A bit bored at the Studios

rdesear

Earning My Ears
This park is a disappointment currently as there are very limited options compared to when this park was in its glory days. Even half the stores on Main Street are closed . Waiting on a fast pass to do Rockin Rollercoaster then we are out . Currently a half day park for us (at best). Waits are so long on the few rides open. My wife characterized this park as a Meet N Greet Park. I guess we will return when GE opens

Last edited:

Okay. cuz when I looked at the app, it looked like all the attractions are up and running.
Where are you headed after RnRC?

They are just prepping for SGE thats all. Disneyland was the same way a few months before SGE opened there. Its true its not the absolute best time to visit, but its not like any rides are closed. Just shops and the Beauty and the Beast show.

RNRR
ToT
Beauty and the Beast
Lightning McQueens Racing Academy
Frozen Sing a Long
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
Launch Bay (3 meet and greets and a video attraction)
Disney Jr. meet and greets
Disney Jr. Dance Party
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Meet Mike and Sully
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Saucers
TSMM
Meet Toy Story characters
Incrediberg Dance Party (and num num cookies)
Muppets

Assuming you spent 30 minutes at each one, that's an 9 hour day
Add in Fantasmic, the Star Wars stage shows, meal breaks, longer lines, shopping, bathroom breaks, I do not see how this is a 1/2 day park, unless you are just intentionally skipping half of the park

They are redoing one ride right now - turning GMR to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

What other rides are closed? It looks like all the other rides - ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucers are all open.

The Beauty and the Beast show isn’t running right now. There’s Muppet Vision 3D, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show, Indiana Jones and the Frozen singalong (which is such a riot and so fun.) Plus the new Lightning McQueen Racing Academy. Those are all open.

So ... isn’t there just one ride and one show closed right now?

RNRR
ToT
Beauty and the Beast
Lightning McQueens Racing Academy
Frozen Sing a Long
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
Launch Bay (3 meet and greets and a video attraction)
Disney Jr. meet and greets
Disney Jr. Dance Party
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Meet Mike and Sully
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Saucers
TSMM
Meet Toy Story characters
Incrediberg Dance Party (and num num cookies)
Muppets

Assuming you spent 30 minutes at each one, that's an 9 hour day
Add in Fantasmic, the Star Wars stage shows, meal breaks, longer lines, shopping, bathroom breaks, I do not see how this is a 1/2 day park, unless you are just intentionally skipping half of the park
Your assuming everyone in the party wants to do the toddler rides (we don’t). It’s a half day park for us.

The point is well-taken, though, that aside from SWGE, when they then make most rides a Tier 1 as has been asserted on these boards, then what will be the point of that park? I will only have one Tier 1 ride and barely 2 others (Muppets and Star Tours???). That is not worth the time to travel to this park.

They are redoing one ride right now - turning GMR to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

What other rides are closed? It looks like all the other rides - ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucers are all open.

The Beauty and the Beast show isn’t running right now. There’s Muppet Vision 3D, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show, Indiana Jones and the Frozen singalong (which is such a riot and so fun.) Plus the new Lightning McQueen Racing Academy. Those are all open.

So ... isn’t there just one ride and one show closed right now?
Yes of the very limited options for our family that’s a correct statement

The point is well-taken, though, that aside from SWGE, when they then make most rides a Tier 1 as has been asserted on these boards, then what will be the point of that park? I will only have one Tier 1 ride and barely 2 others (Muppets and Star Tours???). That is not worth the time to travel to this park.

Waiting in line for rides is still an option.

We just returned from WDW last night. We spent 3 less than half days at DHS. All in our party agree that it it is barely a half day park. Yes, there are shows and meet and greets. However, if you have been recently (or even some time ago) the shows are basically still the same. You can only meet so many characters more than once. We do enjoy our time there but we always park hop on DHS days. Then we might visit again but park hop again. We just can't stay all day there.

I’d say call it a day and go back to your resort, but it doesn’t look like you’re having much luck there either.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

(FWIW, we pretty much only go to Studios for TSL, Frozen show, then walk over to Epcot) :duck:
We like our resort . Just had the weirdness with the deck

I agreed with OP. We were there last year January and it was definitely a 1/2 day park for us. Granted TSL wasn't open yet but even then that only adds 2 rides. My kids don't really enjoy the shows or dance parties so when we are done with the rides we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter