds would have to scoot out the front of the bed, rather than the side, but much safer than a cot in front of an exit...not that I would recommend breaking any fire codes or safety issues.

No, the two beds are much to close together for a cot.

We have used a cot in POP You have to bring it yourself. Its a common thing.
We put ours at foot of bed. It folks up, and just goes in corner when not in use. Its perfect for me. My son sleeps alone..hes 13 and Daughter with Mom. she's 10

HUGE Fire Code issue and very dangerous.
How is this dangerous? Its done thousands of times a day across the nation. And every day at WDW..Having a cot there means nothing.
And, As a professional firefighter.....There is no code that doesn't allow a cot. Its 4 to a room. Regardless where or how you sleep. Also, to get technical...Almost EVERY hotel room actual fire code is usually twice the allowed guests. Its the resort that sets max occupancy at 4..not a code. Like a restaurant that says 100 max people. In actual legal terms..the code will say 120. The 20 less is a safety net if you will for errors.
But, as for the cot...Its no different than inflatable mattress. Super common. no big deal.

Yep, it fits..we do it almost every time. The military has a great style that folds up to a suitcase size stow away. Slept on them may times over seas. In MUCH MUCH smaller areas than a Disney resort....

How is this dangerous? Its done thousands of times a day across the nation. And every day at WDW..Having a cot there means nothing.
And, As a professional firefighter.....There is no code that doesn't allow a cot. Its 4 to a room. Regardless where or how you sleep. Also, to get technical...Almost EVERY hotel room actual fire code is usually twice the allowed guests. Its the resort that sets max occupancy at 4..not a code. Like a restaurant that says 100 max people. In actual legal terms..the code will say 120. The 20 less is a safety net if you will for errors.
But, as for the cot...Its no different than inflatable mattress. Super common. no big deal.

The issue is that the "cot" is blocking the door. The OP themself said that it was fine "as long as no one needed to get out". Now, call me crazy, but you add a fire situation into that and I doubt it's going to be simple to move it when you're panicked.

The issue is that the "cot" is blocking the door. The OP themself said that it was fine "as long as no one needed to get out". Now, call me crazy, but you add a fire situation into that and I doubt it's going to be simple to move it when you're panicked.
Its really not an issue. Folks can take care of themselves. But, in legal terms...it's allowed. And its done all there time. Ive never heard of an incident of someone dying due to a cot. More people will drown in a bath tub...but we won't ban those..
More people have and will drown in WDW pools...but they are still there..
I think people would be surprised just how many cots and or inflatable beds are used at WDW or any hotel. Heck, I've slept in a sleeping bag at POP. Non issue.
And, lets be honest...And NO. Disney doesn't allow it..But one can only imagine when groups go to Disney...there is WAY more than 4 in a room at night. Our Daughter went with her school..spring break. There was 6,7,8 in a room all night. They just leave the room the were supposed to be in..Thats just the way it its. Its not allowed but..it happens. A cot? Thats the least of ones worries.

Last edited:
Yes, it makes it more difficult to get out in case of an emergency, but it's not against the fire code or any Disney policy. The fire code only specifies the number of people that are staying in a room, not where you have your belongings or the furniture placed in the room.

I'm not going to comment on whether it's wise or not, but people stick suitcases, strollers, scooters and who knows what else in the entryway of rooms all the time. Disney doesn't check.

Wow didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. The cot weighs very little and not a problem at all to move it there was a fire. I just meant if you had someone who wanted to leave the room early to get a cup of coffee.
We folded it up and stored it under the bed each morning.
I just wanted to let people know since the question is often asked.

Anyone have a comfortable cot that they would recommend? 14 year old boy and 11 year old girl hate sharing a bed.

We usually bring a twin blow up mattress (I want to say it’s Coleman) It’s tall (about 2ft high) and has a built in pump. When deflated and folded up, it fits into it’s own bag. My teenage son likes to sleep on it when we only have 2 dbl/qn beds. In the past prior to the refurb at the values, we’ve had no problem fitting it between the bed and the door and could still squeeze by if needed. With the new rooms at POP it might be tight, but I’m still bringing it next trip. Hopefully when we switch to BC we’ll get a rm with a day bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!