A bit bored at the Studios

If you have a parkhopper go over to epcot after your fastpass. While your waiting try some of the limited time treats around the park for the 30th anniversary, or If you haven't seen the lightning McQueen racing academy I would say its worth doing.

Agree, but it depends on the ages of those in your party. My husband and I are going to do EMM for Toy Story land and then do FPs on RNRC, Star Tours, and watch Indiana Jones at 11:30 and then we’re out. The other shows and meet and greets hold zero appeal for us (while they would to others, of course). We’ll head over to World Showcase and spend our afternoon sampling the food and beverages there.

I think the problem people are having is that the OP's comments are a mischaracterization. Half of the park isn't closed, but there are a few closures, and the construction doesn't help. OP is perfectly justified in being bored, and not all attractions will appeal to everyone. I too only spend maybe a half-day there as opposed to some of the other parks. But I think it's wrong to say half of the park is closed. It comes off as insulting to HS for the sake of insulting HS, as opposed to expressing your disappointment.

I think the problem people are having is that the OP's comments are a mischaracterization. Half of the park isn't closed, but there are a few closures, and the construction doesn't help. OP is perfectly justified in being bored, and not all attractions will appeal to everyone. I too only spend maybe a half-day there as opposed to some of the other parks. But I think it's wrong to say half of the park is closed. It comes off as insulting to HS for the sake of insulting HS, as opposed to expressing your disappointment.

This. OP wants to vent and that's fine. The post is misleading.

They are just prepping for SGE thats all. Disneyland was the same way a few months before SGE opened there. Its true its not the absolute best time to visit, but its not like any rides are closed. Just shops and the Beauty and the Beast show.

How long is Beauty and the Beast closed? We were hoping to see that in July. I’m having trouble finding info.

For us, HS is a much better evening park. We do 2 half days there in order to see both Fantasmic and the fireworks and it allows us 2 cracks at TSL. I wouldn't do an open to close right now, but that will change very soon.

In the past, we'd spend two full days, opening until close, including one show each day. For our trip before SWGE opening, we're doing one full day so we see all the shows, one evening with FP before Dessert party. And another afternoon, where we plan to just use our FP and head out.

I agree with the OP that it is difficult to stay there all day if you're not into shows. The standby lines are much longer than I am willing to wait in and it seems like getting additional FP is not as easy as I like.

DHS is typically a half day park for us at best. SWGE won't change that for us either. Most of the shows are one and done types for us, except Indy but that's more of a if it doesn't interfere with other plans kinda of thing.

Honestly, if EMM for TSL ever happens again after SWGE opens, we will probably only go during that plus about an hour and a half after to go to ToT, RnR and Muppets. It's too bad because we used to really like this park but we also really enjoyed Backlot Tour and Great Movie Ride.

I think this will change for us when Runaway Railway opens. This will be a must do for us. Or if EMM doesn't happen anymore, then we'll probably have to make multiple rope drop trips into DHS to get headliners done especially with the new FP tiering. I think there's going to be a lot of waiting to see what happens kind of thing.

Your assuming everyone in the party wants to do the toddler rides (we don’t). It’s a half day park for us.

'Toddler Rides'? Alien Swirling Saucers and........?

I hate to tell you, but if you think Toy Story Mania and Slinky Dog are 'Toddler Rides', then you will likely be disappointed in all of the Disney Parks. Toddlers are not even allowed on TOT, RNR, and Star Tours.

We had a great day at DHS last January. Had breakfast at the Boardwalk and took the boat over to the park after that. Spend the rest of the day there until closing. Didn't do a single show becasue my kid isn't into that but she's really into meeting characters and she met a lot of them there. We did all three of the TSL rides, we did Star Tours, and I did RnRC and ToT by myself because the kid isn't tall enough for the first and the husband and my kid don't like the second(actually my daughter hates the Elevator as she calls it).

RNRR
ToT
Beauty and the Beast
Lightning McQueens Racing Academy
Frozen Sing a Long
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
Launch Bay (3 meet and greets and a video attraction)
Disney Jr. meet and greets
Disney Jr. Dance Party
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Meet Mike and Sully
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Saucers
TSMM
Meet Toy Story characters
Incrediberg Dance Party (and num num cookies)
Muppets

Assuming you spent 30 minutes at each one, that's an 9 hour day
Add in Fantasmic, the Star Wars stage shows, meal breaks, longer lines, shopping, bathroom breaks, I do not see how this is a 1/2 day park, unless you are just intentionally skipping half of the park

Thank you. I was going through everything in my head because we love that park. Tower of Terror is awesome, Rockin Roller Coaster (multiple times), Star Tours (multiple times) Fantasmic, the Muppet comedy show, Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, etc... I don't know the age of his kids or whatever, but we have always enjoyed the day.

This park is a disappointment currently as there are very limited options compared to when this park was in its glory days. Even half the stores on Main Street are closed . Waiting on a fast pass to do Rockin Rollercoaster then we are out . Currently a half day park for us (at best). Waits are so long on the few rides open. My wife characterized this park as a Meet N Greet Park. I guess we will return when GE opens
Yeah, we just got back yesterday and we were just kinda walking around in the afternoon as there just wasn't much to do without a long line, once we hit most the shows.

We usually try to do ToT multiple times, but with half the ride down the waits were just insane, so we just did once with a fastpass.

I have been the only one in my family pushing to go to HS for a while now and this trip I'm giving up. We love TOT but with it under construction I didn't want to deal with the longer wait times. TSMM is fun, as is the Frozen Singalong, but both lose their luster after a while, in my opinion. That's really it for things we like at HS. Maybe we'll go see Star Wars in a few years when the crowds have (maybe?) died down a bit.

There's not a lot of things you'd do if you have been there recent. We've only seen mermaid once, we may only see it one more time before it disappears (and we're going for almost a month over this year). Disney Jr Dance party? Sure... Lightning Mcqueen is one and done... maybe I just don't have a good attitude about it, but I don't feel like saucers is worth the wait in line for the short ride, star tours is good filler but nothing close to a destination ride, I still can't get my kids to go to Muppets... All we're really left with is TSM, SDD and RNR - TOT is fun but fam won't go. We usually spend 4 hours at HS and find something else. I sympathize with OP, but also the first time I went to HS I thought it was amazing - everything was new and I hadn't seen the shows either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter