2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

For those who have booked a Salute room before, is it possible to add a Disney Dining Plan? Trying to figure out if it will make a difference between staying at Shades (I know we can’t do dining plan staying there) or using the Salute room discount.

For those who have booked a Salute room before, is it possible to add a Disney Dining Plan? Trying to figure out if it will make a difference between staying at Shades (I know we can’t do dining plan staying there) or using the Salute room discount.
Not sure if it makes a significant difference, adding the dining plan turns your room only reservation into a package (even if no tickets are purchased as part of the package). Therefore, package rules apply, as opposed to room only rules.

The result would be a different deposit, different cancelation terms, and different paid in full rules.

Not sure if it makes a significant difference, adding the dining plan turns your room only reservation into a package (even if no tickets are purchased as part of the package). Therefore, package rules apply, as opposed to room only rules.

The result would be a different deposit, different cancelation terms, and different paid in full rules.

This is not true for the Armed Forces Salute promo. They have a way of adding on dining without requiring you to add a ticket.
It's a manual process and that's why we have to call in to book it.

We were able to add the dining plan when we went in the past. It's a manual process/override that allows you to get the discounted room and dining without requiring you to get the tickets. They know that most AFS guests will be getting their tickets on base or at an MWR office.

Does anyone know what information you need to order tickets from SoG over the phone? We are planning a January trip and probably won’t be able to get tickets in person at base.

This is not true for the Armed Forces Salute promo. They have a way of adding on dining without requiring you to add a ticket.
It's a manual process and that's why we have to call in to book it.
As I said in my post that you replied to, you do not need to purchase tickets to add the dining plan to a military room rate.

But, even though no tickets are included, it still makes it a package, and subject to package terms of pay in full date, cancellations, and deposit.

so anxious about the military discounts.....we were planning on using a cousins DVC points, just found out we will probably not be able to, so really need to keep aware of when the Military discounts are available!! Planning on December 2019

Does anyone know what information you need to order tickets from SoG over the phone? We are planning a January trip and probably won’t be able to get tickets in person at base.

If you call them and ask to order the tickets they will email you a form that you fill out for your order. You'll email that back along with documentation of eligibility and a credit card for them to charge. They'll process it and then email you back with ticket vouchers. Those tickets are already activated, so you can just link them in your MDE and you are set to schedule FP+ go straight to the parks when you arrive. It's a very easy process.

If you call them and ask to order the tickets they will email you a form that you fill out for your order. You'll email that back along with documentation of eligibility and a credit card for them to charge. They'll process it and then email you back with ticket vouchers. Those tickets are already activated, so you can just link them in your MDE and you are set to schedule FP+ go straight to the parks when you arrive. It's a very easy process.

Wonderful, thank you so much!

Me, waiting for updates on the renewal like...
giphy.gif

As I said in my post that you replied to, you do not need to purchase tickets to add the dining plan to a military room rate.

But, even though no tickets are included, it still makes it a package, and subject to package terms of pay in full date, cancellations, and deposit.

Obviously my finger were faster than my eyes! sorry!

I’m trying to be patient but it’s so hard, we are wanting to go to WDW in December (2019), so at this point we don’t have anything booked, but I’m hoping the military discounts will be continued and announced soon!

Will the salute tickets and rooms discounts be announced at the same time??
If there is a new military resort room offer, once the offer is announced, full details on tickets may be available on that day or shortly thereafter. There is usually a period of time we wait to be able to purchase the new salute tickets.

I am also anxiously awaiting to see if they will release anything for 2019. We currently have 4 adults reserved at POR in February. Hoping to upgrade to a deluxe with the military discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter