4th of July trip

astag05

Mouseketeer
Looking at upgrading from CB to Contemporary Garden wing which will run $790 more for 5 nights. Do you think it’s worth the additional cost to have monorail access and walking access? We visit frequently, but we’ve never been during 4th. Thinking it would be nice to have that option to walk in on 4th at MK, but it would also be nice to have the extra money toward next trip.
Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Looking at upgrading from CB to Contemporary Garden wing which will run $790 more for 5 nights. Do you think it’s worth the additional cost to have monorail access and walking access? We visit frequently, but we’ve never been during 4th. Thinking it would be nice to have that option to walk in on 4th at MK, but it would also be nice to have the extra money toward next trip.
Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I would switch to CR GW. Being able to walk to and from MK on the 4th of July would be well worth any upcharge to me. I am biased toward convenience, the Contemporary, and the Garden Wing, so there's that :)

I would switch to CR GW. Being able to walk to and from MK on the 4th of July would be well worth any upcharge to me. I am biased toward convenience, the Contemporary, and the Garden Wing, so there's that :)
Thank you! That’s what I’m really thinking too. I just needed some reassurance.

So I will play devil's advocate... Is walking on the 4th worth $790 dollars? I imagine you will be visiting other parks and not just MK. So I look at it as you are spending all that extra just to walk to/from one park. If it were me I would save the $ for the next trip. To each their own though.

Also, I don't know your situation, but have you looked into renting DVC points? I did that 2 weeks ago for July 2-4 and then had to get a reservation for one additional night elsewhere before we get on the Wish July 5. You might be able to swing BLT or another MK area DVC for less money.

The 4th at MK will be busy. To me any walking access is not worth it for entry but for exit. If you plan on closing the park I would say yes. You can also consider a split stay. The one time I was there for the 4th the parks were not crowded after that date. We also did not go to the parks on the 4th sorry that type of crowded does not appeal to us for Disney at least. Another option to put it out there is WL there is both a bus and boat. The boat ride is nice maybe 10 minutes the bus ride is less. But yes you may have to wait for either but the wait will be short being how close the resort is.

So I will play devil's advocate... Is walking on the 4th worth $790 dollars? I imagine you will be visiting other parks and not just MK. So I look at it as you are spending all that extra just to walk to/from one park. If it were me I would save the $ for the next trip. To each their own though.

Also, I don't know your situation, but have you looked into renting DVC points? I did that 2 weeks ago for July 2-4 and then had to get a reservation for one additional night elsewhere before we get on the Wish July 5. You might be able to swing BLT or another MK area DVC for less money.
I’ve checked into DVC in the past and our AP discount has always been cheaper than what renting DVC points would be, but I’ll look into it again just in case. Thanks

The 4th at MK will be busy. To me any walking access is not worth it for entry but for exit. If you plan on closing the park I would say yes. You can also consider a split stay. The one time I was there for the 4th the parks were not crowded after that date. We also did not go to the parks on the 4th sorry that type of crowded does not appeal to us for Disney at least. Another option to put it out there is WL there is both a bus and boat. The boat ride is nice maybe 10 minutes the bus ride is less. But yes you may have to wait for either but the wait will be short being how close the resort is.
I’d love to stay at WL, but unfortunately for the size of my family it’s almost 2x the cost of the Contemp. We are saving WL for our Christmas trip.
Now the split stay is something I am looking into also. I love split stays. My husband not so much lol

The Tower rooms offer fantastic views of Bay Lake and potentially even fireworks from Magic Kingdom. Plus, having monorail and walking access to Magic Kingdom is super convenient, especially during the 4th of July. This means you can quickly hop over to the park or retreat back to your room if needed without waiting for transportation.

However, if you're visiting Disney World frequently or prefer to save some cash for your next trip, sticking with the Garden wing might be a better choice. You can always catch a bus to Magic Kingdom, which takes a bit longer but still gets the job done.

I would stay at CBR and go to MK on July 3rd and Epcot on July 4th. MK is less crowded on July 3rd than on July 4th, and they show the same fireworks both days. The July 4th fireworks at Epcot are definitely worth seeing. And you can take the Skyliner back to the resort. :)

For $158/night that almost seems like a deal.
Personally I would switch.

Would you get any EEH if you went with a deluxe? That could factor in too.

If $$ were a big factor then of course stay with CBR, but since you are considering it I’m guessing it’s in your budget.
So I say go for it!

For $158/night that almost seems like a deal.
Personally I would switch.

Would you get any EEH if you went with a deluxe? That could factor in too.

If $$ were a big factor then of course stay with CBR, but since you are considering it I’m guessing it’s in your budget.
So I say go for it!
Yes, with the EEH we would get to stay in MK until 1am on the 3rd. We love staying in the park until closing time so that just may seal the deal along with being able to walk into MK. We’ve stayed at Contemp before in the main building. This will be our first stay in the garden wing.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest