76 days and counting. First time to Disney

AmyC2010

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Fort. For two weeks. Dec. 13th-27th. I am having our clothes shipped through UPS to the Fort. We are taking the train from Albany NY. (Since this is our first trip to Disney. Really honestly this is our first family trip. Girls ages 9 & 10.) Any suggestions on what to pack what not to pack? What clothing to bring? Anything we shouldn't miss out on other than Disney. The girls and I are actually arriving on the 9th to have some girl time. We are definitely going to SeaWorld and Disney. There is so much going on around Disney. LEGOLAND, Universal, ect. Thanks everyone for your help.:)

OOH! We will be there the 19 - 26! My DD is 9. There is a camping list thread on here somewhere.
And this is a good one:
"What Disney tip are You Really Glad you Listened to?"

There is also a December Roll Call thread.

Sorry I don't know how to post the url's.

My DD9, in addition to the parks, is really excited to register for the archery lessons at FW.

As far as what to pack, Are you staying in a cabin, RV or tent? I'd bring clothes for both warm and chilly weather, you never know about December. Be sure to visit the different resorts to see them and the decorations.

Put aside some time to tour the Fort and see the Christmas decorations. Don't try to see and do EVERYTHING. You can see more on your next trip.

By the way, we'll be there at that time for our 14th consecutive Disney Christmas/New Years.

We'll be at The Fort camping Dec. 13-23.

The anticipation is almost tooo much to handle.

And by the way, it's just my hubby and me. Celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and 1st Christmas at WDW.

Since we're in a MH, I have a little more room to bring extra clothing for any type of weather, so shorts, capris, jeans are a must.

We'll be there from the 17th - 28th.
When we go in December we make sure we pack light weight fleece jackets, hats and thin gloves. It can get pretty chilly at night. I will throw in 1 pair of shorts or cargo pants that zip off at the knee in case we have one or two warmer days.

Laundry detergent and dryer sheets are a must. I wouldn't pack 2 weeks worth of clothes, that would be to much to keep track of.
We usually fly and stay for 10 days and we pack 4 sets of clothes and wear 1. We are driving the RV this trip but I still will only pack 7 sets of clothes and I have a laundry day set aside.

As previously posted....r you staying in resort room, cabin, or campsite. Since this is on Camping thread i would imagine a Wonderful FW cabin. I suggest not over packing. Laundry is readily assessable for a few $$. We pack for 5 days. Wash mid-way or as needed. Mostly 1-2 times a trip. Makes packing easier and your shipping fee less too. Any store sells detergent in trial size but I recommend Purex 2 in 1 sheets. Just toss in washer and they can be packed in luggage. Also, its nice to come home to clean clothes and not 20 loads of laundry.

I hear it can be chilly in Dec. so go off previous poster comment on what to pack. We are going in November and I am planning on cool nights, warmer days. So hoodies, sweats, jeans, long warm comfy clothes to hang out in at campground.

Also, send down some stuff for Smores so you can enjoy the Camp-fire sing-along!!!! Roasting sticks can be purchased at camp store.

We also took Amtrak, but took Auto-Train from VA. We loved it. Just an overnight bag with personally items, pillows and blankets are provided but not the best so we packed our own pillows and small Disney throws. I used a long twist-able laundry bag to carry all our pillows and blankets. Which you can use in your room at resort for laundry. Entertainment items for train. And I recommend ear-plugs!!!! Enjoy!!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter