210 pages of posts and replies

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
I love this site and refer to it 2,3,4, times a day just to see what's going on. I've made many friends some even international because of these boards. It took a lot of hard work to put this all together and to certainly maintain it. Outside of some cat fights and some very competitive conversations I've found it to be a fun site to read, learn and participate. It is certainly obvious that some people have more time to post and reply to this site than others hence the major veterans.
I was wondering if any of the 210 pages ever get deleted and does anyone seriously go back a year to read these posts?

Thanks to all the webmasters and moderators for their fine work. Keep it up.

Ed

Hi, Glad you like the Boards. We can't go back to very very old posts because there have been instances such as crashes and server changes that have caused DIS to lose alot of posts.

I doubt whether anyone reads right through all the posts but, they are useful for searching. Say you wanted to find out about Vero Beach, you could hit search at the top of the page and type in either Vero; VB or Vero Beach. It's fun experimenting as you will get different posts coming up for different phrases.

Have fun.

cinds xxx Co-Moderator Resorts Board
Cinderella's Home Page

cinderella02.gif

The 210 pages you see are all since 4/4/00. There were about 2 years of posts which never made the last server migration.

We used to archive posts and even "saved" posts felt to be of importance by the moderators of each board, but since the last upgrade, this has not been as needed- thus the full access to these posts.

As Cinderella mentioned, the search function can really answer many questions which are asked and are a great source of information.

These Boards offer a wonderful outlet for my "Disney energy"- which might otherwise be spent on something else....like naps!!

Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

And I imagine a huge percentage of those posts are a plethora of 'me, too' "Welcome Home" replies, and requests to have the numerous versions of the calculators sent :rolleyes:

This does raise an interesting point. For us newbies, is there any way to purge those types of replies? They really serve no useful purpose after a while and make the board somewhat clumsy to navigate.

thanks

There is no way to purge posts which some find cumbersome. We can and do remove inappropriate posts, duplicate posts and posts which fall outside of the guidelines of this website, but the job of removing "Welcome Home" posts isn't included in the above categories. Most of those are easy to discern when searching for information anyway.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

I also would like to offer my thanks to everyone, especially the moderators and others who maintain and operate this site. My wife and I have some friends locally who are as big a Disney Fans as we are, but most think we are crazy with our Disney "obsession". It's great to see what others have to say who have the same obsession we do. Especially those who don't live as close to the magic as we do. I love to go out here to read the DVC stuff and pick up pointers and other info, even if I don't log in. Thanks again and keep it up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!