2021 Vacations?

Our plans are very much up in the air, and are also very much subject to Covid.

We had a great bucket-list Victoria/Alaska trip (2 weeks+) planned for 2020, but of course that got canceled. We have good friends who live in Juneau and it was a joint trip celebrating both of our DD's graduating HS and starting college.

Now the problem is that their DD is enrolled in an overseas study program. The program was supposed to be Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, but guess what? Right...postponed. So now, she is going to Europe next week and that will probably last through Summer 2021.

We'll have to see if we want to do the AK trip without the other DD -- but that would put our DD alone with 4 fossils. So we have to look at all the options for that trip.

AND, of course, it's always possible that our friends will want to go to Europe to vacation with their daughter next summer. That may or may not work for us, but that has so many moving parts that it's hard to even consider right now.

Long story short, we have no idea what (if anything) we are doing in 2021.

WDW in December. Hopefully we'll have been vaccinated by then and it won't be quite so hot for wearing masks. I haven't been since 2017 and am *really* looking forward to it!

Are you planning one (or more)? If so where? Are you doing anything different than you previously did in terms of planning, etc.?
We have a European river cruise scheduled in April. Moved from last March. I'm not sure it'll be going (truthfully, I hope it's canceled). Especially if we haven't had the vaccine, it makes me nervous about traveling at all.

Also have a 3 month RV trip to Canada reserved for the summer (again, moved from last summer). That one may have possibility of going - depends if Canada lets us come in by then. I'm more comfortable with that one, because we'd be traveling in our own RV, and only mixing with others if we choose to.

Beyond that, all other trips we had planned (since last July) have been canceled. Until such time as we've had the vaccine and things are better.

Disney Sept-Oct 2021 as long as we have been vaccinated by then, which should hopefully happen by then. Already booked for Disneys 50th which I know will be crazy crowded ::yes::

DH and I should be fully vaccinated by the end of the month so yes, we hope to resume travel in 2021.

However 2020 has made me flinchy. We are compiling a list of places that are very likely for Spring Break-
Key West, New Orleans, or possibly DC if it looks to be open. We’d love to head back to Napa but California seems unlikely.

For July- I dream about Italy (cancelled from last summer), or Ireland and Scotland being open to us. Our more likely summer options are Michigan (we’ve never been) or Maui.

We will not be booking anything for a while though.

The only trip planned for 2021 is a few days at my favorite condo on Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, MI in late June. There will be seven of us in two condos celebrating my 70th birthday! I wanted to take some kind of big trip to celebrate my birthday, but because of COVID-19, that dream disappeared. This will be fun, and I am pretty sure this trip can happen.

I have a big trip to Africa planned for February 2022 (postponed from 2021) and I have worries that one may even be affected, so sadly not planning anything in 2021 right now. :(

I have a friend that is on her way home from 2 weeks in Kenya today. She went on Safari and tons of other things. So maybe there is hope.

Last edited:
We have a week at the beach with family and friends *separate condos* for the 4th booked since it was no deposit and free cancelation up to 2 weeks prior. However, the thought of Myrtle Beach (Litchfield) in a pandemic environment 🤔 😀

So, we may go to Norfolk for a short cheaper stay cation and go to Disney in Jan 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:
We leave for WDW on Sunday, so that'll be the first.

Depending on regional conditions and travel restrictions, we're hoping to go to San Francisco to visit DD19 over her spring break. If that doesn't pan out, we may meet in the middle somewhere for a hiking/camping trip or an AirBnB stay.

Summer plans are in wait-and-see mode based both on the covid situation and DD's internship prospects. She's applying to programs all over the country and to some extent, where she ends up will determine where we go. If she doesn't get anything worthwhile lined up because of the pandemic, or ends up somewhere I'm not interested in spending our vacation time, plan B is a road trip to Alaska. Whatever we do, it will primarily be camping because I am dying to try out the improvements I've made and am making to my van-camping setup.

Vegas is one of the places that I haven't ventured back to yet, even with all the good comp deals. DH and I normally do at least one show when there - can't now. We always go to at least one buffet - can't now. We like to sit at the tables and gamble for a few hours each day enjoying some free drinks. We *can* do that now but in a weird way - a lot of tables right now will only allow 3 people at a time, socially distanced and divided with plexi. It's just not something I think is fun. My friends went in late October right before shutdown number 2.
Same. We went to Vegas Sept 2019. When we go we play a lot of poker and the plexiglass/small numbers totally changes the table games. We also like to sit at the bars and watch football for hours...it’s going to be awhile before we go back

We have a few things planned.

Leaving for a Florida beach vacation this Sunday!
Going to Texas for a golf vacation in April.
Trying to plan a Hawaii vacation with 2 other couples for June.

And hope to get more use out of my Universal AP

May trip to Cocoa Beach (in a condo)...socially distancing from humanity.

Just booked our Disney trip in December. Our DVC.

I started to plan a trip to the Central Coast for my birthday (mid-May) but stopped because I doubt that things will be back to any type of normal by then. So now my next trip will be May 2022 to Disneyland for my 50th. We'll see how that goes.

Our May 2020 European trip was obviously canceled, so we rebooked for May 2021. Cancelling that any day now, because I just don't think things will be okay by then. We are subbing a Florida beach condo for 2021 and will rebook Europe for May 2022.

My new plan, due to COVID, is to not just do Disneyland, but I'm adding a return to WDW. I've booked nothing yet, as this year may involve more expenses than 2020, unrelated to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter