A birthcertificate question...

idontknow

DIS Veteran
Ok, in the state of Mich, where DS was born, if you are not married there is no father's name on the birthcertificate. Will this be a problem? DH is not DS's biological father, but is the only dad DS has ever known. I can get a noterized copy of DS's BC, is there anything else we need?

DS's last name is different than mine now, so would our marriage lisence be a good thing to take to prove he is mine? My BC is in my maiden name, too. Would that be enough? What about my BC name being different than my lisence? I've read a lot of posts about what to take for ID, but a passport seems extreem in our case since we can get so much other ID. If you haven't had a passport, what did you use?

Don't worry! I think that your birth certificate is fine. Even if the father's name isn't listed, it is still the only record of DS birth right?

And, my BC name is different, maiden name vs. married, your DL should take care of that.

Hope this helps! Oh, you could get on line vitalchek or something like that to get certifications of birth. I did that for DH and DD's.
Came in a week or so. I think that was express, since we were going to try to cruise last year!

Michele

Wow, you can get them online? When I called Mich. they said that they had to have a money order or cashiers check to send to them. That would be great if I could order it online. I'll check the "vitalchek" out, but if you know anything more or if anyone else knows any more about this, please post it for us. Thanks for the info!

Wow, you can get them online? When I called Mich. they said that they had to have a money order or cashiers check to send to them. That would be great if I could order it online. I'll check the "vitalchek" out, but if you know anything more or if anyone else knows any more about this, please post it for us. Thanks for the info!

I am so sorry that this is posted in the wrong area. I haven't been able to find it except by using the links in the emails notifying me of replies. (I thought I was loosing my mind. LOL) When I checked this board for new posts, here it was. Again, I'm sorry that it is posted on the wrong board.

Thank you for the great info and links!

I tried vitalchek and I am unable to get a copy of my BC there.
I was born in the united kingdom as my father was in the air force when i was born.

how do I then obtain a copy of my BC?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest