2024 DDP price?

So glad we stopped using the dinning plan years ago.. even before this increase we found it to be such a waste of money and food for us… what 10 year old eats $94 dollars worth of food every day?.. our first trip with out using we saved every food receipt and figured we saved about $550-$600 and we all ate what we wanted when wanted and and didn’t waste half as much food

So glad we stopped using the dinning plan years ago.. even before this increase we found it to be such a waste of money and food for us… what 10 year old eats $94 dollars worth of food every day?.. our first trip with out using we saved every food receipt and figured we saved about $550-$600 and we all ate what we wanted when wanted and and didn’t waste half as much food
wow...didn't even think of a new 10 or 11yr old trying to eat that much, lol. With my DVC discounts, I can't even come close to making this work.

Just go to the Disney website, click over to "All Dining," and select the filters for "Fine/Signature Dining" and "Dining Plan."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/fine-signature-dining,dining-plan/

That doesn't tell the whole story, though. The new additions to the DDP 2-credit list (e.g., Akershus L/D, Cinderella's Royal Table, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, etc.), as well as some of the old 2-credit spots (e.g., Hoop-dee-Doo Revue, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, and room service orders) may not appear on that list, but will still be 2 credits on the DDP. (Interestingly, California Grill and STK, formerly 2-credit restaurants, don't turn up in the Fine/Signature Dining/DDP results at all. Either they're not participating in the DDP this year, or they haven't committed yet. Space 220, Chefs de France, and Monsieur Paul aren't listed as 2024 DDP participants at this juncture either, but they'd all be expected to be 2-credit experiences as well.)
Restaurants not operated by WDW are frequently added later.

Disney said some restaurants will have an upcharge for some items on the menu.

I wonder if CG won't be included or might have an upcharge.

I always thought Disney should've excluded a few restaurants.

The dining plan economics is almost as bad as the rental agencies prepaid gas plans.

Disney won't offer a plan without alcohol at current pricing, minus $20-$30 menu cost of 2 drinks. Posters won't be happy if an alcohol free plan was offered with a $5 discount.

The tricky part on the pricing is the alcohol. A "fancy drink" can be $15, beer $8 or $9. If you don't drink, it's hard to make it work. They shouldn't have included it and cut the price.
I think paying the New prices Disney HAD to add in 1 beer wine etc lol.

I don’t even understand the “ we know it’s more expensive but we buy it for the convenience “ crowd - Just go to target and get $700 in gift cards for the same cost $665 as week of the DDP. You can just eat what you feel like and I bet you have $ left over.. more so if you have DVC or AP or Disney Visa 10% discounts.

The tricky part on the pricing is the alcohol. A "fancy drink" can be $15, beer $8 or $9. If you don't drink, it's hard to make it work. They shouldn't have included it and cut the price.
They have included alcohol for a few years, which is part of why it doesn't work for our family. We have kids who are "Disney adults" who obviously don't drink. So they could get a milkshake, smoothie, or maybe a specialty coffee for their meal. None that are things we would actually buy for dinner. Or maybe a Shirley temple. So the uncharge for a pump of grenadine.

I just ran the numbers for the two dining plans in each park. I grabbed prices for the places we like to go to and selected an entre that I would usually eat (like the tofu bowl at Satu'li Canteen and the Pork Ribs at Regal Eagle) and I added my favorite snack in each park. I do have an alcoholic drink at lunch and dinner so that helps. Even so, I broke even on both plans.

My lowest QSDP was the MK at $48.83 and my highest was $63.34 at Animal Kingdom, but my average across all 4 days was $57.20. Oooo! I saved 19 cents!

For the regular DDP, I kept my favorite QS from each park and added a TS (sometimes at a local resort instead of in the park). My lowest DDP was the MK at $76.22 and my highest was Animal Kingdom at $108.61, but my average was $94.66. Oooo! I saved 38 cents!

If I apply my 10% DVC discount to the TS entrees/buffets, my average comes down to $89.78. Rut Roh. I'm paying $4.50 more!

Yeah, it's not going to work for me.

wow...didn't even think of a new 10 or 11yr old trying to eat that much, lol. With my DVC discounts, I can't even come close to making this work.
And I didn’t even think about our DVC discounts too.. definitely a hard pass for us and will probably never use it again

And I didn’t even think about our DVC discounts too.. definitely a hard pass for us and will probably never use it again
Absolutely. Even dining at a couple restaurants with a 10% Disney VISA discount, or with a Landry's Select Club $25 welcome/birthday credit, or using Disney gift cards purchased at a discount (e.g., I buy them at BJs at 4% off, during the months my Discover card gives me 5% cash back on wholesale club purchases, meaning I end up with a nearly 9% stacked discount) can swing the pendulum even more definitively in favor of paying out of pocket.

Absolutely. Even dining at a couple restaurants with a 10% Disney VISA discount, or with a Landry's Select Club $25 welcome/birthday credit, or using Disney gift cards purchased at a discount (e.g., I buy them at BJs at 4% off, during the months my Discover card gives me 5% cash back on wholesale club purchases, meaning I end up with a nearly 9% stacked discount) can swing the pendulum even more definitively in favor of paying out of pocket.
I don't think you can count the Disney Gift Card discount because you can use Disney Gift Cards to pay for the DDP. So, that discount is the same between the DDP and paying OOP.

the qs plan works for me because of the alcohol and definitely come out on top, especially when visiting places such as polite pig. table service not so much.

We enjoyed free dining on the 2 trips we had it, and were able to really stack the value because back in 2019, they didn't differentiate between kid and adult QS credits so I could get my vegetarian but hungry 8 year-old adult meatless entrees with a kids credit. I would never pay "Disney adult" prices for the DDP for him now. If there was an amazing free dining offer it might still be worth it, but it would depend on what the rack rate is, what RO offers I could get instead, and whether it would still require hoppers. My kids are aging out of princesses but making Artist Point a 2 credit meal was a cheap move. Glad we got to enjoy it once when it was still 1 credit and a good value at that. And dropping second snack credit will lowering prices for kids tells me that they really want childless couples to stop buying the DDP and using their snacks wisely at Food and Wine, and instead have families buy Mickey bars with them.

TLDR: It was always a challenge to break even on the DDP, and with increased prices for adults and dropping the 2nd snack credit, it will be almost impossible. Not worth the work IMO, especially when one missed meal (sick kid, anyone?) can easily tip the odds in the house's favor.

And I hope they keep Space 220 off the list. Getting an ADR there is hard enough as it is, and they don't need the DDP there to fill tables.

Don't drink or can't drink like those <21 y.o. that still have to pay the adult price. Especially for 10 year olds who can't have a fancy alcoholic drink? How in the world does anyone expect $94 to be a reasonable amount for someone to pay for a 10 year old?

Don't drink or can't drink like those <21 y.o. that still have to pay the adult price. Especially for 10 year olds who can't have a fancy alcoholic drink? How in the world does anyone expect $94 to be a reasonable amount for someone to pay for a 10 year old?

I doubt the leadership team uses the term "reasonable" around the boardroom. :jester:

We don't do the DDP, it doesn't fit our dining style, but I do read these threads with an interest. The 2024 DDP increased 25% since 2019 when the increase in TS pricing over the same span was TS pricing was ... 8-9%? The QS plan went up 8.5%, which is still more than the 3-6% inflation of QS meals. but not 2.5 times as much. Of course, my math is light with minimal research...and there is still time for another price increase.

Last edited:
I doubt the leadership team uses the term "reasonable" around the boardroom. :jester:

We don't do the DDP, it doesn't fit our dining style, but I do read these threads with an interest. The 2024 DDP increased 25% since 2019 when the increase in TS pricing over the same span was TS pricing was ... 8-9%? The QS plan went up 8.5%, which is still more than the 3-6% inflation of QS meals. but not 2.5 times as much. Of course, my math is light with minimal research...and there is still time for another price increase.
Disney is no longer marketing the DDP as saving money. The increased price accomplishes that goal.

Remember that for adults it includes alcohol with each meal. For Ohana, that adds another $15 and might increase QS by a bit (if somewhere other than MK). That assumes you would otherwise order a drink. Not a good deal for my Disney adult children, but passes the smell test at least for real adults who enjoy a drink on vacation. Curious on kids pricing, since they hyped the value.
Yes, it does but it was also included in the 2019/2020 plan and was $20 cheaper AND included an additional snack.

I reviewed the new plan it really doesn't make money sense for me. last time I went I budgeted $75/day and I had cash left over. My BIL calculated and for his family it would cost nearly $500/ night (3 Ad, 2 kids) and that's bananas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter