2022 cruise release?

Does the Wish starting to sail that summer impact anyone’s choice of booking in the Spring?

yes. I was thinking late April early May. But now I’m looking at late February early March. I don’t cruise in the summer months except I did depart once on August 31st. Too many kids and prices out of my budget. I’ll be looking at Wish when the prices are better than summer prices.

Does the Wish starting to sail that summer impact anyone’s choice of booking in the Spring?

Yes, we were going to book a 7 night SWDAS in January or February but will now just be booking a 3 or 4 night and saving a longer sailing for hopefully fall on the Wish. If they start with 3/4 nights out of PC on the Wish, we’re hoping to book a B2B.

There is a chance that they might send Fantasy over to Europe (along with Magic) for the summer. (Wish will then take over Fantasy's itineraries in the Caribbeans.) They haven't yet released Fantasy's sailings past April.

Two ships in Europe will possibly open up a ton of new itineraries on that side of the pond.

Can’t wait to book a new cruise tomorrow. Excited and nervous about the prices.

We're looking forward to the Wish but will wait til after that first summer when the kids are back in school and (hopefully) the prices will be tad lower, and the "kinks" will have been worked out.

Sure hope their itineraries will be at least a week long.

So excited to see these sailings are going on sale soon! Now to try to convince DH to take a DCL cruise again...

Esp if they continue with the way they are doing it now. In BC, due to Covid, they have broken down the high school into 4 terms instead of 2 semesters, meaning they get 2 classes every ten weeks. So missing a week means they miss a LOT. If they continue with this for the 2021/ 2022 school year, we can kiss our November 2021 cruise goodbye as she would miss too much.
If they are doing quadmesters in 2022, it will be because people still need to social distance. For me, that would mean I probably wouldn't be cruising, either. Book and hope for the best.

I just re-booked our Jan 25th sailing to 2022. I was waiting to see if Disney cancelled so we could get the OBC, but we have a small window of availability to sail and I didn’t want to risk missing it. Good luck to everyone hoping to sail soon and to those booking 2022 cruises.

Guys - I booked for 2022 and I am super excited. I was booked previously on a 2018 Cruise and had to cancel, so to be able to get to do this finally is so exciting. I do not even know my kids school schedules yet for that year, so I am guessing when their break will be. I hope I am right!! And they will be older teens when we go, so hopefully they like it and do not think it is cringey by then, My countdown is in the 500 range. LOL

Guys - I booked for 2022 and I am super excited. I was booked previously on a 2018 Cruise and had to cancel, so to be able to get to do this finally is so exciting. I do not even know my kids school schedules yet for that year, so I am guessing when their break will be. I hope I am right!! And they will be older teens when we go, so hopefully they like it and do not think it is cringey by then, My countdown is in the 500 range. LOL
Congratulations!

Should we be seeing the next 2022 batch coming out soon? Don't they usually do it in Dec?
Today is Disney Investor Day. They’re announcing projects across all their platforms. Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, etc. I know those are entertainment departments but maybe we get something from the Parks/Cruise department?

Today is Disney Investor Day. They’re announcing projects across all their platforms. Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, etc. I know those are entertainment departments but maybe we get something from the Parks/Cruise department?
🤞🤞🤞🤞

I wonder if they announced early to give upcoming cancellations more places to move to....

i'm also waiting for the summer 2022 itineraries...
we're booked in August 2021 on the Dream, but since we've canceled our summer 2021 trip to WDW, we won't be in the US this summer at all.
So no cruise.
I was going to just cancel, but my TA said we could move the whole thing to another cruise.
Since we're planning on being at WDW in July 2022, we could possibly move the cruise to then.
Although probably i'd prefer moving it to the summer of 2023, but i'm guessing that's not a possibility.
Too bad, because that would be perfect, assuming the magic returns to europe then.
can't believe i'm talking 2022 and 2023. Who knows what will be going on then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter