4 Night Wish or 5 Night Double Dip on the Magic?

lisset005

Earning My Ears
Both are in June and we are planning on taking the kids to WDW after. It will be their first cruise!

I haven't been on the Wish, but I like the classic ships and have a bias toward longer cruises and more time at Castaway. I'd pick 5 nights on the Magic! You'll add the logistics of getting from Miami up to WDW, but there are many options for that.

We also had this debate and picked a double dip in August. We are over the parks so are doing several nights in Miami first and hopefully visiting the Everglades. We also picked the magic because we are big rapunzel fans over the marvel and frozen on the Wish. Plus castaway cay is one of our favorite places.

I would ordinarily say do the 5-night. I love the Magic and the extra day is nice. But going to WDW after makes me lean toward the Wish because Port Canaveral is so convenient to the parks, and I don’t know the ages of your kids, but for youg ones that might not be fun. We drove from Miami to Port Canaveral after our Magic cruise earlier this year and it was an epic disaster. The kids all stayed up late the last night of the cruise because they were having so much fun and didn’t want it to end. Then they had to get up early, were cranky about leaving the ship, waiting in the enormous snaky line to get off the ship and another long line at customs, wait for the bus to the car rental, wait in another long line at the car rental, and then have a 4-hour drive to Orlando (which turned into 6 hours with traffic, lunch and bathroom stops). It took the entire day and the meltdowns, squabbling, crying and and whining on that road trip were brutal.

In contrast, have done the DCL bus from port canaveral to WDW many times and each time we arrived around 9am and had an awesome day in the parks or the hotel pool. So nice by comparison!

5 night double dip. More of a complete cruise, and CC is a great destination. The Magic also shows Tangled, which is one of DCL's best theater shows. And the Animation Magic show in Animator's Palate is very special.

Last edited:
We travel about 7000 miles to get to Florida, so we prefer more nights. But, we really wanted to sail on the Wish, so we opted for a Wish B2B. We are just under 300 days and counting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter