2020 Point Charts

Yup. OKW went up. Depending on season the increase is 2 to 14 points for a week in a studio.

I have only been a member since mid 2017. How often does an increase happen. 2018/2019
had the same required points.

Yup. OKW went up. Depending on season the increase is 2 to 14 points for a week in a studio.

I have only been a member since mid 2017. How often does an increase happen. 2018/2019
had the same required points.

They can't increase the overall number of points - they can only reallocate. I do a lot of one bedroom and studio stays at OKW. The one bedrooms during summer season didn't change since 2019...but the studios went up a point during my "usual" season. I don't know enough about the other parts of the OKW chart to see where they took points from, but they have to take them from somewhere.

Boardwalk - preferred studios went up in every season except Adventure. 1 bedrooms up in every season except Dream. 2 bedrooms down. Standard view looks like a bigger change.

Saratoga: Studios, 1BR and Treehouses went up ... with points shaved from standard-view 2BR and GV units.

Looks like a lot of the studios and 1 bedroom point requirements went up and the 2 bedroom units went down.

Where is everyone seeing the chart? I get studios increasing, but 1bd???? Really?? It reminds me of something I just read on another site about DVC trying to get members to fight for the studio scraps as more members cannot afford a large amount of points... & DVC scoops up the larger villas to rent for cash.....

AKV Value 1 & 2 bedrooms went down. Value studios stayed the same (except dream season weekends...went up 1 pt per night).

Where is everyone seeing the chart? I get studios increasing, but 1bd???? Really?? It reminds me of something I just read on another site about DVC trying to get members to fight for the studio scraps as more members cannot afford a large amount of points... & DVC scoops up the larger villas to rent for cash.....

It's on the DVC website for each resort.

It's so interesting. I wonder what's driving this? I have traveled in June (Magic season) the past three summers, and when I have gone to book at the 7 month mark literally ANY studio except AKV Value Studios have been available - even BLT Standard every time. This summer we ended up booking a one bedroom standard at BLT at 7 months bc my FIL is joining us, but I checked studio availability on my 7 month day just to see what it looked like, and I literally could have booked any studio except an AKV Value for my entire week in June. Yet, this is the season that has seen across the board increases in studio points. A few points isn't going to make or break us - we'll still book studios in the summer time if we want a studio, it's just odd bc we haven't run into an availability problem even on those "hard to get" villas.

From what I understand, there is a cap on how much they can change per year. What concerns me is when they did the last major reallocation 10 years ago is they spread it over 2 years. So we might be seeing it again for 2021.

BLT Lake View studio is going up 2 points per night, or 14 per week, during summer months. This is what i initially bought into DVC for. It's a good lesson in buying a cushion of points, as you don't know how things will change in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter