2021 Vacations?

I have a big trip to Africa planned for February 2022 (postponed from 2021) and I have worries that one may even be affected, so sadly not planning anything in 2021 right now. :(

Vegas for sure. I'd like to take the girls somewhere this summer, but I'm worried about things being closed at our destination. I'd hate spending a bunch of money to travel someplace and not get to fully experience it. We had talked about going to Texas when the oldest had a boyfriend it Fort Worth, but that ended so I'm not sure if Texas is still interesting to her. I suppose if nothing else we could always go to the beach, that's only a couple hours away.

I literally just had this conversation with a coworker. I don't want to use my vacation time AND money for a subpar experience.

Tentatively have a house reserved on the MD shore in July, for my parents, DH and me (and our quarantine puppy). Planning on driving out from Chicagoland (with dog) and just being as safe as possible. It's been a really rough health year for both of my parents, and it's been a year and a half since I've been able to go out to visit (before, I tried to go once every 2-3 months).

Aging sucks. Covid sucks. Aging plus Covid super sucks.

Going to Orlando at the end of the month. (
Vegas for sure. I'd like to take the girls somewhere this summer, but I'm worried about things being closed at our destination. I'd hate spending a bunch of money to travel someplace and not get to fully experience it. I suppose if nothing else we could always go to the beach, that's only a couple hours away.
Vegas has some amazing deals going on if you have been before. We just went in October and were comped 5 nights at bellagio and 2 nights at the Wynn. I checked my comp offers the other day, and we can stay almost any week through mlife or TR comped (plus resort fees)

we are not big gamblers, we probably cycle around $1000 per hotel brand during the whole week.
We weren’t planning to go again in 2021 but we will never see offers like these again with our minimal gambling so we might have to book another trip.

Vegas has some amazing deals going on if you have been before. We just went in October and were comped 5 nights at bellagio and 2 nights at the Wynn. I checked my comp offers the other day, and we can stay almost any week through mlife or TR comped (plus resort fees)

we are not big gamblers, we probably cycle around $1000 per hotel brand during the whole week.
We weren’t planning to go again in 2021 but we will never see offers like these again with our minimal gambling so we might have to book another trip.
Nice! I'll keep an eye out. I'm thinking around spring break. I'm not a big gambler at all, though, so I doubt they want me back enough to give me much LOL. I think prices are really good right now anyway.

Nice! I'll keep an eye out. I'm thinking around spring break. I'm not a big gambler at all, though, so I doubt they want me back enough to give me much LOL. I think prices are really good right now anyway.
I should have been more clear. I didn’t receive an offer through the mail/email, just sign into your accounts, and choose the dates you are interested in. It will either say comped or show you a cheaper rate than the general public.
With caesars properties, there is a spot to add the persons card that you are traveling with to the same room and that usually helps with better comps.

My 80 year old parents want the whole family to join them in Maui this coming July. I haven’t book plane flights yet because I’m still not sure it’s actually going to happen.

DH wanted to go away to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, so I reluctantly booked plane tickets and the JW Marriott on Marco Island for 4 nights/5days in mid January (10 days from now). I was really worried about traveling - it was so outside my Covid comfort zone! But we are canceling it today because I tested positive yesterday. We’ll get a credit for the flights and will lose nothing cancelling the hotel. We’ll reschedule at a safer date.

My 80 year old parents want the whole family to join them in Maui this coming July. I haven’t book plane flights yet because I’m still not sure it’s actually going to happen.

DH wanted to go away to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, so I reluctantly booked plane tickets and the JW Marriott on Marco Island for 4 nights/5days in mid January (10 days from now). I was really worried about traveling - it was so outside my Covid comfort zone! But we are canceling it today because I tested positive yesterday. We’ll get a credit for the flights and will lose nothing cancelling the hotel. We’ll reschedule at a safer date.

Oh nooo :( Wishing you a speedy recovery - on the bright side once you're back to 100% you won't be as worried about traveling maybe? :)

Have a few booked. Not sure what will happen with some of them
For sure WDW in March.....make up trip for the canceled May trip
We have DLR booked for the end of April......we'll see what happens with that one. Also booked for Sept.
We have a cruise booked in late July and also one booked in Oct. Hope we can do them
Booking a third DLR trip for Dec. when I can (which is tomorrow)

:cloud9: Only in my dreams at this point. There's no use even planning anything until the Canadian government travel advisories ease because although we can leave, returning to Canada from abroad requires 14 days quarantine and my DH doesn't have enough PTO to allow for it. We sure are hoping though; we've got a huge travel credit to use since our highly-anticipated 25th Anniversary trip to London and a cruise around the British Isles was cancelled last spring. We also had another cruise planned for last November but the deposit was refunded. It may be awhile before we are able to cruise again and instead our next trip, whenever it may be, will probably be a guided land tour of Costa Rica.

The only trip we have planned is to Florida in May for DS22's college graduation. We're hoping it's safe enough for him to have some kind of grad ceremony by then. If not, we will still go to help him clean out his apartment and decide what gets tossed and what gets shipped home (we're in California). We want to go to Disneyland as soon as it's safe. We can plan that one fairly last minute since we can drive there. We'll wait until the mask requirement is dropped. Might be this year, might not. Otherwise we'll be staying home.

I read the title as 2021 vaccinations. Shows what’s on my mind....No vacations for me until a vaccination. I’m booked end of November. Fingers crossed, but it’s not looking good given my province’s abysmal vaccine rollout.

Same for us, will not be vacationing until we all have the vaccine.

Over the weekend, I planned out an eastern National Park trip. We usually do western NP trips, but have no desire to get on a plane. If we stay in the east, we can drive our own car.

The trip I have mapped out is driving from NH to Washington DC for a few day, then going to Shenandoah NP, followed by the Smokies NP, Cumberland Gap, Mammoth Cave NP, Lincolns Birthplace, Flight 93 Memorial, Gettysburg NP and back home to NH.

We also have a two week trip to Disney in Oct-Nov.

But we need to get the vaccine first. Hopefully will be able to get that in May or June.

Vegas is one of the places that I haven't ventured back to yet, even with all the good comp deals. DH and I normally do at least one show when there - can't now. We always go to at least one buffet - can't now. We like to sit at the tables and gamble for a few hours each day enjoying some free drinks. We *can* do that now but in a weird way - a lot of tables right now will only allow 3 people at a time, socially distanced and divided with plexi. It's just not something I think is fun. My friends went in late October right before shutdown number 2.

We have two Disney trips planned this year but will likely cancel until they do away with mask mandates and bring back more entertainment and fastpass.
Too much money to spend on a reduced experience and talk through hot sweaty masks for 7 days.

My mom, aunt, sister, and I have a relaxing week planned this summer at my aunt’s Florida house. I do alternating “big vacation” years and “little vacation” years and this year is a “little vacation” year so we’ll be on a tight budget this trip.

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for June (which was rebooked after two cancelled cruises), which I am 99.9% will be cancelled (or we will).

We have Disneyland tickets from cancelled trips last year. So hoping to do that this year - mostly likely Thanksgiving, but we’ll see how things are. They extended our expiration date to 2022, so we have some flexibility.

Maybe Vegas? Maybe Hawaii? I won’t book anything yet though. Went through too much disappointment doing that over the last year and don’t have it in me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter