50 Points Enough?

How is your split stay? Is it a pain booking wise? I am kind of thinking about this with VGF.
We did split stay this past December. 3 nights at VGF resort studio (to enjoy MVMCP & the restaurants on the monorail loop), and BWV 1 Bedroom for the last 7 nights. We just used Uber to move and left our luggage with BWV Bell Services until our room was ready. Easy. :) We are two adults and get by with one carry on suitcase each. Not sure I'd want to do it with small children or more luggage, though. I don't mind using the washer & dryer - it really cuts down on the clothes we need to pack.

Booking was easy - we have a small contract at VGF, our main contract is at BWV and I almost always book at 11 months.

We did split stay this past December. 3 nights at VGF resort studio (to enjoy MVMCP & the restaurants on the monorail loop), and BWV 1 Bedroom for the last 7 nights. We just used Uber to move and left our luggage with BWV Bell Services until our room was ready. Easy. :) We are two adults and get by with one carry on suitcase each. Not sure I'd want to do it with small children or more luggage, though. I don't mind using the washer & dryer - it really cuts down on the clothes we need to pack.

Booking was easy - we have a small contract at VGF, our main contract is at BWV and I almost always book at 11 months.

I do love VGF also. I might consider a 50-50 split BWV/VGF. Those resort studios look incredible. Are they impossible to get in December 7 months out?

I do love VGF also. I might consider a 50-50 split BWV/VGF. Those resort studios look incredible. Are they impossible to get in December 7 months out?
Could be a challenge. Hard to judge just yet. The resort studios just became available in June of 2022. You will definitely need to attempt to book the instant the 7 month window opens.

We loved them. They are beautiful, IMO.

I am considering a small contract once I finalize my initial resale purchase

It may pay to buy direct on that one

Having recently purchased a 50 pt contract at a new resort (plenty of points at another). I find 50 points really challenging to be flexible. You have to be far more committed to it. Bank the 50 and really think about year two. It is even nice on our bigger contract to maybe book an extra day and get rid of it.

Having recently purchased a 50 pt contract at a new resort (plenty of points at another). I find 50 points really challenging to be flexible. You have to be far more committed to it. Bank the 50 and really think about year two. It is even nice on our bigger contract to maybe book an extra day and get rid of it.
I’m sure you are right. I think we are going to get another 50-100 point resale same resort same UY to make it easier. I’m sure we can rent the extra day or 2 if we need to. The only thing stopping me is the high dues that are only going to keep increasing.

A 50 point contract at BWV will get you at least 5 nights in a garden/Pool studio sun-thurs except in the highest season which is around Xmax/NYE and then Easter.

If you really think you are going to stick to your guns and stay in a studio every other year then the math checks out.

A 50 point contract at BWV will get you at least 5 nights in a garden/Pool studio sun-thurs except in the highest season which is around Xmax/NYE and then Easter.

If you really think you are going to stick to your guns and stay in a studio every other year then the math checks out.
Yeah we may want a 1-2 bedroom occasionally so I know we will definitely need more points.

I think 50 points is just not enough. You should get twice as much, or more, if you can. I REALLY don't think you would ever REGRET having the additional points. But DO make sure they are the same resort and Use Year, so you can roll them into one account. 50 points each in two different accounts would just be frustrating. I kind of run into that because I have Animal Kingdom points with two different Use Years and I always wish they were together. I get by and make it work, but it is just an extra hassle.

I would NOT recommend buying the additional points at BCV or Riviera. 50 points scattered out here and there just IS NOT ENOUGH to be comfortable with. At 7 months to 11 months you would have to book at two different resorts and only try to combine them into one resort after 7 months, and by that point EVERYONE else is booking, too, and it is hard.

I say this from experience. I have over 1000 points at 3 different resorts (AK, Poly and BLT) so I have enough to play around with and I can ALWAYS get something I like, BUT, I have a lot of points. If I had less, I can see exactly how hard it would be.

Trust me on this. Get the same resort and Use Year.
I took your advice and just had my offer accepted on another 100 point BWV sane UY so I’ll have 150 points. 300 bc we will likely go every other year. I also wanted the flexibility for when we want to switch at 7 months we can have a comfortable stay with the higher point charts. Thank you for the advice!

facebook twitter