2019 - WDW "Never have I Ever" Trip: It Begins! (Updated 2/20)

Unvoiced_Apollo

DIS Veteran
Below is my pre-trip report

Pre-Trip Report
Day 1 (It's this post)
1a Dinner & Delay

As those who have read the PTR, my dad and I taking a trip down to Disney World.

Day One: Departure - Amtrak Auto Train

Myself enjoying our sleeper car room:

full

My dad watching the scenery:

full

Best bathroom ever:

full

And finally a beautiful sunset over the James River:

full

The unfortunate part with taking the train is some unforeseen delays. Apparently there was a police emergency at the RR crossing and now we're stopped until they're given the go ahead to continue. Not sure how much longer but it's been about half an hour so far.

Last edited:
A couple of interesting things about the train.

For dinner, they give you a few times and you tell them what time you want to arrive. The give you a ticket with a number assigned to that time (1 for first dinner, 2 for second, etc.). Then when it's your time, they call everyone to the dining car. They seat you and they fill the tables, whether or not you're with another group. In other words you may sit with a group you don't know, particularly a party of two or less. We met an older couple traveling to Sarasota from Michigan. They drove part of the way to the station and are taking the train the rest of the way. For dinner, they provide a menu of various dishes and desserts to choose from. Nothing fancy but decent for what it was. We all had the beef entree with baked potato & greens beans and chocolate cake for dessert.

And the other interesting thing? Remember the delay by "police emergency". Apparently that is a euphemism Amtrak uses due to the nature of what's happening and kids being on board the train. We were delayed for about three hours, but I'm not entirely sure it was due to the "police emergency" since that started at 4 and we were stopped around 6:15. I suspect the delay was compounded by Amtrak having to share the rails (which they don't own) with other trains, particularly freight companies like CSX.

That said it's now 7:00 AM and Day 2 as I post this.

Last edited:
So I'm clearly terrible at keeping up with these reports.

Some highlights of days 2-4

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Met Anastasia and Drizella, who were a riot. Drizella told my dad she wears a size 8 ring.

Eating in Be Our Guest and discovering how my palate is very complex: I liked the escargot & assorted meats & cheeses, yet will take sliders, lunch meat, and cheddar cheese cubes over any of those. And of course getting to meet the Beast

After hours at Animal Kingdom: Rode Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur twice and loaded up on snacks

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

Got autographs from Pocahontas and some rare fur characters like Launchpad and Scrooge. The Tusker House was great with good food & character interactions. Rivers of Light was Beautiful

Day 4 - Epcot/Bon Voyage Breakfast

Has the shipwreck al Forno from Trattoria which was pretty good. Flynn signed my satchel. Eric recognized my preparedness in bringing my own journal. I got a lot of signatures and/or meets from characters. I told Belle I snuck into the West Wing

Stopped off at Club Cool and got a laugh for the face I made trying Beverly.

Magic Kingdom After Hours

Big Thunder Mountain was practically pitch dark which added an extra bit of thrill. I doubled up on meeting Rapunzel so I could avoid lines and get Tiana's lines. Unfortunately Rapunzel's double was there in her stead.

Hollywood Studios

Made the wise decision not to rope drop due to my After Hours night. So no Slinky Dog or Alien Saucer. Still got to meet a ton of characters, just not anyone that could/would sign (I forgot Olaf can't read). Also Tower of Terror is still my second favorite ride after Pandora and I had no idea when it would end (in a good way). Now waiting for Fantasmic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter