4 year old on RnR

Bork

Goofy about Disney
Yes, my kids are giants. DS13 is 5'11" and DD4 is 48" with shoes. Would you take a 4 year old on RnR?

Depends on the 4 year old! Our DD was a daredevil and would have loved it at 4, our son not so much. Our DGD at 6 was very disappointed that she was too short then and couldn’t wait to ride it at age 8 when she finally had the opportunity, whereas her stepbrother also age 8 wouldn’t ride until his older brother did it and told him about it.

So, does your DD like rollercoasters in general? Maybe watch a YouTube video of RnR and talk about how it goes upside down (but so quickly it’s over before you realize it).

I don't think I've seen a kid under about 8 on RNR on any of the times I've been on it. But, if she meets the height requirement and wants to go then you can take her. I will say, be prepared for her to be freaked out. It's dark and loud. It's more an emotional maturity issue than a size one. Also, it gives my DH vertigo so if she has any motion sickness issues, I wouldn't.

My DD was 10 when she first rode it. She got banged around quite a bit between the shoulder harness things since her head was in between them. She hasn’t wanted to ride again until now-6 years later.

I doubt it. Have they ridden things like Everest or Space Mtn and enjoyed them?

She loves rides (loved Splash), but not the dark (didn't like HM). Good point about the loud and dark. I'm also a little nervous about her doing a looping coaster. We'll probably skip DHS this time. But we'll see how she does on Space Mountain this time.

I doubt it. Have they ridden things like Everest or Space Mtn and enjoyed them?

She was too short for space mountain and Everest last time and big thunder was closed. But she has done other smaller coasters.

My daughter is 5, and if she were tall enough I would allow her to ride. My husband and I call her our little adrenaline junkie. She loves all the coasters. I am normally the one that says no more because I don't want to go on the ride again. You know your child best. If you think she can handle it then I say go for it. You mentioned that she doesn't like HM. I don't think that's an indicator of anything. My daughter hates the HM. She actually doesn't like Soarin' of FOP either. However she loves BTMR, SDMT, EE, TT, TOT, Space and Splash Mountain. I think you try Space Mountain and EE and then evaluate.

Yes, my kids are giants. DS13 is 5'11" and DD4 is 48" with shoes. Would you take a 4 year old on RnR?

Sure, as long as she is tall enough. My daughter started riding Space Mountain at 3 and Rock n Roller Coaster at 4. She's 22 now and is still scared of Dinosaur and Haunted Mansion though.

Every child is different. My DS19 has ridden roller coasters since he was little. As soon as he could ride them, he did. In fact, at one amusement park, we had to make him stop riding them over and over because his nose started bleeding. My DS21 still won't ride them! With that said, I think I would err on the side of caution since she is "48" with shoes." I would just feel safer waiting.

My 6 yo loved it. But she had ridden every single other thrill ride at WDW and loved them, as well as some local theme park coasters.

nope. Took my 4 year old niece on Tower of Terror because other kids her age on the bus said they did it and weren't scared. That was a mistake, she still has nightmares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter