30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

Well after two weeks I am officially down 16 pounds !!! Trying really hard to stick to the program, this week has been harder than the first week as far as cravings for sugar go, so to quench the craving I have been snacking on clementines (small sweet orange type fruit) that has helped. Around 9pm is when it hits me the worst.

That awesome :) well done you :cool1:

Congratulations to everyone for their weightloss and to everyone who's doing their best to change their lives! You are inspiring.

It's only been a week and a half and I'm already having terrible cravings for sugar. I'm not doing any special plan. Just good old cutting down on calories, eating right, and exercising. Total deprivation of anything never works for me, however, I'm obviously trying to lay off the junk. We are having a party this weekend and it will be full of bad stuff. I'm going to make Cheddar Soup from LeCelliers and the Bavarian Cheesecake from EPCOT. I've never made either before and told myself that I can have a reasonable amount of both. Wish me luck that reasonable to me on Saturday surrounded by tons of delicious food is actually reasonable and not an entire pan of cheesecake!

Alright, I measured and weighed myself today. I have lost 28inches in the last 13 weeks and almost 25lbs. I'm 19lbs away from goal for Oct. and 29lbs away from end goal. I did make a huge blunder today though. I have only been eating 30-50grams of carbs a day and have felt so good! Well today, I made the mistake of eating a bunch of tater tots and a some breaded chicken strips(o.k..several big pieces)..and I am....MISERABLE! I feel like my stomach is full of rocks, yuck! I guess I'll have to remember how gross I feel, the next time I start to over do it!:crazy2::worried::(

I know exactly what you mean! I'm not doing low carb at all, but now that I'm not eating fast food or really anything fried, I feel totally gross when I eat anything even a little greasy! We had a bag of potato chips left over in the pantry, so I had a few the other day (totally allowed on ww) and I had a stomach ache for the rest of the day. Now if I can just remember that the next time I think i'm craving junk!

I don't think I'll have 30 pounds left to lose....but I plan on being a lot HEALTHIER and FIT when we go in October to Disney. I'm starting my 125th day or so of working out and drinking my vitamin/protein/mineral shake and I've lost a lot of fat and inches. It's already showing....and I have so much more energy so walking the parks should be a breeze :) No heart palpitations since I've been exercising either....which is GREAT. Last year I just about passed out from one that kept skipping when I was trying to walk through Magic Kingdom during MNSSHP.

I've got before and afters (first 90 days) on my FB page :)

Jealous of everyone with a trip coming up, this will be the first year that we are not taking a trip to disney in 9 years. One year we even went twice !! But I start nursing school in the fall and I won't have the time off, but you better believe I will be there next Oct or Nov. (our favorite months to go) Still doing well with the Eat to Live program, cravings are starting to dissipate.

I will have to check out this Eat to Live program. I am also intrigued by the Body by Vi program. Fad diets I know are not the way to go. I am at a stall at 9 pounds of the last 17 days. Today I had a bite of cake that I made from my sons birthday and my stomach is in knots because I caved. I feel so guilty and knows I should not of had a bite but with the stall in weight loss made me angry!:headache: and it was at 930 at night!
but plan to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I am still hitting the workout circuit.

good luck Jersey mom with nursing school. It is an amazing career choice and after 17 years I can say I have never regretted a minute of it.

Well back to the grind of staying the course. 17 more pounds to lose. I can do this! I will do this!

I will have to check out this Eat to Live program. I am also intrigued by the Body by Vi program. Fad diets I know are not the way to go. I am at a stall at 9 pounds of the last 17 days. Today I had a bite of cake that I made from my sons birthday and my stomach is in knots because I caved. I feel so guilty and knows I should not of had a bite but with the stall in weight loss made me angry!:headache: and it was at 930 at night!
but plan to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I am still hitting the workout circuit.

good luck Jersey mom with nursing school. It is an amazing career choice and after 17 years I can say I have never regretted a minute of it.

Well back to the grind of staying the course. 17 more pounds to lose. I can do this! I will do this!

You can do it!!! Don't tear yourself up over a bite of cake! As long as you get back to it, is what matters!!! Have you tried changing things up a bit to break through the stall? Hope your son had a great birthday!!!:goodvibes

Finally lost another pound. Man, it's going slow. You folks with major weight loss really impress me! Keep on carrying on y'all.

Finally lost another pound. Man, it's going slow. You folks with major weight loss really impress me! Keep on carrying on y'all.

Congrats!!!!:cool1:

I'm not losing at an alarming rate either. I figure that is because I'm in my weight range, just not where I want to be. Either way a loss is a loss! :thumbsup2

You're doing great! My theory, better something than nothing. Lol! Thats what I tell myself over and over anyways!

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow, a little nervous about being around a lot of food, I'm sure there won't be to much junk, because the mom to be is a vegetarian. But if the cake looks good and has sweet icing I WILL HAVE A BITE !! So happy to see everyone doing well, slow and steady is always the way to go. I am sure I am losing quickly is because I have a lot to lose, it will slow down soon. But I am committed to losing weight before I go back to school in the fall. I haven't been to school for years. Took me 12 years part time to get my BA degree, now I am going back for nursing , you would think at age 40 I would just settle for one degree !!

I am back in school getting my MSN in nursing education. Age is only a number and the average age of nursing students graduating is 35-40. You will do great! Good luck at the baby shower tomorrow. I am ready to ease back into a regular eating pattern. I think I can lose 17 pounds before October.
and to whomever said a pound is a pound is right! slow and steady wins the race!
Carry on!

It seems when I went through nursing school back in my early 20's, we had tons of 30-50 yr olds. We even had a lady in her late 60's, she had always wanted to go!

Joining in:wave2:! Started weight watchers last week and doing great so far.:) I'm planning on going to WDW in Nov.pixiedust: Have much more than 30 lbs to lose, but like someone mentiond earlier i'm taking it 10 lbs at a time.

Glad to hear success stories.:cool1: I'm also a nurse doing 12 hour shifts, dieting seems to go alright as long as i make sure and pack enough food for the day, so no vending machine snack temptations.

I read you were using a zumba dvd, i've been wanting to get one but not sure which to get. Which one do you use and would you recomend it?

Weigh in #2 and I am down another 2 lbs. 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I am pleased. I've been watching my calories and exercising most days. My evening walk is now up to 6 miles.

I'm worried a little about today. Like I mentioned earlier this week, I am hosting a party today, potluck style, and there will be tons of bad/yummy foods. I think I can resist most desserts, but really good bbq and salads are another story!

For those of you losing weight slowly, remember, it might only be 1 lb, but reach into your refrigerator or your local grocery store, pick up a pound of butter and feel good that you removed that from your body. The visual really helps me.

On a side note, I too, am a nurse. Best wishes in school!

Congrats to everyone with successes this week! You're all doing great!

I struggled with weight loss until this year. During my last trips, I wiped out and felt wiped out after trying the surfing lessons at WDW's Typhoon Lagoon. I promised myself to get healthy again. One of the main reasons I wanted to lose weight was to enjoy future trips at WDW! Without feeling limited at all.

Always busy, eating in a hurry, no time to exercise, slower metabolism as I age, etc.... then I saw a friend who lost 70 pounds and looked great. The program is Take Shape for Life and it made a huge difference in my life... not just because I lost weight but because of the network of coaches and support with the program. It was also less cost than other programs. Now, having been successful.... I'm coaching other people and helping them to lose weight and get healthy.

This program is great because I've seen it work for people who have just a little bit of weight to lose or a lot. It's a doctor-forumlated program that is low carb and low calorie that safely triggers mild dietary ketosis to burn the fat off and allow quick but safe weight loss. Then at the same time, making small life style changes that add up to keeping the weight off and making healthier choices.

Now the challenge for my next trip is to balance healthy dining choices with some pleasure eating because it is vacation after all, right? For me, I can enjoy some of the really good signature dining (great seafood entrees) that are healthy but I really don't need dessert every meal. I'd prefer to have 1 treat a day (dole whip!). So, my next trip may be the first one without the dining plan. Let's hope for a room discount that would help us much more than free dining.
Take Shape for Life

I did well at the baby shower yesterday, I didn't eat anything !! I thought if I did I may overeat so I just drank a bottle of water and we left before the cake came out. Back to the grocery store today to get more fruits and veggies.:)

Holding steady at 3 lbs. Had a lapse yesterday, ate some Newman-O's. They're an organic and delicious version of...you guessed it...oreos. Any other fans of Newman's products? Not only healthier but all profits go to charity. So today I need to "Just say NO!". Oh, and good willpower at the shower disneymomof1.

Got up the nerve to do the weekly weigh in and was excited that I had dropped another 1.5pounds since last Sunday(especially after my fried food overload earlier this week!), with a overall 24lbs and 29inches lost in 15 weeks. So hoping it will keep going down.....at least until October or until I hit my goal of another 28 lbs. Hope everyone is having a good week!!

I did well at the baby shower yesterday, I didn't eat anything !! I thought if I did I may overeat so I just drank a bottle of water and we left before the cake came out. Back to the grocery store today to get more fruits and veggies.:)

Great job!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter