2022 cruise release?

I am actually pleasantly surprised at the prices. I priced up an Alaskan cruise in 2019 for August 2020 and it was £5200 give or take for a 9C. Near enough the same date for August 2022 is £5290.

We have booked a 9C on 22nd August 2022 for £4336. Amazing!

The nice thing is that after seeing the European quotes for folks today I won't have sticker shock when I see the prices for the Wish's maiden voyage. Probably.... well maybe. :lmao:
And if there is a theory that Wish will steal at least some demand away from the other ships, we will have front row seats to seeing it fail miserably!

And if there is a theory that Wish will steal at least some demand away from the other ships, we will have front row seats to seeing it fail miserably!
I'd rather sail on the Wish and then do the Baltic on NCL. It's 15,100 for a verandah on the Magic and that's just for two people. It's 4,500 on the Getaway and that includes drinks, wifi, specialty dining, and excursion credit. They are also offering free airfare for the second person. If you add in airfare it's 5,500. The price difference is astounding.

I won't book anything until ships start sailing, but for the itinerary, in Europe, we want to do Disney is currently out of the picture. If they offer some great GT rates maybe, but I'm not sure that would even sway me.

70 billion dollars a year. And they can't make a website that works. I have tried everything and I can't see the new cruises as a Silver member this morning. They have similar problems with events at the parks. I have tried to call, but get nothing but a busy line. When you are taking 15 grand from a customer, you would think you would be more eager to make it work right. It really isn't that hard to get right when you have that kind of money. Thanks for letting me rant.

Update - after an hour - for no apparent reason - the website suddenly showed the new cruises and I was able to book. Not thrilled with the room, but they were down to three in that category. All are gone now - a few minutes later.

Last edited:
70 billion dollars a year. And they can't make a website that works. I have tried everything and I can't see the new cruises as a Silver member this morning. They have similar problems with events at the parks. I have tried to call, but get nothing but a busy line. When you are taking 15 grand from a customer, you would think you would be more eager to make it work right. It really isn't that hard to get right when you have that kind of money. Thanks for letting me rant.

Update - after an hour - for no apparent reason - the website suddenly showed the new cruises and I was able to book. Not thrilled with the room, but they were down to three in that category. All are gone now - a few minutes later.
Rooms will open up as the holds drop off. I'm holding two cruises I don't intend to book.

Rooms will open up as the holds drop off. I'm holding two cruises I don't intend to book.

Thanks - we have never booked at opening before, so this is a learning experience. I was actually able to change to a better room already - and plan to change again if something on a different floor opens.

I chatted with a rep, who had someone call me. He identified himself from the Disney travel department or something like that, and made the room change. He gave me his name an extension and said he would move us to the 7th floor if something opened. Does that mean that Disney is now acting like my travel agent and I can't move the reservation to Costco like I had planned?

Thanks - we have never booked at opening before, so this is a learning experience. I was actually able to change to a better room already - and plan to change again if something on a different floor opens.

I chatted with a rep, who had someone call me. He identified himself from the Disney travel department or something like that, and made the room change. He gave me his name an extension and said he would move us to the 7th floor if something opened. Does that mean that Disney is now acting like my travel agent and I can't move the reservation to Costco like I had planned?
No, you can still move it to Costco. It's time-consuming to do things through Costco. I would hold off a couple of weeks. If the room you want opens up you can change it yourself. Costco is not going to watch room availability for you. I kind of doubt the Disney rep will either.

No, you can still move it to Costco. It's time-consuming to do things through Costco. I would hold off a couple of weeks. If the room you want opens up you can change it yourself. Costco is not going to watch room availability for you. I kind of doubt the Disney rep will either.

Great. Thanks for the info. It was the rep who offered and took notes about it not being too close to the elevator. He talked to be for half of an hour and gave me tips for this cruise. But honestly, I am not too concerned about moving floors. We ended up with a room on a more quiet for of the ship than we were before, which is what we cared about most.

We are still considering a land option instead of the cruise, but at least we have both options on the table for now.

Great. Thanks for the info. It was the rep who offered and took notes about it not being too close to the elevator. He talked to be for half of an hour and gave me tips for this cruise. But honestly, I am not too concerned about moving floors. We ended up with a room on a more quiet for of the ship than we were before, which is what we cared about most.

We are still considering a land option instead of the cruise, but at least we have both options on the table for now.

I've been close to elevators and had NO noise (never heard the dings and stuff at all) and far from elevators and had tons of noise. It all depends on who's around you.

As others have said, there are likely a lot of courtesy holds which will be released...but the damage for pricing has been done. Once Disney's prices go up, they stay up. :(

I’m also looking at river cruises through abd . The cost for two people is around 10k, but it includes excursions, food and drinks. It will be my youngests last cruise before turning 18, but if I showed him the price difference he would say I’m crazy for booking DCL. Our last cruise before the pandemic was on Harmony of the seas. It was for my oldest 17th birthday.. Had I known it was going to be my oldests last cruise before he turned 18 I would have booked the Fantasy. At this point I’m just hoping for cruises next year.

Sorry for the quesiton, cruise newby here, searched this thread and forum but didn't see anything that seem to answer my question.

I'm a costco member and I'm interested in the Disney Wonder Alaska cruise on 8/22. Any reason why Costco doesn't have it on their website? They have 8/1 8/8 8/15 and Sept cruises, but no 8/22. Should I keep waiting? I can't get through their phone lines for help either. Thank you in advance.

I booked the Wonder for one of the Alaska sailings. It will be my second Alaska cruise, the first one was before I was married, when my husband worked for Cunard and we got to go gratis on one of their ships. Curious as to why starboard books up much quicker than port side of the ship - is it that much more scenic?

I booked the Wonder for one of the Alaska sailings. It will be my second Alaska cruise, the first one was before I was married, when my husband worked for Cunard and we got to go gratis on one of their ships. Curious as to why starboard books up much quicker than port side of the ship - is it that much more scenic?
I doubt Starboard is booked up already. The website only shows 8 rooms/category at a time, starting with the lowest numbers (port side). To get a starboard room that is not showing up on the website, you either need to call DCL or talk to your TA if you have one, and they can let you know what is available.

Both sides are equally scenic as it's a roundtrip cruise. At the glacier, DCL will turn the ship and each side will face the glacier for a while before they switch sides.

I doubt Starboard is booked up already. The website only shows 8 rooms/category at a time, starting with the lowest numbers (port side). To get a starboard room that is not showing up on the website, you either need to call DCL or talk to your TA if you have one, and they can let you know what is available.

Both sides are equally scenic as it's a roundtrip cruise. At the glacier, DCL will turn the ship and each side will face the glacier for a while before they switch sides.

I remember that from my cruise about 200 years ago (or so...) Makes sense. Thanks!

Did anyone happen to note what time the new sailings actually became available on the release days for each booking window?

Did anyone happen to note what time the new sailings actually became available on the release days for each booking window?

I booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel and confirmed a little after 9 AM EST, but also checked out availability on my own at 6 AM-ish EST that morning. So I believe it's quite early! We were/are general booking, so this was the last date, 3/25.

Do you think we will be able to cruise in 2022? I want to go to Castaway Cay... Looking at the March double stop...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter