2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I just got that “thank you for participating” email. There wasn’t a link for early registration; just a link to some finisher jackets available on Shop Disney.

I would have preferred an option to order some of the shirts they were out of stock on at the expo; when I went to get an “I did it” 10k shirt all they had left was extra small. :sad:

After a lot of thought and consideration (we had toyed with the full/Dopey marathon weekend) I'm pretty sure BRF and I have decided to return to Princess in 2019. It started our love of running, and I'm still crying over the Merida medal I didn't get this year. I would love a Tiana theme! But I'll just be happy to running with the princesses again and crying my way down Main St! :yay:

Anyone know how this scenario might play out or some advice...My annual pass will expire in May before the early registration for AP holders. My daughter, who is 4, has an annual pass ("disney platinum Plus pass ages 3-10")and will still be current. Do you think I will be able to use her pass to access early sign up if hers is linked to our my disney experience? She is underage and not eligible for a mydisney account so I can't go that route.

I was able to sign up by booking a room/bib package from Disney travel this past Saturday. I also read on Facebook that they were offering packages for 2018 W&D, 2019 Marathon Weekend, and 2019 PHM. I had to pay for the bibs (FTC & 5K for me and just 5K for DD) up front (non-refundable) and put a $200.00 room deposit down. Since my daughter FINALLY agreed to do the 5K with me I felt compelled to guarantee our spots.:lovestruc

I was able to sign up by booking a room/bib package from Disney travel this past Saturday. I also read on Facebook that they were offering packages for 2018 W&D, 2019 Marathon Weekend, and 2019 PHM. I had to pay for the bibs (FTC & 5K for me and just 5K for DD) up front (non-refundable) and put a $200.00 room deposit down. Since my daughter FINALLY agreed to do the 5K with me I felt compelled to guarantee our spots.:lovestruc

I would totally go that route, too, in order to secure our bibs, but we will be renting DVC points so I won't need to book a reservation through Disney.

I have just noticed that I will be getting off a cruise ship the Saturday of Princess weekend so want to sign up for the 1/2. Does anyone know a travel company that is booking race registration and rooms yet? That’s how I booked Dopey this year and took a lot of registration stress away and would like to do it again. TIA

I think I'm going to register for 2019 too. Just the half marathon and maybe the 10k if I can convince my mom to do it. Should I wait until I've registered to book a room? What are you guys going to do?

The countdown on the Run Disney page hasn't flipped yet to next year. How long afterwards did it flip for the Marathon- was anyone watching?

I think I'm going to register for 2019 too. Just the half marathon and maybe the 10k if I can convince my mom to do it. Should I wait until I've registered to book a room? What are you guys going to do?

Do it whatever way works for you. I’ll likely book my Dvc room the moment I can, and. Don’t know if I’m doing this again (have floated the 5&10 idea to my cousin and we’d have enough money left over to make our own challenge shirts lol), but I might as well get something situated.

Others would do it differently.

I’m considering signing up for next year. The rest of my family is hoping to sign up for 2018 Wine and Dine but Princess is the only Disney World weekend I haven’t done yet so it’s kind of got the edge right now. My only concern is that air travel is riskier in February than in November due to a higher chance for snowy weather but I really want to do it.

My top choice at this point would be to do the Challenge, but it will come down to whether I want to run the half and then have to fly home the same afternoon (due to only getting one personal day from work which would have to be used for Friday for the expo if doing the Challenge). I’ve done it twice before with Wine and Dine and Dark Side though so I know I can make it work and it’s not a deal breaker. So if I do sign up, it will be either the Challenge or Half.

Is this through the Disney.com website?

Do it whatever way works for you. I’ll likely book my Dvc room the moment I can, and. Don’t know if I’m doing this again (have floated the 5&10 idea to my cousin and we’d have enough money left over to make our own challenge shirts lol), but I might as well get something situated.

Others would do it differently.

I'm going to book the room, but I am admittedly a little nervous that there are going to be changes to the dates.

Dawn

No, I called runDisney at 407-939-4786. Not sure if the packages are still available, but it may be worth a call.

I just tried to call and book through Rundinsey and was told they are no longer offering this. :mad: But the woman I spoke with said they stopped offering it awhile back, so if you were able to book this past Saturday I am tempted to keep calling back and possibly heckle someone until they book it for me!

The countdown on the Run Disney page hasn't flipped yet to next year. How long afterwards did it flip for the Marathon- was anyone watching?

The countdown has flipped to the 2019 dates - I went to the website after hearing the news about Wine and Dine registration being delayed. People on FB are trying to determine if that means anything for the fate of Princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!