8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRUISE HELP NEEDED FOR PASSPORT PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Tried to get them done today but the PO that the website says does not need appts does so we go on Tuesday. I found a site to set up the pictures on the main board but cannot find anything dictating exactly how the pictures need to be done. I have heard in the past about your ears needing to show and you can't smile. Does anyone know if this is true. I really don't want to go in Tuesday and have our pictures rejected. TIA so much!!!

Children and Grandchildren...you got to love them!!!

My DGD(the almost 4 year old that had Salmonella) decided to see if a Polly Pocket purple high heel shoe could fit up her nose today. :headache: :headache: I am doing my job today and DD calls to see if I could come with her to the Doctors office to watch my DGS. I told John to stay and finish the movies. While she was coming to get me.........two cars ahead of her decided to hit a huge break-away light pole.:scared1: :scared1: The car hit the pole and went into a ditch.:eek: My daughter missed the car in front of her by inches. :eek: The break-away pole flew over three lanes and just missed her car!!! :sad2: My daughter called 911 and the police asked if she could stay by the accident scene. :confused3 She said no she had to rush her daughter to the doctors. The police asked if she need to get an ambulance. Daughter said no.........there was just a shoe up her nose daughter's nose.I think my hair should be totally white by the time we cruise this August. BTW...the doctor did get out the purple shoe.:headache: :headache: :headache:

OH MY!!! You couldn't write stuff like that. What a stressful day. So glad that everyone is OK. I have to wonder what the dispatcher thought when she heard that there was a shoe up your GD's nose. :lmao: DD put three orange tic tacs up her nose one time when she was about 3. I managed to get them out with tweazers. Thank goodness they weren't the red, green or white ones or they would have burned a bit more. OY! Kids do the darndest things!

Tried to get them done today but the PO that the website says does not need appts does so we go on Tuesday. I found a site to set up the pictures on the main board but cannot find anything dictating exactly how the pictures need to be done. I have heard in the past about your ears needing to show and you can't smile. Does anyone know if this is true. I really don't want to go in Tuesday and have our pictures rejected. TIA so much!!!

We normally just go to Costco to get them done for $4 each

If you want to take them yourself, here is a site I found that explains it
http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_take_a_passport_photo

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

My hair covers my ears and yes there is a mug shot sort of smile on my passport.

Oh Cheryl! :hug: :hug: I agree with the others, the way you tell it is funny! It is one of those stories that WILL be funny someday... (I hope everything else is going OK)

DS was about 3 when he decided to put Lily of the Valley flowers up his nose! :eek: He had picked the "pretty flower" at grandma's house and as we drove home (3 whole miles) he plucked several little flowerettes off the stalk and shoved them in. We got some out, ended up taking him to the doctor who got more out and then a couple days later he suddenly had a runny-nose/sinus thing (very unusual for him) and finally sneezed the last one out. On the plus side, it seems to have made an impression on him since he never put anything in nose or ears after that :laughing:

Pamela

My kids haven't done it (yet), but I vividly recall my parents trying to extract a rice krispie from one brother's nose and an M&M from the other brother.

Is anyone else sorta glad that ER Doc Pete isn't jumping in with ummm foreign object stories?? :scared:

Laura, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! I am so sorry that you had to go through additional stress with this big project. Hope right now you are enjoying your zzzzzz's and that today is a better day.:hug:

ITA Laura is the best! And I'm not even doing Secret Mickey.
Vacations shouldn't be this stressful.

Is anyone else considering tipping some cash at the beginning of the cruise so they have a little extra spending money for our ports of call? I wondered if they have enough time off the ship when we're in port for it to matter.

Cheers!

J

I hadn't thought about that, but you bring up a good point. They are used to being paid every week. Does anyone know when the CMs get their money if we pre-pay the tips? Maybe I'll pre-pay the recommended amount and then add more accordingly at the end of the cruise.

I have a "foreign object" in an orfice story.
Last year I got a call from the school nurse on Miranda. As the girl has never missed a day of school, I was concerned. Turns out the girl put an eraser in her ear. I took her 30 mins away to see her Pediatrician but he said we would have to go to an ENT as it was REALLY down there.
$250.00 later an ENT has said eraser out of her ear. :rolleyes:
Needless to say I had quite the conversation with her on why she did that.

Before or aftter the eraser was removed? Did she hear any of it?? :)

Yes, finally. I just finished my daughters gold gown from the first movie (my favorite). It's huge. It took 2 months. I'm just waiting for her shoes. They're coming from Canada, from a company that specializes in reproductions from the 16-1800's. They should be here next week. I'll try and post pictures. He's making them out of the same material the dress is made out of (silk brocade).

Actually, I'm going to start packing the costumes today.

Jack tried on his Norrington costume on yesterday. His shoes came in yesterday (from the same company).

He looks smashing!

I weighed my costume the other day it weighs almost 30 lbs. I guess we'll be paying for extra weight and suitcases.

Take care. Say hi to Alan and Adam for us!

So let me get this straight. You are planning to wear 30 lbs. of brocade, leather, etc. In the tropics. In August. :scared:

I can't wait to see your costumes. They sound amazing!
I love the gold Elizabeth dress. If I had any talent, I would have attempted one for myself.

ours were rejected the first time because they were pretty picky about the "centering".

would you have time to take them in to your post office first? Ours had a clear template to place over the photo with all the lines for the composition. DH came home and re-centered/framed them.

:) :wizard:

Sounds like everyone is in full fledged planning mode. I managed to get my tiara princess: yesterday at Claire's...and on sale. I hate going to the mall, but that is the only place close with a Claire's. It is very plain, but I like it.

Cheryl, Sounds like an interesting day. A few years ago my DGS put a bead up his nose and my DH got a call from daycare. He was able to pick him up and get the bead out with a pair of pliers.

K, Sorry about the job situation.:hug:

Chrissie, Love the badges. :wizard: Thanks for all your hard work.

I want to do a trial packing this weekend. Lots of mix and match here too. I have been picking up all those last minute little things over the past few weeks. Still need to find Bonine. Target was out of it yesterday. And some laundry detergent. I don't want to do laundry, but know I can't trust DH to not spill something and I don't have room for 15 days worth of clothes.

We don't know who Disney will make our flight reservations with so we are not sure how many suitcases we will be allowed. We are planning on 3 total, (2 suitcases and a garment bag) so we may have to pay for the extra one...unless it is American in which case we will be paying for all three!!:scared1: My TA said they usually book American or Delta. I won't know for a few more weeks. And even though we booked 1 1/2 years ago I will still have to go by what is in place now for the luggage.

We are smiling. My guys have crew cuts, but I can guarantee my ears aren't showing.

The easiest thing to do is line your family up against a white wall and take their photos. Take your memory card to the instant print machine at Walgreens or CVS It should have a Passport option. Pick the photo and line the face up between the lines on the screen & print. You get 4 passport photos for about $0.25, or whatever your Walgreens charges for a regular 4x6 print.

Incidentally - the cashier at our Walgreens tried to charge $10 for each because they were "Passport photos" since that is what they charge if they take it for you. I had to talk to a manager. All I did was print 4 4x6 photos. Doesn't matter what's on them!

We are smiling. My guys have crew cuts, but I can guarantee my ears aren't showing.

The easiest thing to do is line your family up against a white wall and take their photos. Take your memory card to the instant print machine at Walgreens or CVS It should have a Passport option. Pick the photo and line the face up between the lines on the screen & print. You get 4 passport photos for about $0.25, or whatever your Walgreens charges for a regular 4x6 print.

Incidentally - the cashier at our Walgreens tried to charge $10 for each because they were "Passport photos" since that is what they charge if they take it for you. I had to talk to a manager. All I did was print 4 4x6 photos. Doesn't matter what's on them!

Ok, now I am realizing that my DH had to have used this same type of machine and still did not line up the photos correctly...I don't know whether to grrrrrrr! or laugh...it is behind us, so I will just laugh!!!!!:rotfl: <sigh>

I can't believe some of you are so far ahead of me planning/packing. I have not done anything (well that is except try on my pirate nightdress and formal dress and cry because they are are SSSOOO tight".

I can't believe some of you are so far ahead of me planning/packing. I have not done anything (well that is except try on my pirate nightdress and formal dress and cry because they are are SSSOOO tight".

same here! I am starting to panic a little!:)

co-workers...who needs stinkin co-workers....

Guess what i lost today? (and "my mind" is not a valid answer)

I need your help Counselor...

~K

Sorry to hear this Kristina. Hoping something much better comes your way.

Maybe we can make a door magnet out of it? :confused3

:rotfl2:

I think I'll make a magnet out of it and put it on the fridge. Maybe then I'll actually eat a little less!

My DGD(the almost 4 year old that had Salmonella) decided to see if a Polly Pocket purple high heel shoe could fit up her nose today. :headache: :headache: I am doing my job today and DD calls to see if I could come with her to the Doctors office to watch my DGS. I told John to stay and finish the movies. While she was coming to get me.........two cars ahead of her decided to hit a huge break-away light pole.:scared1: :scared1: The car hit the pole and went into a ditch.:eek: My daughter missed the car in front of her by inches. :eek: The break-away pole flew over three lanes and just missed her car!!! :sad2: My daughter called 911 and the police asked if she could stay by the accident scene. :confused3 She said no she had to rush her daughter to the doctors. The police asked if she need to get an ambulance. Daughter said no.........there was just a shoe up her nose daughter's nose.I think my hair should be totally white by the time we cruise this August. BTW...the doctor did get out the purple shoe.:headache: :headache: :headache:

Glad that everybody's OK. I had to laugh when I imagined the look on the police dispatchers face when your DD told him that there was a shoe up DGD'd nose!

And apparently, when I was really little, I stuck a skeleton up my nose, and the skull stayed there when I pulled it out. My Mom was on the phone with the doctor, when it finally shot out like a cannon, ricocheted off the opposite wall, and hit her.

I am done reassigning kids SM's. They will go out sometime Thursday in batches. Thank you all for understanding. Also for you impatient people :-)teeth: :rotfl: ) first adult ones will go out too! Can u tell I was a busy bee tonight? Haven't stayed up this late since end of April!!!!! LOL

Later Gators. Off to catch some zzzzzzzz's.

Hi Laura. Glad you made it home safely!!! Thanks for your work on the SM's!

Attention Pirates, Swabbies and Wenches!​

pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Chrissie has worked long and hard and come up with the following design for the nametags:

hello%20my%20name%20is.JPG

She is requesting that everyone offer their positive comments and suggestions.

Discuss here!

Maybe that's not the real design.... how about this one?

nametag.jpg

That is very cool!!!

HI all!

Just wanted to say thanks for all your feedback on the name tag..hopefully the name/dis name are large enough for people to be able to read! (I know this was a concern when the idea was first thrown out!)

And really it is no problem...you are wonderful people with helpful (and OFTEN) funny things to say....these are a thanks to YOU in advance for having a part in a wonderful trip!

Helpful hint for those who feel their clothes are a bit snug...
Up your water intake...I drink water all day...while in front of the computer in my car etc,,,and I give myself 2 diet drinks a day (or those who like the coffees etc)

It works for me in a pinch...maybe it will work for you!
Remember you are all beautiful people no matter what you wear or how it looks on you!
(except for Tom and his speedo and crocs! lol:lmao: kidding Tom!)

Chrissie

My DD13 was at a friends house yesterday tie dyeing (sp?) shirts for cheer camp and found out that 2 other cheerleaders from her squad are going on our cruise as well. What are the chances that 2 other families from her school are going? She is so excited. They have camp right before we leave. I will sternly remind her, no excessive cheering. That will drive me nuts. We also found out there is a family from DD10's school that is going as well.

I started my packing/to do list yesterday. I'm not sure how to fit it all in. Oh well. I consider it a challenge.:)

ATTN ALL KIDS SM PARTICPANTS!!!

Did that all catch your attn? :lmao: Good! :thumbsup2

Due to an unfortunate incident, I must ask those that have received e-mails with assigned SM's for their kids to stop. I must reassign all kids over the age of 7 - MEANING - THOSE UNDER 7 ARE GOOD TO GO! REPEAT - THOSE WITH KIDS UNDER AGE 7 ARE FREE TO CONTINUE WITH THEIR ASSIGNED SM.

I know that those in the ages of 7-12 have not received anything - they were assigned but now they must be reassigned. I ask you to please bear with me and stop buying gifts. I believe that many will be getting the same SMs but I must juggle some names around. I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE for this but it cannot be helped. You should be hearing from me soon. I was e-mailing individually but it is taking too dang long so I have decided to post here. I promise to work on this tonight and tomorrow and hope to have new SMs out starting tomorrow. My dear dear husband has decided to step in and help me since I have a major migraine which is really affecting my vision right now.

AND YES, THE ADULTS SM ARE 90% DONE! SO STOP ASKING!

JUST KIDDING! They too will be going out this weekend! Thanks all for understanding. Talk to you all later. Gotta run - being paged! :wave:

Take care of yourself first Laura!:hug:

Good lord! Glad to hear that she is okay but :scared1: !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter