30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

Holding steady at 3 lbs. Had a lapse yesterday, ate some Newman-O's. They're an organic and delicious version of...you guessed it...oreos. Any other fans of Newman's products? Not only healthier but all profits go to charity. So today I need to "Just say NO!". Oh, and good willpower at the shower disneymomof1.

Oreos are my favorite, or anything similar! Lol! That neat that the profits go to charity.

Joining in! :wave: I am at the final lbs of my weight loss/lifestyle change. However, these are the hardest, its summer, and man ice cream is so good!! I started my weightloss journey last year in October and have lost 48lbs. I haven't been working out as much lately - some things have changed in my life that just have killed that motivation. :rolleyes2: So heres to hoping this will help!! I started out at 200lbs with a goal of 150 - I am know in the 142-144 range with a 2nd goal of 140. I want to look good in the bikini I bought. I have have spent my entire life overweight - and it has hurt my self esteem. In October I started with a treadmill, then I added in the weight portions of P90X, I have switched to a primarily vegetarian diet. My weekly goal is 3 days of weights from P90X and 5 days of 3 miles on the treadmill at a 10% incline with speed ranging from 4mp-6mph........

Joining in! :wave: I am at the final lbs of my weight loss/lifestyle change. However, these are the hardest, its summer, and man ice cream is so good!! I started my weightloss journey last year in October and have lost 48lbs. I haven't been working out as much lately - some things have changed in my life that just have killed that motivation. :rolleyes2: So heres to hoping this will help!! I started out at 200lbs with a goal of 150 - I am know in the 142-144 range with a 2nd goal of 140. I want to look good in the bikini I bought. I have have spent my entire life overweight - and it has hurt my self esteem. In October I started with a treadmill, then I added in the weight portions of P90X, I have switched to a primarily vegetarian diet. My weekly goal is 3 days of weights from P90X and 5 days of 3 miles on the treadmill at a 10% incline with speed ranging from 4mp-6mph........

Wow! Well Done! Congratulations!

Wow! Well Done! Congratulations!

Thanks :) I can't believe at one point in my life I weight 90lbs+ more than I am right now. I've been losing weight in increments since 2004 but this is by far my greatest success! I hope everyone on here keeps trying and doesn't give up. Sometimes it's so daunting but the fact I know I am so much healthier for my two little girls makes everything worth it!

As long as we keep trying we are all doing a great job!!

I am joining in. I had a hip replacement last year and gained 20 pounds and already was 20 over so now it is BAD!!
My goal this week is stairmaster 4 times this week!
Thanks for keeping me honest.

I am sitting here reading all of your posts and it is getting me motivated to get up and go! I have a very bad knee due to a sports injury! but riding a bike causes no problem at all. I am going to sign out, get on my bike, and ride for an hour.

Now I have to get control of my bad eating habits. I travel a lot so that may not be easy to do.

Okay, I'm obsessed with daily weighing. It has it's pros and cons but it's who I am, can't help it :-). I 'm not budging from the 3 lbs. lost days ago. It's very frustrating. So...today I'm doubling my efforts to eat lighter and exercise more. Hope to report a new lb. lost on Tuesday. Cool to have so many participants. Anyone know the current total?

I'm in! Our trip is the end of september. I am down about 5 lbs so far, doing weight watchers and running six days a week. Good luck to all!

Husband and I are going in December for our Secondmoon. We were married 21 years ago and honeymooned at Disney! Been many times with the kids,but this is our first trip solo since our honeymoon! First time going during the Christmas season also!!

I want to weigh what I did when we got married, so I have 30 pounds to lose between now and November 29!!!!!!! I need to get going!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

You are all very inspiring on here!!!!!! Can't wait to log in each day and read some PROGRESS!!!!!!! hopefully some of it will be mine! :thumbsup2

Me, Me...I want to join in. We are going to WDW for my oldest daughter's 21st birthday in October so that's a great time to set a goal. I have watched my weight creep up a little more each year. I think I probably weigh more than I ever have (including pregnancy).

I think I'll set my goals at 10 pound increments as I know I'm easily discouraged. So Goal #1 - 10 pounds!

I've downloaded MyFitnessPal on my phone so I can keep up with what I eat and my weight. I'm not eliminating but I'm seriously cutting down carbs and sweets and watching my calorie intake very closely. I've done this for 4 days now.

Haven't weighed in yet or started exercising. I planned to start both tonight so how great that I found this thread and can have a group to hold me accountable. I'm going to start with the Wii Fit for a week or two to build up a little stamina because I'm in REALLY bad shape, and then add in one of my workout videos that I enjoy and know shows results. I've acquired several over the years and not stuck with them.

Well today was my weigh in day and I'm stuck at 8.5 lbs. It's been 5 weeks. I really wanted to hit 10 lbs this week (i was at 8.5 last week). I know I didn't do nearly enough excercise last week, so I guess that needs to be my focus this week. My biggest issue is time. I'm a stay at home mom, so I can really only excercise when my 2.5 yr old is napping, but that's also when I'm looking for a new job. I have to do my best to split my days so I can fit in both in a week. Today was job hunting, so tomorrow excercise :scared:

So how will everyone eat at WDW? I have SO MANY favorite restaurants and foods!!! I know I will eat very differently than past trips. We will probably skip the dining plan or use credits For DW mostly and I'll share or order a la carte. Except for character buffets 3 are must do..... Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and Tusker House all have healthy choices. Or do a signature restaurant or 2 which have nicer, healthier choices.

So how will everyone eat at WDW? I have SO MANY favorite restaurants and foods!!! I know I will eat very differently than past trips. We will probably skip the dining plan or use credits For DW mostly and I'll share or order a la carte. Except for character buffets 3 are must do..... Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and Tusker House all have healthy choices. Or do a signature restaurant or 2 which have nicer, healthier choices.

I have a ton of favorites as well! We are doing TH, Biergarten, and T-Rex. We aren't planning on over doing it, but at the same time we're not going to restrict ourselves. Hopefully find a happy balance, after all, it's VACATION:beach: between walking and swimming, we should be fine.

I'm In! I have been doing Weight Watchers and lost 11lbs but have not done well the last few weeks. I hope this can help me get back on track. 20 to go! We can do this together!

Wow! I counted 53 different people that posted to this thread. It's gonna be a whopper if everyone continues to participate. Hope to see lots of returnees (is that a real word?).

I'm going to join! I packed on a HUGE amount of weight while on steroid treatments for my back. I'm getting ready to start a heavy duty workout routine that will last as long as my back will allow. Hopefully that and proper eating, will get my metabolic rate in gear. I have been using the fitness pal site to track my eating habits, it's AWESOME.

I replied yesterday and it never posted... Grrr....

So my plan is to stick to my weight loss mantra - move more eat less... I am going to split lunches (with either my husband, or MIL) and have appetizers for dinner on some nights. I haven't gained weight in WDW for my past two trips with all the walking and playing I do with the girls so I am hoping that goes for this one... I also am hoping to wake up before sunrise and work out a few times. I want to at least try and do weights - I feel that is the key to my success - the muscle I built really keeps burning fat for me when I don't work out.... and it junk food...

I read somewhere - if you want to eat whatever you want you need to work out like a man... Well that's part of what I do (still can't eat whatever I want) I think it is pretty accurate for the most part :) I eat less than my husband still but I am in very good shape and we both have a sweet tooth...

Hi! I desperately need to join this thread. I had two babies back to back (#3 Dec 2010 and #4 Dec 2011) and was on bedrest from 24-36 weeks with #4. My body is so out of shape. I lost 20lbs after YDS, but only 5lbs after YDD. :confused3

I started following a modified gestational diabetes diet I did during my pregnancies last Monday. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.4lbs!!! :banana:

Hi! I desperately need to join this thread. I had two babies back to back (#3 Dec 2010 and #4 Dec 2011) and was on bedrest from 24-36 weeks with #4. My body is so out of shape. I lost 20lbs after YDS, but only 5lbs after YDD. :confused3

I started following a modified gestational diabetes diet I did during my pregnancies last Monday. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2.4lbs!!! :banana:

I found reducing carbs helped with weight loss... Don't get me wrong I still eat them. However the GD diet I was on for my first pregnancy (didn't have it for my 2nd) is similar to what I do now. I think finding what your body needs and likes helps with the weightloss. I know they told me that many women develop diabetes within 7 years of GD so that was part of my wake up call.... Good luck!!

Finally lost 1 more lb. Woo hoo! Now to keep it off. I'm the Queen of Yoyo-ing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter