50's Primetime Cafe or Sci-Fi Dine-in

mnlovesdisney

Mouseketeer
We will probably only be able to do one on this trip. There are 7 of us going ranging in ages from 10 to 66 (two kids ages 10 and 14, the rest adults). Which would you do? Thanks for your input.

this is a highly debated question.

I vote 50's...only because I think the menu is better there and you can actually all sit together. (larger parties sometimes get split up at Sci-Fi)

you'll enjoy the menu at 50s...trust me...GREAT food!

Both are very good restaurants. I would say the food at 50's is a little better, but you just can't beat the sci-fi theme. The 50's CMs can get a little "annoying" at times, at least for me.

I don't really like the same old routine they do when your trying to eat. But, the last time I ate there, I think they could sense I really was'nt in to it and we had a peaceful meal.

If I had to chose one I would pick Sci-Fi. There must be somthing about watching old movies and commercials that gets me.

I think it comes down to what atmosphere your group wants. We enjoy both. The 50's is interaction with the CM's and is a lot of fun but if its not your groups thing its not the place to go. The Sci-fi atmosphere is good with the replica cars as tables but if your group wants to set together I think the cars can seat 6 unless you have small ones.

Sci-Fi for my family. None of us really enjoys the atmosphere at the 50's. My children love the themeing at the Sci-Fi and my DH and I found it to be cool, dark, and relaxing. Burgers and shakes are perfect for my kids anyway.

I would say 50's prime time. With that many people you would not get to sit together at Sci-Fi. The food is good at 50's Prime time and if you don't like the "mom" act you can always let them know and they will stop right away. The atmosphere is great there also and i think with that many adults they would probably like it there better anyway.

My friend and I always love both when we go, but if I had to choose, I love Sci Fi. The theming, the ambience and the darkness can be very relaxing for us. And if you get the glow cubes, it's really cool. The menu is probably a little better at 50s (they ahve better desserts). Both are great, but if your group isn't into the 50s PT cafe theming, it will be lost on them. I'm sure the CMs are sensitive enough to be able to pick up on those who arn't as enthusiastic to getting chided or scolded during their meals! :D

personallly I'd skip both and go to Brown Derby if you want good food!:) !

scifi is slow slow slow slow slow , food ok, atmosphere very cute.
50's is not as slow, food ok, atmosphere cute

kids might like scifi better, 66 yr olds might get more of a kick out of 50's and memories!

I wouldn't go to scifi if you are commando types or in a hurry..the wait might drive you nuts .we were there in slow Jan.& it was about 2 hr total for the meal ( soup and a burger) including waiting 45min with PS)

I went to both restaurants on my most recent trip (on the same day come to think of it) and 50's Prime Time is a must. The menu options were slightly better than Sci-Fi and you just can't beat the service.

The big screen "drive-in" setting was fun at the Sci-Fi, but the 50's was just much more enjoyable IMO. Plus I am sorta bias towards 50's Prime Time Cafe as my best friend works there.

Just be prepared for some unusual things to happen at 50's, put your elbows on the table while you're eating and you'll see what I mean!

But with your party size I would have to recommend Prime Time Cafe. There is no way for your group to sit together because of the way the cars are made. You would be looking at the back of the rest of your group's heads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter