5 months in the Most Magical Place on Earth...my College Program TR

Helloooooooo is anyone there . . . there . . there. Where has everyone gone? Has the OP abandoned ship? :lmao::rolleyes1

No seriously . . . is this TR over?

Hey everyone! Please forgive me!! :worship:

Demanding job, preparing for a move to Hawaii :-)banana:), family, friends, and that never-ending pile of laundry have gotten in the way of my trip report writing...how rude! :lmao:

BUT! I will be back soon...I have some free mornings this week :goodvibes

Is the move official now?

We haven't purchased our plane tickets yet but have started the process of the blood tests for our dog (he's the hardest part of getting ready to move so far! :rotfl:) and gotten the OK from Alex's boss. We have our housing lined up as well so its not official but pretty darn close :thumbsup2

We haven't purchased our plane tickets yet but have started the process of the blood tests for our dog (he's the hardest part of getting ready to move so far! :rotfl:) and gotten the OK from Alex's boss. We have our housing lined up as well so its not official but pretty darn close :thumbsup2

That is awesome about your move to Hawaii. Does your mom live there? I have some friends who live in Oakland, CA and are wanting to move to hawaii also.

And I was only kidding about you abandoning ship ::yes::

I would love to live in Hawaii!!:goodvibes Ive only visited once back in 1984 and would love to go back. Its just so expensive for flights for 6:scared1:
How exciting for you:)

Finally caught up! That's exciting that you're moving to Hawaii :)

HELLO! I'm back after a crazy long absence! Sorry to leave you guys hanging.

About halfway through my program, all of us from CRT really started to hang out a lot more outside of work. One night, we were all craving Steak and Shake and so we decided to head there right after our shift :)

At CRT, you could be scheduled on two kinds of closing shifts. If the last seating of the restaurant was at 10PM, you could either be scheduled until a little bit after that (like 10:15 -- can't remember the exact times, sorry!) or you could be scheduled until 11PM or 1130PM. If you were scheduled the longer shift, you were responsible for getting all of the side work done and making sure there were enough napkins folded for the next day. The great thing about our little group at CRT was that everyone always stayed until the sidework was done. The ones who were due out at 10:15PM would clock out and then sit and help fold napkins so that the people scheduled later could be done faster :thumbsup2 A lot of times the chef would bring down food for us too so it wasn't such a bad gig :rotfl:

SO after making sure all 23 bins of napkins were full, we headed off to get a treat at Steak and Shake!

Here is Ashley and I on the bus that takes MK Cast Members from the utilidors to the parking lot...

PKwZh.jpg

All smooshed in the car...

Vhlmr.jpg

Zoe wasn't working but met up with us anyways :)...

3mZsu.jpg

We had milkshakes, some got food, and we had a good time :goodvibes I really wish wad Steak and Shake in California! YUM

I just read through this entire TR - love it!

Now, excuse me if this has been answered already because for the most part, I only read your updates, not conversation with other posters -

Is the college on your nametag the college you graduated from, or the community college you enrolled in so you could be in CP?

I have a question too...I grew up in FL many many years ago. My brother worked at Epcot. They did not leave WDW property with costumes. They had to change back into street clothes before leaving. Has that changed? :confused3 It just seems strange to see you all at Steak and Shake with your Disney costumes on...kind of loses the magic. :worried:

:yay:Yea, you're back!! Although it seems like you have pretty good reasons for a break! Moving to Hawaii sounds awesome. We've visited there twice and my husband would move there in a heartbeat. It's a little too far from family for me unless I could take them all with me.:goodvibes

So..........anyway..........that's really cool how you all helped each other out at CRT. It looks like you enjoyed Steak & Shake. They have the best dark chocolate shake............mmmmmm!! Now, I've gotta get my mind off that.....:rotfl2:

Congrats on the move to Hawaii! How exciting!

I was wondering the same thing about the uniforms off property? Maybe because I'm kind of obsessed with the secrecy of 'back stage' :rotfl:

I didnt know you could wear the costumes outside of the parks either. I dont think I like that so much....but I do LOVE me some Steak n Shake:cool1: We used to eat there all the time in the 70's when I lived in FL. Now, I only get Steak n Shake when we travel south! Our whole family loves it:goodvibes

I would love to live in Hawaii!!:goodvibes Ive only visited once back in 1984 and would love to go back. Its just so expensive for flights for 6:scared1:
How exciting for you:)

I can't even imagine having to buy flights for 6 :scared1: You will definitely have to get back there though...maybe with a special someone :goodvibes

Just found this TR. Loving it!

Glad to have you here!

I just read through this entire TR - love it!

Now, excuse me if this has been answered already because for the most part, I only read your updates, not conversation with other posters -

Is the college on your nametag the college you graduated from, or the community college you enrolled in so you could be in CP?

Welcome!! My nametag had the name of the community college that I was enrolled in at the time of application on it. But, I could have gone to casting to order a new one with either my hometown or alma mater :thumbsup2

I have a question too...I grew up in FL many many years ago. My brother worked at Epcot. They did not leave WDW property with costumes. They had to change back into street clothes before leaving. Has that changed? :confused3 It just seems strange to see you all at Steak and Shake with your Disney costumes on...kind of loses the magic. :worried:

There were definitely no rules about having to change back into street clothes before leaving property. Normally I did anyways because I preferred to go home in my street clothes but sometimes it worked out where you came to work in costume and had to leave in costume. Not sure if it is different for Epcot :confused3

:yay:Yea, you're back!! Although it seems like you have pretty good reasons for a break! Moving to Hawaii sounds awesome. We've visited there twice and my husband would move there in a heartbeat. It's a little too far from family for me unless I could take them all with me.:goodvibes

So..........anyway..........that's really cool how you all helped each other out at CRT. It looks like you enjoyed Steak & Shake. They have the best dark chocolate shake............mmmmmm!! Now, I've gotta get my mind off that.....:rotfl2:

I know what you mean about it being so far from Hawaii! I will definitely miss having my mom so close but she is a retired airline professional so she can fly free to visit -- makes it more bearable! :cool1:

Personally, I have been dreaming about the half-banana, half-chocolate shake since writing this update! :lmao:

Congrats on the move to Hawaii! How exciting!

I was wondering the same thing about the uniforms off property? Maybe because I'm kind of obsessed with the secrecy of 'back stage' :rotfl:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Yea, there are no rules regarding removing costumes from property. But for face/fur characters that's a different story!

The first time I saw off-duty cast members with costumes on at WalMart I was pretty surprised but you quickly learn that it isn't always feasible to change in and out of street clothes when beginning and/or ending your shift. ;)

I didnt know you could wear the costumes outside of the parks either. I dont think I like that so much....but I do LOVE me some Steak n Shake:cool1: We used to eat there all the time in the 70's when I lived in FL. Now, I only get Steak n Shake when we travel south! Our whole family loves it:goodvibes

Yea, I understand what you mean about the costumes....that particular Steak and Shake is FULL of cast members on any given night about an hour or two after park closing (so usually very early in the morning). Glance around the dining room and will spot a table full of Jungle Cruise skippers here, a group of Fantasyland friends there, and usually no other guests.

If you are ever in the Lake Buena Vista area and need an MK fix, I suggest that Steak and Shake :rotfl:

I know what you're talking about. I did my CP in 1997 and most CM's were not allowed to head home with their costumes, let alone wearing them. We were not allowed to be seen in everyday life while still in the costume (store, restaurant, etc) and it could lead to termination.

I worked at the World of Disney, so I was allowed to wear mine to and from work being that the Costuming Dept. for DTD/PI closed at a certain time so we were allowed to come and go but they were very strict about everyone else.

When we did our college group photos at MK, the CM's who worked at the parks, resorts, etc were allowed to bring home a costume for that day only but they had set rules to abide by and had a timeline to get that costume back to their individual Depts. I had 3 roomies at MK and 2 who were at the resorts and none of them were allowed to leave their work places before changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter