4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

I also received a call back concerning my email.

Like you, I felt that they heard what I was saying.

And I was outright told that they were fielding a lot of these calls.

I was also given a direct number in case I needed to contact them again.

I am still not happy about the change. But I am willing to give them a chance to do this right.

If it isn't done right, to my thoughts, I will be calling them on it.

WHAT'S THE NUMBER??

Um, no.

Sorry, it is a direct number to the person that called me. They have my number and I have theirs. I wouldn't want them to hand my number out to everyone, I will give them the same courtesy.

The call came because of the email that I sent.

Same here. Called me. Gave me her name and number if I wished to call her back about anything.

@manning I suggest if you wish to speak with someone to write an email and wait for them to call you.

I have heard tales of badly behaved dogs on the buses. Claims of service dog nature, but behaviour doesn't match the claim.

Just an FYI, as per the earlier conversation about "Will Disney put non dog bringing guests in with dogs?"

Seeing reports on the Port Orleans.org facebook page, someone was just checked into one of the buildings with dogs, who does not have a dog.

So, yea, that's happening.

Knowing WDW, they are really just creating yet another upsell room category.

Pool - Theme Park - Not by dogs

Just an FYI, as per the earlier conversation about "Will Disney put non dog bringing guests in with dogs?"

Seeing reports on the Port Orleans.org facebook page, someone was just checked into one of the buildings with dogs, who does not have a dog.

I feel like this is kind of a "duh" moment. Disney isn't just going to leave rooms empty because a dog is next door. You are also not going to have enough dogs at one time to always fill up a certain building or section.

I don't do Facebook so will have to ask did the guests request an allergy free/dog free room?

I feel like this is kind of a "duh" moment. Disney isn't just going to leave rooms empty because a dog is next door. You are also not going to have enough dogs at one time to always fill up a certain building or section.

Oh I know, but some folks were under the impression this wouldn't happen, just wanted to confirm that it is being reported now. Just so we all know.

They didn't. They said they would try it out and see how it goes, and if necessary will talk to the front desk about being moved.

Thanks for the reply! Did the front desk tell them a dog had been in the room or how did they know it was a dog room (building where Disney had said dogs would be allowed?)

Before I post my opinion, I have a disclaimer. I love dogs. I'm a huge animal person and my friends jokingly call me the dog whisperer. That being said, I think dogs have no place at the Disney resorts unless they are a legitimate service dog. What are you going to do with the dog during the day? Lock him in the room? Dogs like routine so I think it's best to hire a pet sitter and leave him home. Then the dog will still be in familiar surroundings and will be more comfortable. Only bring your dog if it's a service animal! That's my opinion on the matter.

Before I post my opinion, I have a disclaimer. I love dogs. I'm a huge animal person and my friends jokingly call me the dog whisperer. That being said, I think dogs have no place at the Disney resorts unless they are a legitimate service dog. What are you going to do with the dog during the day? Lock him in the room? Dogs like routine so I think it's best to hire a pet sitter and leave him home. Then the dog will still be in familiar surroundings and will be more comfortable. Only bring your dog if it's a service animal! That's my opinion on the matter.
On previous threads that have gotten shut down, many ppl have posted reasons why they would want to bring their dogs including dogs that wouldn’t do best boarding or with a pet sitter. Not all dogs are the same (like ppl) so there were ppl who said that it wouldn’t be ideal but having their dogs with was the best option for them & they appreciated WDW now giving this option.

I cannot believe what im hearing ,is dogs really allowed!!..I love the Yacht Club but would never choose there again if this is true!!..Disney must be desperate!!..Imagine sleeping on a bed that has had a dog in it!..,imagine barking!! Imagine scared children with certain breeds!!. imagine asthma sufferers...Im shocked!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter