5 months in the Most Magical Place on Earth...my College Program TR

I'm in. One of my DD17 totally wants to do this during her college time. We are excited to read your TR & learn even more. Congratulation on your marriage. What an exciting time in your life for you!

Really loving your TR so far! Reading about your experience is especially great to me because I've been thinking more and more about doing the college program, but I most likely would do it after I graduate in spring 2014. Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

This is all so interesting..I guess I never even thought about living arrangements, etc. And I'm such a Disney geek too. When I went to AEP, (agent education program) the schooling was so exciting. the only time in my life I liked school!

yay for CP's! I bet no matter how much you write...EVERYTHING still won't be said...lol. Oh the joys and memories of being in the DCP.

Great update!!

The housing is so interesting... i can't wait to hear what happened when you arrived at casting :)

Hope you have a great Christmas! :santa:

I am loving this thread - As a Florida native, I've been to WDW more than I can count and I have always been so curious about those students doing their internships there - this is really very interesting - thanks for sharing.

Also, I am happy you are doing this because for the first time ever, I will be going to Cinderella's Royal Table in February for my daughter's birthday! so it's even cooler that this is where you worked. Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

I'm in. One of my DD17 totally wants to do this during her college time. We are excited to read your TR & learn even more. Congratulation on your marriage. What an exciting time in your life for you!

That's great! Hopefully my trip report will give your DD some good info :) And thank you for the congratulations!! :goodvibes

Really loving your TR so far! Reading about your experience is especially great to me because I've been thinking more and more about doing the college program, but I most likely would do it after I graduate in spring 2014. Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Doing it after graduation was great for me! It was nice not having to worry about getting credit for the program or trying to take classes while I was down there -- more time for playing in the parks! :banana:

This is all so interesting..I guess I never even thought about living arrangements, etc. And I'm such a Disney geek too. When I went to AEP, (agent education program) the schooling was so exciting. the only time in my life I liked school!

Yea, until our trip in May 2010 when I had really started thinking about the CP, I hadn't thought about the "behind the scenes" stuff of the CP...I took 2 classes during the CP and LOVED my Disney one :goodvibes

Great update!!

The housing is so interesting... i can't wait to hear what happened when you arrived at casting :)

Hope you have a great Christmas! :santa:

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you as well :goodvibes I have a Casting post queued up so look out for that soon :cool1:

I am loving this thread - As a Florida native, I've been to WDW more than I can count and I have always been so curious about those students doing their internships there - this is really very interesting - thanks for sharing.

Also, I am happy you are doing this because for the first time ever, I will be going to Cinderella's Royal Table in February for my daughter's birthday! so it's even cooler that this is where you worked. Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

I'm so excited that you guys will be going to CRT in February! :banana: I had never even set foot in the restaurant before my CP but it is definitely a magical place :wizard:

There was a “tour guide” on our bus on the way to Casting that was explaining all about what was going to happen in the next few days and gave us some fun facts about the program. Did you know that cast members get priority seating at Planet Hollywood? I didn’t…and I never thought I would use it…but I did :rotfl:

Before I knew it we were pulling up to this beautiful building…

SXzUL.jpg

As soon as we walked in we were directed towards a line…welcome to DisneyWorld! :rotfl: There were no fast passes for the casting lines and trust me, there were A LOT of lines. At the beginning everyone was SO excited…we were finally in Disney and taking the first steps to becoming a cast member! AND we were about to find out where we were going to be working!!

As the line moved up, we all got more and more anxious. Finally, I got to the first checkpoint and gave them my name…they ask to see your program guide and then they put a sticker on the back. I loved that sticker…because it said “Cinderella’s seater”!!!! I was going to be working in Cinderella’s Castle! :jumping1:

Now, I know there are finer restaurants at WDW but I really couldn’t think of a better work location for the next 5 months. Everyday I was going to be inside THE castle…arguably the biggest icon of WDW :lovestruc I was going to be working with the princesses and be creating magic for the families that came to eat there :lovestruc I was beyond excited.

There was another long line after we were given our work locations but it seemed to go pretty quickly because we were all sharing our locations. As I mentioned in the cast of characters section, Lisa was placed at Kona in the Polynesian, Katie was going to be lifeguarding at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian and Belle was assigned the Great Movie Ride at Hollywood Studios.

We went through a lot of stations during our morning at casting…payroll, background check, fingerprinting, and the “Disney Look” inspections (which were very intimidating I might add :rotfl2:)

At some point, I was separated from the roomies. I sent mommy a text and asked her to pick me up from casting so we could go to Chatham. At the end of the casting experience, I was given my training schedule and then a photopass photographer took my picture in front of a giant postcard :cool1:

Seriously, how pretty is the casting building? Wouldn’t you love to work here everyday?

qvgJc.jpg

7NdoN.jpg

9sPfX.jpg

sounds like you had an awesome time! I wish I got to do the CP when I was in college

I am enjoying your report! I am interested in doing the College Program so seeing this is really helping! I am really nervous as I am not away from my family very often and we are really close. So I am wondering was it hard from you to be away from family?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter