5/24/24, PVB association license amendment (5/30/24 updated to Approved)…confirmed adding tower weeks

It may be a good time to consider a resale Riviera contract.

My fear with RIV resale is for the next 10 years if RIV doesn’t have the availability I’m looking for during a trip window I’m either banking or renting those points. It’s much easier for me to just use my PVB resale points to book anywhere else.

We enjoy BCV, VGF, WL, AKL, Poly, RIV and plan to stay BWV in the future so having restricted points doesn’t give us any freedom booking inside 7 months.

We own 350 total and don’t plan on adding on right now. In the future I’d like to get up to 500 but the thought of 4-5k of annual dues turns me off right now. We also plan to start cruising with DCL so we don’t have as much pressure on more points right now.

What? … He can go to prison. Insider trading includes passing along material information that can affect stock prices, that has not been publicly disclosed to shareholders. You don’t have to be the original source, you are complicit if you share the information.
I know what Insider Trading is. I have no clue what it has to do with Tikiman sharing inside info on a public page/forum. I must be out of the loop on a specific incident that you're referencing.

Sharing info that's been shared with you, regardless of the content or it's significance, isn't nearly enough to throw around the term insider trading.

Regardless of what letters Disney legal has sent him, this whole topic is a little silly. We don't need to pester him about his info, and he's more than competent enough to only share the info that he knows is appropriate to share at the time.

Some of you seem to know some story about Tikiman that I'm not privy to, but it would be great if you’d just share that story instead of assuming bad intent on my part.

It’s not typically considered problematic to say “hey here’s where you can find this person on the internet to ask them a question”.

But apparently I set some people off doing that and I’m still not really clear on why.

Some of you seem to know some story about Tikiman that I'm not privy to, but it would be great if you’d just share that story instead of assuming bad intent on my part.

It’s not typically considered problematic to say “hey here’s where you can find this person on the internet to ask them a question”.

But apparently I set some people off doing that and I’m still not really clear on why.
I have no firsthand knowledge of this situation. What I understand from reading the anecdotal history, is that there was (past tense) a privileged source of information. Disney was unhappy with the disclosure of sensitive information and sent a cease-and-desist letter.

Wouldn't any future additions still have to have 40+ years left on the deed though? Meaning the only remaining unrestricted resort they could still add on to would be CCV?
I know that new projects need to be at least 40 years. I am not sure iit applies to additions in the same way…I have to look that up again.

But an expansion isn’t anything different than say, AUL, which they can still sell.

I know that they didn’t meet the 40 year with CCV, but did they make it new because of that, or because it would be hard to sell a 28 year old contract?

My fear with RIV resale is for the next 10 years if RIV doesn’t have the availability I’m looking for during a trip window I’m either banking or renting those points. It’s much easier for me to just use my PVB resale points to book anywhere else.

We enjoy BCV, VGF, WL, AKL, Poly, RIV and plan to stay BWV in the future so having restricted points doesn’t give us any freedom booking inside 7 months.

We own 350 total and don’t plan on adding on right now. In the future I’d like to get up to 500 but the thought of 4-5k of annual dues turns me off right now. We also plan to start cruising with DCL so we don’t have as much pressure on more points right now.

I agree that one needs to be able to book during home resort period if one is going to buy a restricted resort like RiV.

If one can’t, then it’s pretty risky to own if you don’t have any other contracts or points to use.

I know what Insider Trading is. I have no clue what it has to do with Tikiman sharing inside info on a public page/forum. I must be out of the loop on a specific incident that you're referencing.

Sharing info that's been shared with you, regardless of the content or it's significance, isn't nearly enough to throw around the term insider trading.

Regardless of what letters Disney legal has sent him, this whole topic is a little silly. We don't need to pester him about his info, and he's more than competent enough to only share the info that he knows is appropriate to share at the time.
It doesn’t mean that you specifically are trading. It means that you have a duty to keep non public material confidential. Because once you share it, you can’t control how it is used, even if you don’t intend for anyone to trade with it.

It doesn’t mean that you specifically are trading. It means that you have a duty to keep non public material confidential. Because once you share it, you can’t control how it is used, even if you don’t intend for anyone to trade with it.
I don’t mean to be rude, but this is obviously not your area of expertise. Perhaps we should get back on the topic of the thread and not securities law.

I don’t mean to be rude, but this is obviously not your area of expertise. Perhaps we should get back on the topic of the thread and not securities law.
Do any of the more knowledgeable folks on this thread think we’ll (finally) learn what amenities the tower will have before they open for cash bookings in less than 10 days? Is it too much to hope we’ll get info on the mystery holes?

Do any of the more knowledgeable folks on this thread think we’ll (finally) learn what amenities the tower will have before they open for cash bookings in less than 10 days? Is it too much to hope we’ll get info on the mystery holes?

I think if they are making those a CL lounge, we will get some insight.

If not, my guess is at least the food options will be shared, along with the room sizes, and what each has as well as how many they sleep.

My interest is in the studios to see how they compare to the current ones as that might give us insight in to how they point price them.

I think if they are making those a CL lounge, we will get some insight.

If not, my guess is at least the food options will be shared, along with the room sizes, and what each has as well as how many they sleep.

My interest is in the studios to see how they compare to the current ones as that might give us insight in to how they point price them.
The next 4 days need to hurry up. I don’t have the patience for this

I’m just waiting for the next project to drop…we got news of PVB tower shortly after sales of BPK started..,.cabins right after VDH started…so, what is up next with this project starting in the next few months!
I personally hope they take a breather.... I think DVC is overextending itself... Unless the plan is to do more Riviera style teardown and conversions from Moderate to Deluxe...

I personally hope they take a breather.... I think DVC is overextending itself... Unless the plan is to do more Riviera style teardown and conversions from Moderate to Deluxe...
I expect we'll see a continued build-out until just before 2042, at which point they'll be mostly done, just rinse-and-repeating resorts as they expire until the heat death of the universe.

How about extending the galactic starcruiser site into a larger star wars hotel. People complained it wasn’t a “real” hotel as it didn’t have a pool, and the LARP aspect (and associated costs) was too much for all but the most dedicated fans.

There looks to be room to grow if they replaced the driveway and lobby entrance. They could add extra wings with different themes like rebel base, imperial star destroyer, coruscant, so that the room count could be more viable for a hotel rather than experience. This could include pools in the rebel section (rainforest theme) and coruscant (roman bath’s like feel, maybe with the spa).

Not sure it would be suitable for DVC, but would be deluxe level due to theming and location with its back entrance to HS via galaxies edge.
I mean, I think this would be REALLY cool, but it isn't going to happen. The theming is top notch but those Galactic Starcruiser rooms were TEENY. The second that you try to stack them up against even value tier rooms they are going to end up big losers. Without the LARP aspect what you have is no views, tiny sqft, no storage, and no transportation besides busses. I love the concept of a star wars hotel and I love your ideas but if/when they do it (which they may never try at this point due to the colossal failure of GS) they will pick a different site and situation for it. I would think California might be a more likely location than FL anyway due to proximity to silicon valley and all the tech related money on the west coast.

I'm impatiently waiting.... It's going to be a long week. I just want to know if the studios will sleep 5 like the longhouses or just sleep 4 like VDH. The dining info will be great too. They'll probably release the room info right before MS phones open.

I mean, I think this would be REALLY cool, but it isn't going to happen. The theming is top notch but those Galactic Starcruiser rooms were TEENY. The second that you try to stack them up against even value tier rooms they are going to end up big losers. Without the LARP aspect what you have is no views, tiny sqft, no storage, and no transportation besides busses. I love the concept of a star wars hotel and I love your ideas but if/when they do it (which they may never try at this point due to the colossal failure of GS) they will pick a different site and situation for it. I would think California might be a more likely location than FL anyway due to proximity to silicon valley and all the tech related money on the west coast.
I too would love a Star Wars themed hotel without the dress-up and role-play aspects which, as I predicted and as it turned out, were nowhere near as popular as the designers hoped, and held about as much appeal for me as having to role-play as someone visiting a turn-of-the-century beach resort when staying at the Grand Floridian would have. I agree that it is unlikely the squat, ugly existing building could be converted for this purpose, though; much easier to demolish it and start over if they wanted to go in that direction.

I'm waiting for the club level news. Make it happen Disney. 😂
If a club level would have to be supported by Dues, then I am a big no. I have no desire to subsidize a club level lounge. Let the people that stay there pay for that.

Latest posts

facebook twitter