30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

I'm joining in too! I started WW about 3 1/2 weeks ago (when I saw the pictures of me from our April/May disney trip :sad2: ). I lost 6.5 lbs in the first two weeks :dance3: and then the storm hit! We had a mini half birthday party for DS since his bday is between christmas and new year's and I feel like he misses out. I did ok with the party but then ate junk later... Next day was my bday. I did pretty well. The day after that we left for a long weekend at the beach, staying with family. So of course i brought snacks I could have, but they insisted on cooking a big breakfast every morning and going out to eat every night.. I somehow managed to hold steady during the trip. Then it's 4th of july picnics... So, right now I'm still just down the 6.5 lbs, but I weigh on mondays so fingers crossed I'm down at least another pound or more!

Oh, our trip is September 8th, and while I do really want to be down 30 lbs by then (another 23.5 from where I am) my ultimate goal is 50 lbs by the end of the year and another 50 by my birthday (end of june) next year! So far the ww online has been very easy (as long as we're not on vacation!)

Hi guys! I'd love to join this challenge. I have just lost control of my weight and eating, and I am really unhappy. I'd like to lose 30 pounds by our October Disneyland/Ellen Show trip-I think it would make me so much more confident and able to enjoy my trip more.

Do any of you have tips on how to prepare for all the walking we'll be doing? I don't want the trip to be unpleasant because I am too tired all the time.

Oh, and I'm sixteen years old by the way. I am not in shape at all.

Hi guys! I'd love to join this challenge. I have just lost control of my weight and eating, and I am really unhappy. I'd like to lose 30 pounds by our October Disneyland/Ellen Show trip-I think it would make me so much more confident and able to enjoy my trip more.

Do any of you have tips on how to prepare for all the walking we'll be doing? I don't want the trip to be unpleasant because I am too tired all the time.

As long as your healthy otherwise, I would start off walking what you can tolerate, and then as your stamina improves add in more. That way by the time your trip rolls around, you should have your walking for longer periods of time built up. Also, some full body resistant training should not only help with weightloss, but also make your muscles stronger (legs, abs etc.) for your endurance. Strong core helps you stand longer (lines, etc) over a weak core. Add in a balanced diet with lots of fruits, veggies, increased protein, healthy fats and decreased sugar intake and you should be good. Keep us updated on your progress!:0)

Well I guess I can say I am committed to this challenge! We celebrated my sons 10 birthday and he wanted a sleepover. I made a huge mindcraft creeper cake (3 boxes of cake mix and homemade buttercream frosting) brownies, rice crispy treats, pizza, bread stick etc I am happy to report I did not taste any of it! I can honestly say I WANTED TO:lmao: but didnt even lick a finger! It was HARD, but I have 2 more days on Atkins and then switching to belly fat cure fast track for another 2 weeks.

Well I guess I can say I am committed to this challenge! We celebrated my sons 10 birthday and he wanted a sleepover. I made a huge mindcraft creeper cake (3 boxes of cake mix and homemade buttercream frosting) brownies, rice crispy treats, pizza, bread stick etc I am happy to report I did not taste any of it! I can honestly say I WANTED TO:lmao: but didnt even lick a finger! It was HARD, but I have 2 more days on Atkins and then switching to belly fat cure fast track for another 2 weeks.

Wow! That cake sounds awesome and hope he had a great birthday! I NEED your willpower, lol! I don't think I would've been able to resist at least a taste of all those delicious treats!

Well, one week down and I have lost 3 lbs. Yay! Overall, I did well. I did not track my calories as strictly as I should have and I did not exercise as much as I'd liked, but with the over 100 degree temps in MI, no A/C, and the fact that we lost power for a couple days after a storm and we went to stay at a friend's house, I'm pleased overall. This week, I would like to get strict with my food journal and exercise consistently. I'd like to lose 2 more lbs this week. Good luck to all of you!

Now you have some will power! Good for you you!

Start a walking program. It's summer, a great time to start. My children are much younger than you, but I took my 8 & 5 year olds down to the local park before our Memorial Day trip and it took a month to get them up to 5 miles without excessive whining (mainly the 5 year old). But they also didn't whine about the walking on our trip. Plus it was good for me too!

Definitley start walking every day! Even if it's just 20 minutes a day now, then add another five minutes every week or two. It will help on both your weight and the trip. If you have an mp3 player, make a playlist of fun songs that will last the length of your walk to keep your mind off the task at hand. I've recently discovered that I can be on the eliptical machine for 40 minutes and it feels like 10 IF I'm reading a book or listening to the disunplugged podcast. I have never had that happen before so I'm very excited and hoping this will keep me going!

I'm jumping in with you guys--a little late though! We were without power for 8 days so needless to say we lost all of our food in the freezers and refrigerators! I've decided that this is a good time to really quit buying the junk food that we eat but don't need and keep more fruits and veggies for snacks. I've always kept them, but the chips and 'Nilla wafers are more appealing to all of us!! Good luck to everyone--it's going to be great to have a support system!:cool1::goodvibes

We're not heading to Disney this year, but I'm looking to lose another 20 pounds by about October (I want to be able to buy my fall/winter wardrobe with my new weight, rather than having to buy more new clothes halfway through the season). I lost 30 pounds from before my pregnancy to a couple of weeks after. My big changes were getting rid of alcohol, eating smaller portions, and not snacking. Unfortunately, since my daughter has been born, I've picked up on these bad habits again and I'm seeing my weight start to go up again, slowly, but going up it is. So I'm going back to what I was doing before and hoping that'll get me back into gear. I'd love to start the C25K program, but with this heat, that's a big no-go.

I use MyFitnessPal to track nutrition. If you use it and you'd like to add me, in chinchiller on there as well.

Quick update, starting my walking program today. Four miles, with a few hills. Hoping to do it in an hour. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: Did the walk! Took an hour and ten minutes, so a 17.5 minute mile. I'd like to get that down to a 15 minute mile by the time school starts. I'm tired, for sure, but it wasn't terribly hard! :goodvibes

I hope I'm not too late for the party!!

I am in, I'd like to lose 40 lbs by my December trip! Now, just to read the thread and catch up.

I just added this weight loss ticker to hold me accountable.

Quick update, starting my walking program today. Four miles, with a few hills. Hoping to do it in an hour. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: Did the walk! Took an hour and ten minutes, so a 17.5 minute mile. I'd like to get that down to a 15 minute mile by the time school starts. I'm tired, for sure, but it wasn't terribly hard! :goodvibes

Awesome:thumbsup2 keep going, some days u won't feel like it but when u push through it and do it you will feel amazingpixiedust:

Caught up on the thread, good job everyone!

I did pretty good over the holiday, all things considered.

Tomorrow is weigh in day (I "officially" weigh myself every 2 weeks, but in reality check my weight almost daily). I'm hoping to be 3lbs down since 2 weeks ago.

Continuing with my P90 video. It's almost time to move up to phase 3-4 of the program (at the 45 day mark) but I'm heading out of town this coming weekend/week so I might push it back to 2 weeks from now. We'll see. Being out of town, in Savannah, might kill me. I love all that food down there.

I'll check in tomorrow with the weigh in!

Avoiding the scale for a while. I 'm the self destructor! If I see weight again I turn to food, if I see weight loss I celebrate with food. I have lost 18 pounds in recent past and have gained and lost those. 30 more pounds would be fab! Losing that 30 would leave me 70 to go. Good luck & congrats to all!:thumbsup2

I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!

I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!

That is awesome!!! Stay positive, the scale is going down!!:goodvibes

KY*Figment said:
Avoiding the scale for a while. I 'm the self destructor! If I see weight again I turn to food, if I see weight loss I celebrate with food. I have lost 18 pounds in recent past and have gained and lost those. 30 more pounds would be fab! Losing that 30 would leave me 70 to go. Good luck & congrats to all!:thumbsup2

Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter